Current Page: 5 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 09, 2011 03:38PM

backtracking a bit to Glenn:

Yeah, I've never understood why they are so protective of him. WTF?

He and Al are both playing both sides, Al with rather more venom and nastiness at his command. It keeps them off-balance and uneasy so to be sure of not triggering the nastiness they are indulgent of him (probably rationalising it as 'saving him')---but it stems from fear of the nastiness he might display should they rile him enough.

Its much the same as the attitude they take with Wanker McKay--appeasement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 09, 2011 04:07PM

An interesting precedent from 2002 in the New South Wales Supreme Court.....

Courts do seem to recognise the undue influence at work when a major asset, such as the family home, is surrendered--as that is clearly not a usual and rational occurrence. There have been several UK cases where a guru has been found guilty of fraudulently influencing such a donation.
The problem lies in proving that same influence in the freegan nomads who make up Wanker McKay's workforce and keep his business going--that is more difficult to show to an acceptable level of proof in a court. A class action with several plaintiffs would make it easier to prove.

Date: August 09, 2011 04:41PM

Just as a point of interest, did Glenn ever join the army and serve any appreciable length of time? I am thinking about the barcode, and whether that was aquired as compensation for a lack of army training.
I can't see him being accepted with that on his forehead, no matter how desperate they may be for recruits.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 09, 2011 07:51PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Forgive me Zeuszor, but would you mind re-posting the National Geographic clip (2009?) of the media whore McKays "hamming it up"....as Freegans....

David really ought to have really explained to National Geographic that in addition to his newly discovered "Freegan" principles, he also owns and operates his own small business of 20 indentured labourers, working full time on starvation "wages" (board and the right to raid bins for food, that has been thrown away), selling the vile bile he writes and has printed up, on the cheap, in the third world.....don't you think?

Oerlikon posted this one a while back, not I:

[channel.nationalgeographic.com]

More later. Must go now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 07:53PM by zeuszor.

Date: August 09, 2011 10:09PM

Thanks to you both then....Oerlikon for finding it in the first place, ...and you, Zueszor, for being kind enough to locate Oerlikons' link for me....!

Allan may well have coughed up thousands for McKay....that would comprise a "major asset" to my mind.....however at anytime, any individual left the JC's, they were generally isolated, from support (...and of course, continuing to think that they must serve the "cause" even if externally to the JesusChristians, they would not launch a lawsuit against a cause they remained personally invested in) that might otherwise encourage them to take legal action promptly....hence "class actions" would always be problematic.....the point at which they forsook all to "God" (not the period of general servitude) would I think be the point at which anyone single individual might be able to nominate "major assets" handed, lock, stock and barrel over to McKay...

"Consumer Protection Legislation" and the rules pertaining to (partial) dissolution of a business partnership...need to be honed, ever so slightly, in order to give some courts some jurisdiction over those manifestly disadvantaged, by supposed "complicity" in their misadventures......(McKay would claim everyone he misrepresented himself and his organization to, "agreed" to the "donation" of their goods to a "communal purse" (a "communal purse" which never in fact existed.....the lack of legal enforcable proprietary rights, itself, should become a criminal offence, chargeable against the originating organizers of these (effectively) "pyramid schemes" of wealth creation, barely hidden behind a veil of "religion" (such as the JesusChristians)

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 09, 2011 10:45PM

Stoic

He and Al are both playing both sides, Al with rather more venom and nastiness at his command. It keeps them off-balance and uneasy so to be sure of not triggering the nastiness they are indulgent of him (probably rationalising it as 'saving him')---but it stems from fear of the nastiness he might display should they rile him enough.

Al and Glen are a couple of emotionally needy gay trolls, plain and simple. Neither has ever had any intention of joining the cult. They hope to create drama and division, that is all. They're probably just bored and this is how they get their kicks, similar to Denise.

Date: August 10, 2011 01:35AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Thanks to you both then....Oerlikon for finding it in the first place, ...and you, Zueszor, for being kind enough to locate Oerlikons' link for me....!

