Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Teen Challenge
Posted by: Tracey ()
Date: February 26, 2003 07:34PM

Can anyone tell me if there are any links between Teen Challenge and the Klu Klux Klan?:confused:

Options: ReplyQuote
Teen Challenge
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: March 20, 2003 04:29AM

I remember Wilkerson's brother from a movie or book called
"The Cross and the Switchblade". [www.teenchallenge.com] has the books posted on the website. I don't know anything further than this but there's a chapter in NJ.

Teen Challenge
Posted by: Militia11 ()
Date: March 20, 2003 10:01AM

I am looking for a Survivalist group that i could join in. I am in Centerville Ohio and i would like to know A.S.A.P I have alot to offer.

Teen Challenge
Posted by: Lakefield ()
Date: August 26, 2004 11:46AM

You sound like a possible cult-member! RUN!

:shock:

Teen Challenge
Posted by: Jennifer615 ()
Date: September 22, 2004 12:57PM

From what I know about teen challenge, I am sure there is no link at all! Teen challenge is for any person with a drug problem, not just whites. I know someone who is Mexican who is one of the leaders there. I can quite safely say no.

Teen Challenge
Posted by: New Life ()
Date: February 01, 2006 10:48AM

The answer is NO.

Teen Challenge
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 01, 2006 12:32PM

Teen Challenge is a religious program that essentially believes their beliefs, which are Pentecostal, will save someone from substance abuse.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Teen Challenge
Posted by: New Life ()
Date: February 01, 2006 01:02PM

The English language word proselytism is derived ultimately from the Greek language prefix 'pros' (towards) and the verb 'erchomai' (to come). It generally describes attempts to convert a person from one point of view to another.

Goverments, businesses, organizations, schools, prisons, churches, person(s)-to-person(s), etc... are all places where personal and corporate beliefs, including religious/ethical/moral ones, are communicated. Of course there should be a reasonable balance in how that is accomplished; however, I for one personally desire that the precious individual freedoms taking place in this mix (including the right of freedom of speech) are not trampled in the coming post Christian wave of anti-religious bias and hate mongering that historically has brought such persecution on the beloved.

And on a lesser note, I wonder why Teen Challenge does not have a statement of faith posted on their website.

Teen Challenge
Date: March 01, 2007 05:05AM

Having known a few people that went through the Teen Challenge program, I see that it is remarkable in its success. I will have to look it up, but I recall an extensive study that was done by a secular researcher that found Teen Challenge had recidivism rates that were incomparably low compared to any other program. I will get back to you when I have time to look up the study.

Teen Challenge
Posted by: shakti ()
Date: March 02, 2007 02:48AM

Blessed to be a blessing
Having known a few people that went through the Teen Challenge program, I see that it is remarkable in its success. I will have to look it up, but I recall an extensive study that was done by a secular researcher that found Teen Challenge had recidivism rates that were incomparably low compared to any other program. I will get back to you when I have time to look up the study.

Bogus numbers.

[www.washingtonmonthly.com]

In the last few years, a few studies have looked at both faith-based and secular social service providers, and they have particularly tried to replicate the incredible results boasted by the model Texas programs. The verdict? There is no evidence that faith-based organizations work better than their secular counterparts; and, in some cases, they are actually less effective. In one study funded by the Ford Foundation, investigators found that faith-based job training programs placed only 31 percent of their clients in full-time employment while the number for secular organizations was 53 percent. And Teen Challenge's much ballyhooed 86 percent rehabilitation rate falls apart under examination--the number doesn't include those who dropped out of Teen Challenge and relies on a disturbingly small sample of those graduates who self-reported whether they had remained sober, significantly tilting the results.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.