Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Cognitive Therapy Cult?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 06, 2005 08:10PM

Cosmophilospher
Yes, a nice tactic of diversion.

Too bad there is no proof of damage i am aware of from using CT.
Too bad CT is about realistic thinking, and thinking for yourself.
Too bad there are hundreds of independent scientific placebo controlled studies showing CT works for up to 70-80% of people.

But to some people FACTS are the enemy of Belief, so the facts must be ignored.

Coz

How bizarre. Sounds like "Tex's" argument that "anti-cult" people are in their own cult: the "Anti-cult Cult." I guess if you've got no other ammunition, you have to resort to something this feeble.

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote
Cognitive Therapy Cult?
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: June 07, 2005 12:51PM

Timmer, IMO, with all respect, perhaps not everything/anything seems as it appears.....

Therapists may have been "compromised", politicians, big US corp employees, church members, relatives, even lovers...

I'll say one phrase to ya to see if ya can grasp it.."it's a jungle out there.."

And the possibilities are?

get "out - the - box' ......to survive, in the longgggggggg run..

PAX

Cognitive Therapy Cult?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 08, 2005 08:34PM

Researcher:

Has this research been conducted by scientific means and by what professionals specifically?

What studies can you cite that were sponsored by what institution?

And were the results then peer-reviewed and subsequently published?

If so, please cite the title of the subsequently published research/study, the publisher and its publication date.

This information did not appear on your personal website.

It seems your claims have been discreditted though. The Skeptic's Dictionary notes this.

See [skepdic.com]

...the research regarding the necessity of the eye movement component is currently inconclusive...No one has been able to adequately explain how EMDR is supposed to work.

And eye movement theory has little, if anything, to do with the subjects or groups discussed at this board.

I don't see anything compelling in your posts or your website to demonstrate otherwise. And this has nothing to do with Landmark or any other group discussed here.

It seems like you are using this board to promote your theories and website, rather than contribute in any meaningful way to the discussion here.

Cognitive Therapy Cult?
Posted by: Researcher ()
Date: June 09, 2005 03:41AM

The information is used by manufacturers of Cubicles. You can link to them from the Modern Cubicle page.

If you can get someone to talk to you have a designer or engineer at one of the dealers explain Cubicle Level Protection to you. The sales force and others will know nothing. This is closely held information.

Almost no one believes this the first time they hear it.

The EST page at my site explains why EST produced psychotic episodes. [b:55b17952a4]EST and why it works is certainly a subject for your site. [/b:55b17952a4]

I go further to explain why Cults can persuade people and why those beliefs are so firmly held. Even when reasonable arguments are made the victims will not be dissuaded.

[b:55b17952a4]Again, this is a subject of this forum.[/b:55b17952a4]

Papers on this subject would have been written between 1953 and about 1970. The library of Congress said that anything that long ago will be on microfilm.

Promote the site: In a way that is true but my posts have information that does bear on your forum subject.

[b:55b17952a4]There is Resistance to this information.[/b:55b17952a4] It does not sound plausible. But I sat in a psychology class where the problem was discussed and explained in about 1990.

I have been stunned to find that this problem is unknown in the mental health field.

You have the advantage of getting a heads-up.

You can be exposed to this problem almost anywhere. If you work in a business that does not use Cubicles start there. Your children in college can be victims.

If you teach or attend a school that does not warn students of this problem tell someone in your administration.

I believe his problem is causing the sudden disappearances and strange suicides at schools such as MIT and NYU.

You are free to believe anything you wish. But do not prevent others from getting the information.

I rely on the Demonstration page to convince you that the problem does exist.

Cognitive Therapy Cult?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 09, 2005 04:04AM

"Researcher":

You have cited no objective research as requested.

Apparently you have no peer-reviewed published papers to list by name, publication date etc.

Your claims have nothing to do with the subjects and groups discussed at this site, other than your effort to make one.

If you cannot stay on topic please don't post here.

Frankly, much of what you post reads like a conspiracy theory.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.