Religous schools as front for diploma mills
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: August 13, 2002 05:56AM

There's a university called Hamilton U that Dr. John Bear calls a diploma mill and so do the courts. As the state the school operates out of has loopholes in their laws for religious schools, they can grant degrees for any subject based on their religious basis. They claim affiliation with a religous order called FION.
I'm not sure if this constitues just a business scam or a cult but
one person got terminated from his job because the school was determined to be fraudulent by his company and the courts upheld the ruling. So one person's reputation and career is out the window. Be careful in what you invest in.
Hamilton sent me an email and retorted that Dr. Bear is a representative for a school in the UK. But Bear also has books out on his competitors schools and he calls many of them excellent, etc.
I found out about Hamilton because I answered an ad for a group called ARRC about non-traditional education. To be fair ARRC also referred me to Rutgers if I wanted a traditional degree.
There are distance learning masters and doctorates that are legit, but nothing beats an MBA from Harvard. And nothing beats a religious order that starts a legit school like Notre Dame or Yeshiva U. Plenty of fertile minds started at these schools.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.