Comunita Cenacolo St. Augustine FL
Posted by: magik314 ()
Date: May 18, 2005 01:37PM

Catholic Drug Rehabilitaion

Minimun 3 yr commitment however financial ties keep members tied indefinatly. No contact with family, news, tv, mail. Three 5 minute showers (lake water) per week. Grow own food (Providence). Always required to be with another "Brother". Dissenters dig holes for up to seven days or are left pennyless half way between Jaksonville and St. Augustine on Highway I95. I got out. Is this a cult?

Josh

Options: ReplyQuote
Comunita Cenacolo St. Augustine FL
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: June 01, 2005 03:25PM

Hi -

While I am not familiar with the group that you mentioned, there are several cults within the Catholic Church, most notably Opus Dei, Legion of Christ, Communion and Liberation and Focalare. Most of their activities do not seem to deal with drug rehab, but I know that Opus Dei has recruited people while they have been in drug rehab, like the economist Lawrence Kudlow. So, it would seem to me that it would be possible that a group could use drug rehab as a recruiting tool.

Also, it should be noted that the Scientology cult uses drug rehab programs (Narconon) as a form of recruitment.

Re: Comunita Cenacolo St. Augustine FL
Posted by: magik314 ()
Date: November 20, 2010 05:01PM

This group is still going strong and has expanded to several new "houses" . It's a pretty simple formula, Families Donate, the Community buys undeveloped land on the cheap. They then send in addicts to beat back the shrubs which lay the framework for campus's. With more campus's they gather more donations and more members... Then wealthy parents pass their children off to Albino to be fixed and Albino Sends out monthly newsletters ending in Ciao.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.