Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Wiccan Hate Group
Posted by: tyciol ()
Date: July 25, 2008 07:46AM

I would imagine something this big would have been in the media.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kwinnky ()
Date: August 28, 2008 10:13AM

Jack Oskar Larm
Sallie
HI Jack,

What I can offer is research to show how most (if not all) Christian symbols and ideologies were 'borrowed' from pagan cultures. An example is the Ancient Egyptian story of the virgin birth, which miraculously became a potent metaphor for Christians.

While the Judeo-Christian religions have borrowed from other beliefs, the Jesus = Horus story that keeps popping up isn't really true. If you got it from Zeiest (sp?) you might want to check out the rest of that movie to see what kind of people are behind it.

As for the topic at hand, this is most likely an isolated incident, or a group of posers. Most wiccans (at least those out of high school) are "live and let live" type of people.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 29, 2008 08:55AM

Kwinnky, I am not aware of the Egyptian mythos directly influencing Christianity as much the Greek mythos (Virgin Birth is essential in many of the god-fertilizes-virgin-and-gives-birth-to-a-Hero). In fact the only reference to Jesus' supposed "virgin birth" is the Greek translation of the Gospel according to John (I believe, biblical scholors, please correct me if I am wrong). Thus the "Greek" mythos.

As far as the the crucifiction goes, I know that Odin (The head of the Norse pantheon of dieties) was crucified on a tree....and "rose from the dead"(From "Hero with a Thousand Faces" by J. Campbell). This was also an obviously common thread among all storytellers.

As a side note, I believe that Zorastor (Zorastorism) was also born from a virgin birth as his mother (a virgin) was bathing in a lake and "God" decided to "enter the lake and make her with child". This story comes to me from a practicioner of Zorastorism, not from any of my readings.

Anyhoo....Thanks for the heads up, Kwinnky...I will look into the Egyptian link. I do realize there are similar stories with Christian mythos but unaware of any direct link. Thanks again.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: December 12, 2008 11:06AM

Most Biblical stories are echoed by other religions.
The Flood...every other culture has an ""Atlantis'' type story in which a great civilization of advanced and mighty men are destroyed by a flood. Only the Bible says they were sinners but...otherwise...all cultures tell the same story.
The prince who will come and destroy the dragon/giant snake/evil beast. Every culture tells it. Genesis told the story ...that the seed of the woman would crush the head of the serpent.
A virgin shall conceive...that was in the old testament...I think maybe Isaiah. Yes...many other cultures echoed that story.
Then there's the One Creator God who has to deal with mini gods...the story told in Genesis. That's just like Zeus.

Posted by: Atehequa ()
Date: September 20, 2010 12:57AM

They have never been friendly to me since the days I first attempted to be friendly with them. I've been to a few of their festivals where their interaction(or lack of) with me was haughty to say the least. Being a Animist I've joined several of these Pagan internet forum communities and experienced the same behavior. I don't know if it's either gender or racial bias. Their methods are always mostly the same - either snub someone, gang jump them or ban. I've found most of these so called Pagan Forums are cult-like and if you're not with Wicca or any of the other white European rooted Pagan Path, or don't smooch-up to the administrator or moderators one becomes shunned or exiled.

I get the feeling they are none-too fond of us First Nations People, unless we're performing in away which suits their concept of how Native People should carry themselves.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: September 20, 2010 10:04PM

Atehequa, welcome.

I think from what I have gleened from Rick Ross Institute, that many of these LGATs (Large Group Awareness Training/Mass Marathon training) and even wiccans is that they have basically STOLEN much of the First Nations People's traditions.

Check out the "sweat lodges" stolen by Mankind Project!

Posted by: Atehequa ()
Date: September 28, 2010 10:34AM

One site in particular - Everything under the Moon Pagan Forum. Very cult-like. When I first joined, they snubbed me as I didn't have a handle like Moon Sparkles, Raven this, Raven that, Shadow this or Shadow that. Letting them know right from the start that I am of the Shawnee and interested in primitive spiritual paths, seemed to have distanced me from any of these people, but had a very obvious sock puppet, who by the way registered right after I did and is now gone, attempt to feel me out by a series of very personal and cryptic questions, something I've experienced on other so-called Pagan sites. When I began to ask why I was treated in such a manner, they became somewhat rude, and began to delete my posts. This smacked of other cults in the real world and how they operate. Although opinionated, my words were as civil as they are here now. Their next move was to villianize me.

Perhaps by being an older thinking person of more free will than they care for, I was a threat to their Shepherd-Flock agenda. Maybe it was racial, gender or cultural bias.

A cult leader is like an ever watchful shepherd who has a taste for stewed mutton.

Posted by: stars ()
Date: June 15, 2012 01:40AM

wicca only started in the 50's and I read it is a cult....

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.