Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
House of Prayer (HOP) Christian Churches of America inc...
Posted by: Tasha ()
Date: May 01, 2011 04:43AM

I am currently attending a HOP church in Lacey, WA. It is a branch off of the main church in Tacoma, WA. I was searching on the internet and found that this could be a cult but I am not sure, or if it even is from NTCC. The only thing I know is that their main headquarters is in Hinesville, GA. The women don't wear makeup nor jewelry, don't cut their, and wear only dresses. They sit on one side while the brothers sit on another. The majority of them are from the military. The main pastor is Virgo. Does anyone have any experience with these people?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: House of Prayer (HOP) Christian Churches of America inc...
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 01, 2011 08:45AM

I am on the east coast of the USA.

I have spoke with a pastor of some group of Christians that do what you wrote about (women don't cut their hair, dress plainly, etc.)

It was a 15 minute conversation at a local grocery store but I just got the idea they were a group of conservative christians with extemely conservative biblical views (like women should not cut their hair since it is "God's glory").

As far as sitting apart from one another (male and female) this is also present in the Amish, moslems, Orthodox Jews, and the "Quakers" (The "Friends") to name a few. I am sure there are more out there that do the same.

I am sure someone here will be able to tell you more about "pastor" Virgo and if this is a "cult". This may just be some conservative christian sect, but if it is NOT a cult, that doesn't rule out abuse and concern.

Posted by: Fortissimo ()
Date: May 01, 2011 09:15AM

Date: May 02, 2011 02:21AM

I would have posted on factnet except I have to pay to post it said so thats why I posted here. As for the conservative sect, I just hope they are! Now, I have seen pastor Virgo's name mentioned only a couple of times while talking about ntcc but not in detail. I need to know more about this guy....

Posted by: realc4ever ()
Date: May 02, 2011 11:55PM

use the search engine and type in "true stories of ntcc" and a blog will come up with lots of info.

factnet also has info

also type in bruce smith and ntcc and some news articles will come up with lots of info

HOP was started by a former NTCC pastor. HOP was created by men who were upset with NTCC ways.

From what I have heard HOP is no better and may be worse than NTCC.

i have attended ntcc for 8 years.

hop ntcc
Posted by: realc4ever ()
Date: May 02, 2011 11:57PM

hop was created by men who were upset with NTCC ways. they may be just as bad if not worse.

use the search engine and type in
bruce smith and ntcc
and
true stories of ntcc
and you'll find lots of info there.

Date: May 08, 2011 03:35AM

I have observed some things that fit but for this particular church, it doesn't seem cultish. I'm not saying this for all HOP churches; just this one. I did read up on ntcc and I'm glad I'm not in it. But perhaps when I stick around long enough, my church could very well become that way. Still keeping my guard up.

Posted by: three ()
Date: May 13, 2011 08:59PM

the only house of prayer that i relly know about was started by daddy grace. theyy call all the bishops now that are over them daddy they are a cult

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: January 23, 2012 11:49AM

I was a member of House of Prayer in Chesterfield, VA Pastor Stell.......I WAS A MEMBER, lol.......I wanted to make that really clear.....when I left that ministry.....all the pastor said to me as he gave me his blessing was.....you know you're gonna have to start all over from scratch at whatever ministry you get hooked up with.........oh really.......like he was mad at me for leaving or something......very weird!!!!!!!!!!! Now I went to one that was a store front with the same name....an hispanic ministry.........WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! But, I didn't understand their language very well and the girl that sang in the choir translated the pastors message for me.....I really liked that someone was willing to take the time to help me out........they had church 7 days a week..........when I saw all the brothers and sisters litterally down on their faces before the Lord around the altar......it touched my heart.......that that's how praying should be always......but, pastor and his wife had fancy car, clothes.......they charged money for dinner........it was 5 dollars to eat.......they also had a restaurant........well.......that's great........still needed more in my life...........I am happier at AAUCC.......

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: January 25, 2012 11:53AM

Not affiliated with the House of Prayer of this thread.

notperfectyet
I was a member of House of Prayer in Chesterfield, VA Pastor Stell.......I WAS A MEMBER, lol.......I wanted to make that really clear.....when I left that ministry.....all the pastor said to me as he gave me his blessing was.....you know you're gonna have to start all over from scratch at whatever ministry you get hooked up with.........oh really.......like he was mad at me for leaving or something......very weird!!!!!!!!!!! Now I went to one that was a store front with the same name....an hispanic ministry.........WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! But, I didn't understand their language very well and the girl that sang in the choir translated the pastors message for me.....I really liked that someone was willing to take the time to help me out........they had church 7 days a week..........when I saw all the brothers and sisters litterally down on their faces before the Lord around the altar......it touched my heart.......that that's how praying should be always......but, pastor and his wife had fancy car, clothes.......they charged money for dinner........it was 5 dollars to eat.......they also had a restaurant........well.......that's great........still needed more in my life...........I am happier at AAUCC.......

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.