Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Sogyal Lakar aka Rinpoche TV documentary
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 07, 2011 07:12AM

'By filing in criminal court.'

By eventually filing in criminal courts after sometimes decades of doggedly fighting the organised denial of the church and the disbelief of all around them---much as Sile is attempting to deny Sogyal's misdeeds here.

There were a lot of litigation changes along the way also, to allow these cases to be eventually heard and decided in a criminal court. The Catholic Church is still not really getting it but they are hurting in the only place they feel pain, the diocesan pocket.

But the floodgates are opening now due to the persistence of these very brave and damaged people--and that will have a snowball effect for all religious sexual predators.

So Sile, advise Sogyal that his time of protection is coming to an end, despite your puny efforts to whitewash his reputation here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sile ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:26AM

Stoic
'By filing in criminal court.'

So Sile, advise Sogyal that his time of protection is coming to an end, despite your puny efforts to whitewash his reputation here.

I've never met the man.

Examine my words to date carefully: If Mary Finnigan, Victoria Barlow and Evelyn followed some of my suggestions, they would shore up their cases.

Never assume.

Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:29AM

To rephrase my question to keep it strictly on-topic:

How can the dozens, if not hundreds, of Sogyal victims file in criminal court on claims of abuse? We saw what happened to the "Janice Doe" case. Abuse, violation of fiduciary trust, and the like are unprovable, in spite of the testimony of other women. This is why I'm asking how victims of Catholic clergy managed. I think when children are involved, the crime is more egregious, so there's more of an obligation on the part of the courts to examine the cases and act on behalf of minors. When adults are involved, there's much more of a burden of proof on the plaintiffs.

Because of this obstacle, there's no documentation that can be cited in discussing rampant clergy abuse. Does anyone see a way around this obstacle? Perhaps the only way would be for a large group of women to file a suit together. Would it be helpful to file charges, even if abuse couldn't be proven? At least there would be a paper trail, and a formal accusation. I'm asking because I'd like to know what to advise women, and I'd like to find a way to make some progress in resolving the problem.

Does anyone know, have there been any further complaints against Sogyal, even informally? Any more women seeking him out as a bereavement counselor and running into trouble? Any Rigpa staffers complaining of sexual harassment? Do the UK countries have sexual harassment laws or workplace regulations?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 07, 2011 09:39AM

Exactly.

The prime focus here, on this thread is SOGYAL

However, as Misstyk points out, the obstacle in getting legal charges filed is that Soggy's alleged misdeeds have been directed toward adult women, rather than, in the case of most of the erring Catholic clergy, underaged children.

However, if we dare to mention the Catholic situation as a way to ponder ways to create strategies to assist Soggy's female targets, this gets turned into a 'red herring' by You Know Who.

Whose patterns of obfuscation ultimately are meant to thwart any discussion of Soggy and just wear us the fuck out.

Interested readers are invited to read all of Sile's posts in seriatim and note the pattern.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Friends, this is NOT genuine Buddhist practice.

All this happened because Sogyal failed to teach properly and instead encouraged a neurotic cult of personality centered on him.

Its SOGYAL that encouraged this crap.

Posted by: Blue Dakini ()
Date: December 07, 2011 04:52PM

Sile has come clean in a private message to me. S/he is Sheila and other pseudos on Dialogue Ireland. She has been consistently trying to discredit me for some months now -- mostly by claiming that I am an agent of the Chinese government. She is adept at smoke and mirrors and at latching onto red herrings and refusing to let go, despite being cut off at the knees by people who have known me personally for many years. And despite irrefutable corroborated evidence about Sogyal that has been published in the mainstream media since 1994. S/he can blather on as much as s/he likes about copyright -- it will fall on deaf ears here and I suspect Marianne won't cough up 1,000s of Euros to retain lawyers to sue DI -- which has very little money and is run by volunteers.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:40PM

To whom it may concern:

See [www.culteducation.com]

A proven copyright holder may request that material protected under copyright be taken down from this Web site. This has been done on occasion. For example, regarding material once posted about Mankind Project from its published, but not publicly available, manual.

The material pertinent to the discussion thread from Mankind Project's manual was subsequently quoted verbatim within "fair use" guidelines and remains intact today and available to anyone through this message board. This is completely legal and impervious to a copyright claim.

If someone on this thread wishes to insure that certain quotes from a document posted here will be preserved on this thread it might be wise to write up something to post that can be placed on this thread if material under copyright is removed.

Posted by: Sile ()
Date: December 07, 2011 09:36PM

Sile/Sheila is my real name. As you may know, the more common spelling is often taken.

My full name (as I believe I've already posted) is Sile Shigley - I'm a real person from Madison, WI, USA, and very easy to find if you have remaining doubts. I welcome discussion both online and in person.

Date: December 07, 2011 09:59PM

Basically, you are asking how to bring a class action suit. If it were me I would first look for a friendly and dedicated legal person who is interested in the general subject of righting wrongs, not in collecting a large paycheck.

You can find these types working for various NGO's, or by talking to the relevant NGO's to get pointed in the right direction of a legal person who might be interested in putting such a case together. Even if the legal person you talk to cannot help they can give valuable info that moves you a step further in the right direction.

Its a long slow process--you could look for similar cases in different denominations to find a legal person interested in this type of action, and approach directly, but expect to get a lot of knockbacks--that dogged persistance thing.

The legal person can tell you the kind of evidence, testimony, that is required and then you have to find the persons with that testimony. You find those persons the way you find any persons, posting ads in places those persons are likely to frequent, facebook and twitter etc makes it a lot easier these days.

Don't get your hopes up--many cases don't ever make it to the courts for many different reasons--that's not a reason to give up, it should just make you more subtle and forensic in your investigative efforts. This is a real process, not a Hollywood movie.

Keeping your eye on the ball always helps, although getting side-tracked and 'fire-fighting' on occasion is an occupational hazard that is not always avoidable.

It may be that the time, situation, climate is not yet right to pursue a case, that doesn't matter. Stick it on the back-burner for when the time etc is right--it won't spoil.

Try to look past the clichés, (worn out phrases)--they are worn out from overuse but still have a nugget of truth somewhere if you can manage a new perspective on them.

Date: December 07, 2011 10:15PM

When you find your friendly legal person, get an explanation on what constitutes a body of evidence--it doesn't all have to be documented and nailed down. Judges and juries have the same type of brain as everyone else, as easily swayed by emotion as anyone elses.

Going to law is about winning and a good lawyer uses everything in his arsenal in his attempt to win. So a combination of hard documentary evidence and emotional truths can carry the day. The chap on the other side will be doing exactly the same, so a provisional faith in the judicial process to sort the wheat from the chaff is essential.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 08, 2011 02:30AM

Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.