Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hatred seems to be a natural reaction
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: March 27, 2003 03:00AM

Can anyone help me to discriminate between healthy dosages of hatred and hatred that's out of control. I have a bone to pick with the orthodox Jewish establishment. I also believe all this outreach they're doing is going to get them and probably the rest of the Jews in loads of trouble.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jethro ()
Date: April 18, 2003 02:42PM

"Can anyone help me to discriminate between healthy dosages of hatred and hatred that's out of control. I have a bone to pick with the orthodox Jewish establishment. I also believe all this outreach they're doing is going to get them and probably the rest of the Jews in loads of trouble. "

Can you be more specific,?,
I feel I may be able to discuss this with you , given my background.

I grew up amongst the othodox esatblishment (in London UK 1950s 60s)) and I was briefly a Chabadnick in Israel. I was also a memeber of another(not Jewish) cult up until 1997 when I finally exited after 20+ years).

Regards Jethro

Date: April 22, 2003 01:24AM

Jethro
"Can anyone help me to discriminate between healthy dosages of hatred and hatred that's out of control. I have a bone to pick with the orthodox Jewish establishment. I also believe all this outreach they're doing is going to get them and probably the rest of the Jews in loads of trouble. "

Can you be more specific,?,
I feel I may be able to discuss this with you , given my background.

I grew up amongst the othodox esatblishment (in London UK 1950s 60s)) and I was briefly a Chabadnick in Israel. I was also a memeber of another(not Jewish) cult up until 1997 when I finally exited after 20+ years).

Regards Jethro

The "coming of the Messiah" theme is the main thrust of chabad and other Jewish movements that I'd define as cults. I don't believe that all Jews are conspiring to take over the world, but the Chabad's "moshiach campaign" worries me a lot.
The growth of antisemitism seems to be a reaction to the Jewish orthodox establishment's reemergence. I don't think it's by accident. They always say that ..."everything that exists on the side of kedusha exists on the other side".

Posted by: peppereens ()
Date: May 04, 2003 05:20AM

I encountered a lot of prejudice in the Orthodox community , It was the reason I left . As I wanted to be part of it and become more observant , this was the one sticking issue I was never able to resolve.-Esther

Posted by: peppereens ()
Date: May 04, 2003 05:23AM

This is probably the tenth time I have tried to get this forum to work , I can't seem to reply , Something is wrong with this forum.
So , I will keep trying or try to unregister and reregister.
I relate to a lot of what you are saying about leaving the Orthodox community-Esther

Posted by: ultimate ()
Date: April 14, 2005 10:30PM

hello all

Date: August 23, 2007 03:55AM

peppereens
I encountered a lot of prejudice in the Orthodox community , It was the reason I left . As I wanted to be part of it and become more observant , this was the one sticking issue I was never able to resolve.-Esther
There was an old time orthodox Jew at the 8th St. Shul who always used to ask me, "Why are you such an apikorsus?" I really wanted to give him a knuckle sandwhich over that. :lol:

Re: Hatred seems to be a natural reaction
Posted by: tyciol ()
Date: July 25, 2008 07:45AM

There isn't really any 'healthy' dose of hatred. Hatred isn't really something that is healthy. A healthy person who is stable will be able to manage hate and not get swept away by it, but it doesn't exactly benefit them or anything.

Hatred for people in particular seems mostly useless. It's better to hate things or ideas rather than people. Even then though, I'd rather just dislike something I oppose rather than hate it. Hate is a strong emotion and I think it interferes with objectivity.

Posted by: cultsurvivor22 ()
Date: June 05, 2010 02:00PM

I would agree that hatred is not a healthy response to a situation. Cults often play on peoples' emotions and either love bomb prospective members or attack others to solidify their support among cult members. To not fall into a cult's tricks is important, so one can learn to avoid cults and not be victimized by them.

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 05, 2010 11:49PM

Hatred is usually anger that has festered and expanded. The Bible says "be angry but do not sin" and I think that is a good indicator that anger is ok in appropriate situations, and if you examine what anger feels like and what hatred feels like, then you can see the close relationship.

I think if people feel hatred, you should examine it to find the roots that might be in appropriate anger that never got resolved. This happens between groups all the time. Who can blame Jews for hating people who look Germanic, for example? But Jews in America use this to attack blond kids all the time and that is wrong. They invent games like "hate blue-eyes" in the schools to "teach about racism" and this is directly responsible for the growth of white racism in those fringe groups that are becoming more popular as blond white kids become more desparate. But we do have to get back to the roots of such hate and then sometimes we can understand it and get past it. If people cannot be reasoned with about the history, so that they can forgive and let go of it and recognize that today's youth are not yesterday's enemy, then they have to be avoided because hate is like poison in the nervous system. It is not healthy no matter what you do if you harbor hatred or hang around a group that harbors hatred.

But you do have to defend yourself when you face group hatred. Jews have to understand that, just like the rest of us. They do not have a right to insult and berate non-Jews. We have a right to defend ourselves. Self-defense is not hatred.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.