Current Page: 4 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 09, 2011 07:19AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
McKay at one point also mentioning though (on the JC website) what he had in his (I meant the "group" account don't I)....averaging out at a several thousand per member($5.000 was the figure quoted?)...a misleading statistic as no one had the "freedom" to spend the money on anything other than what McKay indicated, namely printing off his vile bile and hocking it across the major cities of several continents)....I think there was well over $100,000 in the account at that stage and there may well have been enough to cover the cruise there...

Each member spends a MINIMUM of 50 hours per week selling books/dvds. Members have been known to make on average £100 per day. I think Alf holds the record for getting the most books/dvds out, 1700 odd in a few weeks selling in Kenya. Joe also managed to sell 1500 odd in a few weeks in London. When you consider most people give at least £1 , usually more, then we come to a tidy sum of money. The cost of making the books/dvds is only a fraction of what they earn and they have been rumoured to use child labour in India. There's probably kids as young as seven slogging away for 12 hours a day, earning peanuts, so they can then sell their books/dvds on at huge profits. This is big business to McKay.

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Should Reinehardt allow his passport to lapse....I'm not even sure that he could travel across the EU freely, these days....his whereabouts is another puzzle as he, Ross (and Alan, who I have to say I don't know).....are all of an age where they would start to become liabilities to McKay (unable to "rough it" as readily, health issues gradually arising with more frequency).....and I'd be interested to know what has become of them....can't say I remember seeing any of them in footage out of London (Catholic Worker newsletters) or in the images from Takitafu Gardens....

I'm sure it was Alan who Franky met distributing on the streets of London.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 09, 2011 07:22AM

Who is Alan? I have no record of such a person. Is this Alan Wright?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 07:24AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 09, 2011 07:33AM

The chap who's over 60. Apparently he took thousands into the cult. His elderly mother strongly opposes the cult.

[www.youtube.com]

He first appears on this documentary at 1:00.

Date: August 09, 2011 07:35AM

Yes, I have seen this. Alan. He's not so conspicuous, eh? I know nothing of him.

Date: August 09, 2011 07:37AM

He has spent time at Takatifu Gardens. I don't think he was on the cruise.

Date: August 09, 2011 07:38AM

He was on the cruise, yes.

Date: August 09, 2011 09:23AM

Oh...well Alan would be the oldest by a long shot then, wouldn't he....a decade older than Ross, and perhaps five years younger than McKay....his story would be an interesting one then....I presume that he was "single" (never married/widowed/separated/divorced) at the time of recruitment....?

Date: August 09, 2011 11:32AM

Apollo
Each member spends a MINIMUM of 50 hours per week selling books/dvds. Members have been known to make on average £100 per day. I think Alf holds the record for getting the most books/dvds out, 1700 odd in a few weeks selling in Kenya. Joe also managed to sell 1500 odd in a few weeks in London. When you consider most people give at least £1 , usually more, then we come to a tidy sum of money. The cost of making the books/dvds is only a fraction of what they earn and they have been rumoured to use child labour in India. There's probably kids as young as seven slogging away for 12 hours a day, earning peanuts, so they can then sell their books/dvds on at huge profits. This is big business to McKay.

MISTAKE: They were able to do that in just a week. The JCs are making huge sums of money on a weekly basis. Each member get's $5-$10 a week pocket money, which most don't even spend. The rest goes into the Apostle's back pocket. Whilst McKay dines on the finest McDonald's has to offer his followers are raiding bins for any scraps they can find. The less they spend on food the more the Apostle's profits rise, that's the real reason they're ''freegans''.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 11:40AM by Apollo.

Date: August 09, 2011 01:57PM

Forgive me Zeuszor, but would you mind re-posting the National Geographic clip (2009?) of the media whore McKays "hamming it up"....as Freegans....

David really ought to have really explained to National Geographic that in addition to his newly discovered "Freegan" principles, he also owns and operates his own small business of 20 indentured labourers, working full time on starvation "wages" (board and the right to raid bins for food, that has been thrown away), selling the vile bile he writes and has printed up, on the cheap, in the third world.....don't you think?

Date: August 09, 2011 02:03PM

An interesting precedent from 2002 in the New South Wales Supreme Court.....

[www.austlii.edu.au]

See the "catchwords",

CATCHWORDS:

FRAUD AND MISREPRESENTATION AND UNDUE INFLUENCE - undue influence - religious advisor, person in position of trust and confidence - the plaintiff claimed remedies against her donation of farm to incorporated association representing Hare Krishna Movement - farm later sold - extremely improvident gift of only substantial asset - no independent advice or influence - burden of proof on defendant - on detailed consideration of facts held that transaction was unconscionable and plaintiff awarded amount of price for which sold.

Current Page: 4 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.