Alli Pacha and Tom Arcuti
Posted by: BarbaraG ()
Date: May 09, 2005 09:54PM

Has anyone run into someone named Tom Arcuti, who calls himself a shaman and his group or 'way' "Alli Pacha"?

If so, I'd appreciate any information about him. A member of my family has come under the influence of this man--to the point of running off with him. I hesitate to say too much because of the warning about "flaming", etc. I just wonder how we could find out more about him.

Thanks.

Barbara

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 09, 2005 10:15PM

It can be hard to tell whether your relative freely chose to leave home to join this group, or would have left home for some other reason even if he or she had never become involved, or whether this group did exert some influence. You'll need to get more information.

And, not all shamans or spiritual teachers are alert enough to say to an eager student, 'But where's your family in all this? Are they OK with you leaving home to join us?' For not all students admit that they've run away from home to join the group.

As a rule of thumb, responsible healers advise people to stay involved with friends and family and work out their conflicts at home. If someone run away from home, they leave heart break (which breeds misery, not healing!) and they take their unsolved problems with them wherever they go. If one must leave home, one should tell friends and family.

Traditional cultures often have formal leave-taking ceremonies for exactly this reason--to prevent lingering misunderstandings and loose ends.

The tribal peoples who have practiced and preserved shamanic spirituality are family oriented. In harsh wilderness conditions one can only survive as a member of a group or clan, not by oneself.

A crucial part of the shaman's journey was to return to the village and clan after recieving visions or healing powers so that the entire community would benefit. The gifts were meant to be used in service to the community, so the recipient was supposed to return to the community, not reject the community.

Go to Google and do searches both on Google and on its listserve groups.

(click the groups tab to search groups).

Search under 'shamanism' and the names and words you've mentioned. If you dont get anything try variant spellings such as 'pancha' and see if anything comes up.

Some general issues around shamanism are discussed here

[board.culteducation.com]

Look for magazines like [i:a8589c140e]Shaman's Drum [/i:a8589c140e]and check listings in the back. Also, see if you can find a copy of [i:a8589c140e]Common Ground [/i:a8589c140e]magazine.

[www.commonground.org]

It comes out once a month and is found on newstands in various parts of the country where there's an interest in these matters. Lots of different people and groups advertise there.

You can also go to www.factnet.org and post a query there as well.

Date: May 09, 2005 10:33PM

Thank you for your reply. I will try some of those sources. I have done a Google search and find his website, which doesn't tell much.

The things you say about shamanism do not sound like this man.

This family member was married--in what appeared to be a happy marriage (I acknowledge that no one ever knows except the two people involved)--she became sexually involved with this man, left her husband, then tried to get as much money as possible from him. This was completely against her previous values and personality.

In a couple of phone calls, she appears to get some clarity when she gets away from him for a few hours.

Thanks, again.

Barbara

Date: May 09, 2005 11:17PM

Thanks for those suggestions. I cannot reply by private message yet, but I was able to read your message.

Barbara

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.