Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: FAITH HEALING
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:01AM

Interesting, three. Please tell us more. Where did you see the miracle healing, who performed it (I don't mean God, I mean the preacher, mystic, etc.) I would be grateful for his/her name and the organization he/she belongs to.

What was the nature of the healing?

Was there a "Love Gift" asked for? (collection box passed around).

Was the person who was healed undergoing western medicine at the same time?

Have you seen the person who was healed later and were they still healed or did they relapse?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2011 01:02AM by Sparky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: three ()
Date: May 19, 2011 02:08AM

sparky. the healings were done at our church. no i do not give out personal names of the ministers who did this or who do these things
they were no
mystics as you say they were christian\there is never a "love gifts askd for the healings

they were healed of may different things
yes some were taking meds but stoped when they received the healings and i dont know what you mean by western med i live in the south . and yes ive seen the and they are still going

Date: May 19, 2011 02:59AM

TERE WERE NO COLLECTION BOXES there was no mystic
i dont give out peoples names or personal infor,i dont know what you are talking about when you say western meds. we are christian .yes i seen and see most of them about every day and yes they are still healed. people who have had cancer were prayed for and were healed differnt things. if you are not a christian (which i asume you are not born again) why you worried about it we dont practice withcraft

Date: May 19, 2011 08:24AM

three
TERE WERE NO COLLECTION BOXES there was no mystic
i dont give out peoples names or personal infor,i dont know what you are talking about when you say western meds. we are christian .yes i seen and see most of them about every day and yes they are still healed. people who have had cancer were prayed for and were healed differnt things. if you are not a christian (which i asume you are not born again) why you worried about it we dont practice withcraft

Thank you for your response. I see I have unintentionally confused you. This was not my intention.

"Western medicine" is a term I use to refer to modern medicine as practiced in the western world (North America, for example).

I use it to differentiate from "Eastern medicine" which is what you find from the Orient...things like herbs and accupunture (sticking needles in people to relieve pain) etc.

I merely wanted to see if the miracle healings you witnessed were done by people getting state-of-the-art medical care for their conditions and it seems by your answers that they were.

I neither implied you folks practiced "witchcraft" nor were "mystics". I use the term "mystic" to encompass non-christian healings which are included under the thread-heading of "Faith Healers".

I will tell you that my religion/belief system is not relevant to the current discussion of "Faith Healing".

May I assume you are under 18 years old? Your ferver for your church is strong, like one expects in a young, new christian.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 08:43AM by Sparky.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: May 19, 2011 03:46PM

I think that any case of claimed 'healing' where symptoms go into remission and disappear, has to be investigated individually and thoroughly before any specific cause can be assigned to the remission of symptoms.

Where medicine of any kind, western or other, has been used, it is not possible to scientifically discount the action of that medicine in any subsequent changes in the symptoms and condition.

Symptoms of many ailments naturally go into remission and change in the way they manifest in the body--so no conclusions can be scientifically drawn from a simple remission of symptoms. It doesn't necessarily follow that an apparent remission of symptoms indicates a profound healing.

In western medicine we have the largest and most tested body of knowledge concerning physical illness and disease--it would be profoundly stupid to ignore those findings and the benefits that knowledge can bring to a sick person.

Have faith, by all means, but don't ignore the skill and knowledge of a good western-trained medic, still your best bet in times of ill-health. Its not an either/or choice--faith or medicine--you can and should use both if you want the best outcome, your own faith and the skills of a good, experienced medic.

We are called homo sapiens--'sapiens' refers to our ability to think and reach workable conclusions.

Our current scientific knowledge is the product of sustained thought by the best, god-given minds throughout millenia. It would be profoundly stupid to ignore the conclusions those minds have so far reached in favour of apathy and ignorance, doing nothing, in the face of illness and disease.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 03:51PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: May 19, 2011 04:17PM

The Arabs have a great saying that covers the sensible solution of using both personal faith and pragmatic thinking in using the tried and tested solutions:
'Trust in god but tie up your camel'

and christianity recognises the same sensible approach in:
'God helps those who help themselves'

Date: May 20, 2011 11:17PM

yes and it was GOD alone that did the healings

Date: May 21, 2011 03:27AM

Dear three;

May I assume you are under 18 years old? Your ferver for your church is strong, like one expects in a young, new christian.

Date: May 21, 2011 11:31PM

praise THE GOOD LORD at least im makeing an effect

Date: May 22, 2011 03:40AM

Are you under 18?

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.