Extreme groups
Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: January 26, 2006 12:02PM

A great resource for anyone who wants to learn more about extremist groups and how to fight them is SPLC, Intelligence Project.

Options: ReplyQuote
Extreme groups
Posted by: New Life ()
Date: February 01, 2006 10:35AM

I would recommend court ordered anger management classes.. lol. Ok seriously education is paramount. To really understand NS you need a historical perspective, and there you will find many occultic influences such as Guido Von List and Madame Blavatsky for example.

Extreme groups
Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: February 09, 2006 09:55AM

You have any articles online or books to suggest?

Extreme groups
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: February 10, 2006 05:55AM

As for Nazism and the occult only a few members were into the occult. (Heinrich Himmler, Rudolf Hess, Rudolf von Sebottendorf etc.)
It is reported that Hitler said to Gerhard Engel, one of his generals, in 1941 "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so," etc.
Many of Blavatsky's doctrine was twisted to suit the Nazi's own end.

I always found their interest to Tibet to be interesting. Bizarr but intersting never the less.
There are many contradictions.

Extreme groups
Posted by: AtomicCat ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:01AM

:roll: Who determines the "hate" in "hate group"?

Extreme groups
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 11, 2007 03:10PM

AtomicCat
:roll: Who determines the "hate" in "hate group"?

I suppose you have to define 'hate' in that context. I think every individual or group experiences and/or expresses levels of hate and/or hostility towards someone, something or some idea.

I don't think you can apply the term 'hate group' to an organised body just because it has strong views or opinions about someone or something or some 'crazy' idea. For instances, I don't think it's valid to label this website as being party to a 'hate group' even though strong views and opinions are expressed.

It's a tricky one, though. To be fair, most of us here 'hate' the stranglehold many cults have on others. Many of us have escaped and survived and hold onto bitterness and anger. But I don't think it's enough to call us a 'hate group'.

I think the point is that we (if I may speak on behalf of others) don't advocate hatred or hostility towards cults of any description. Sure, we have these strong feelings, but we chat and argue and try and resolve what we can. We don't have a credo that states we must all believe in the same thing. All we have is a conservative set of guidelines to prevent verbal abuse, etc.

Good question, though!

Re: Extreme groups
Posted by: amba_jay ()
Date: December 04, 2009 04:22PM

i turned crazy because of going to a cult church i ended up very mentally ILL after going to one.trust me if u go to one you would get told what to do and when to do something and who u have to be friends with and to hate ur blood family etc etc oh yes and who to marry!!!etc etc thats what the <POTTERS HOUSE CHURCH> did to me and trust me there a bad cult...man i lost my whole life because of them.......i even had to quit my job because of harassment from them!!!!!they would follow where i went and they told me what to do and everything they was starting to think they could control my WHOLE life and i dont take people telling me how to live&run my whole life and i dont take people saying i cant talk to my family either!!! so thats just A LITTLE bit of y i hate cult church and there is a whole lot more but i wont go in to detail because its way too long. thanx

Posted by: cultsurvivor22 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 11:17AM

I'd heard that Hitler and Nazism were deeply connected to occult ideas. The history channel had a show about this. Their symbolism was connected to occult ideas.

Posted by: knotty ()
Date: June 27, 2012 02:22AM

ya I watched that too...very interesting! They also said that Hitler and 3 others made a pact in the occult and Hitler broke the pact when he sent 2 of the men to be killed. According to the History Channel, after the pact was broken, he began to really lose the war and 2 months later, he committed suicide.

WWII interests me and horrifies me that average people are capable of such evil in a mob mentality

An interesting yet deeply disturbing study was done in the late 80's to try to figure out what happened with Nazi Germany and the people who played into it.

I dont know the name of it...it was in my applied psycholoy textbook (psychology and art major)

The study was set up like this:
There was a man in a room hooked up to electrodes and there was a control room. The man hooked up with electrodes was an actor; there was no power going through the electrodes but when the lever was pushed in the control room he acted like he was in extreme pain.
He was set up in a desk and had a test in front of him...if he got the answers wrong then the real test subjects, volunteers would be told by an athoritative person in the control room to punish him by shocking him. There were higher and higher degrees of "shock" escalating for each wrong answer. The actor would scream and pound his fist, would shake violently at the higher levels of "shock".
They told the test subjects that there was no punishment for shocking him, and the person in charge of the control room was very demanding that the man be punished severely for wrong answers.

The results of the study were very disturbing.

They selected people of all ages, both sexes, many different demographics, races.etc and in a study of 2,500 people and only 2 people refused to go to highest level of "shock", many others cried, bit their nails, clenched their fists, begged to stop, but continued to shock him anyway. Only 2 people refused and quit the study.

Many of us think that if we were in Nazi Germany, we would not played along, but this little study proved otherwise. Genocide is hardwired into our species.

Knotty

Posted by: Alex45 ()
Date: December 26, 2017 10:34PM

Any form of extremism is dangerous to the health of body and mind. Extremism goes beyond logic. It takes a belief to the deep end of fanaticism, which rules out reasoning. There must be a balance always of sentiment and philosophy for every belief. When it's too much philosophy without sentiment, it becomes a purely mental thing, which leads to speculation and a lot of erroneous conclusions due to the limitations of our small minds. On the other hand, if it's too much sentiment and hardly any philosophy, it becomes fanaticism. Both are extreme. Both are not healthy and do not guide one to light but rather keeps us in the dark of confusion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.