Allan may well have coughed up thousands for McKay....that would comprise a "major asset" to my mind.....however at anytime, any individual left the JC's, they were generally isolated, from support (...and of course, continuing to think that they must serve the "cause" even if externally to the JesusChristians, they would not launch a lawsuit against a cause they remained personally invested in) that might otherwise encourage them to take legal action promptly....hence "class actions" would always be problematic.....the point at which they forsook all to "God" (not the period of general servitude) would I think be the point at which anyone single individual might be able to nominate "major assets" handed, lock, stock and barrel over to McKay...

"Consumer Protection Legislation" and the rules pertaining to (partial) dissolution of a business partnership...need to be honed, ever so slightly, in order to give some courts some jurisdiction over those manifestly disadvantaged, by supposed "complicity" in their misadventures......(McKay would claim everyone he misrepresented himself and his organization to, "agreed" to the "donation" of their goods to a "communal purse" (a "communal purse" which never in fact existed.....the lack of legal enforcable proprietary rights, itself, should become a criminal offence, chargeable against the originating organizers of these (effectively) "pyramid schemes" of wealth creation, barely hidden behind a veil of "religion" (such as the JesusChristians)

That's the problem with people taking large sums of money into the cult, they're then trapped. The more money a person takes into the cult the less chance there is of them leaving any time soon. Sadly that may be the case with Allan. He was approaching 60 when he joined the cult so it's more than likely he had a considerable bankroll behind him.

I read somewhere that a gentleman was thinking about selling his house and then handing the money over to McKay. I think he may even have been married at the time and apparently his daughter got involved. Does that ring a bell? Possibly could have been Alan?

There has got to be some way McKay's victims followers can claim back their money. If someone walks in with £20,000 and then six months down the line decides they want to leave then they must be legally entitled to some if not all of that money back.

Date: August 10, 2011 02:03AM

That was a gentleman from Ireland, if I remember correctly Apollo....nothing more was heard of him as far as I know (no doubt one of the "litnessing teams" from the UK went to the trouble of visiting him.....)....I don't think it was Alan (who's not Irish, is he?)

I do agree with you, that at that late stage of life, once you've put all your "eggs" in McKay's basket.....it would be difficult to be able to admit to yourself that you'd made a (very)" bad call"....

Other than David, many of the other JesusChristians (in my day at least) were warm and supportive personalities, committed and idealistic, whose company I can still remember fondly (even David McKay had a "nice side" to him early on, in the piece....assuming you lived up to expectations of you)...That is probably a major part of the "attraction" for Allan......they will need to be genuinely supportive of each other, once their fantasy world begins to collapse all around them....and here, I don't mean "belief in a God, that provides for those who choose to dedicate themselves to his purpose".....I naturally, mean the fantasy that unswerving loyalty and service to the ghastly Empire of McKay has anything whatsoever to do with "God's purpose"......

No peek out of David yet on his own forum, so far this month....perhaps you were right about the old cancer playing up, Apollo!

Date: August 10, 2011 05:36AM

Alan is English so it must have been some other poor chap.

When Franky recently met Alan she said she immediately felt a great deal of sympathy for him. It's not difficult to see why. He's almost a pensioner and he's given up everything to share a van with three other people. He should be looking forward to his retirement but instead he's spending 50+ hours a week trawling the streets doing unpaid work whilst surviving on scraps from supermarket bins. He looks ill in that video I posted on the previous page, his clothes were hanging off him. This is no life for a pensioner.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 05:59AM by Apollo.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 10, 2011 06:08AM

Apollo
Stoic

Al and Glen are a couple of emotionally needy gay trolls, plain and simple. Neither has ever had any intention of joining the cult. They hope to create drama and division, that is all. They're probably just bored and this is how they get their kicks, similar to Denise.

Just ignore that guy, please. He's Nick's problem, and not mine or yours. Please.

Current Page: 5 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.