are people just born desperate and gullible?
Date: September 12, 2005 06:46PM

Ways Plus Means

You've suffered an enormous amount of trauma.

While other people preach their truth, ignore them and continue along your own path.

Use your initiative to aim for a happy destination. If it isn't healthy, then it isn't worth being a part . Measure success by how well you accomplish your own truth and achieve your own dreams.

Date: December 18, 2006 12:58PM

ULTAWARE
Dave 11,

It may appear that they have chosen but most likely, they were in a highly vulnerable state and were "fed" exactly what they wanted/needed to hear for bait, then got hooked, then fleeced: mentally, emotionally and financially.

It works only on the vulnerable, the ones who have their critical - thinking web turned off.

You sound as if you are close to someone who got into deep waters....if so, I can relate....

PAX

Well like P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: December 22, 2006 03:27AM

Freedom from Chains

And as Will Rogers said, "I'd rather be the one who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the one who sold it."

There's nothing wrong with having an open mind and a kind heart. It's the cult leaders who take advantage of others who are the ones at fault, not the followers who believe them.

Date: December 22, 2006 06:14AM

Gulab Jamon
Freedom from Chains

And as Will Rogers said, "I'd rather be the one who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the one who sold it."

There's nothing wrong with having an open mind and a kind heart. It's the cult leaders who take advantage of others who are the ones at fault, not the followers who believe them.

I would have to disagree with you there. People who cannot be responsiable for themselves, and have to rely on others to look out for them. Well, then it calls it to question as to weather or not we can let them go out alone.

Date: December 22, 2006 06:19AM

Freedom from Chains
Gulab Jamon
Freedom from Chains

I would have to disagree with you there. People who cannot be responsiable for themselves, and have to rely on others to look out for them. Well, then it calls it to question as to weather or not we can let them go out alone.

Well, I really have to disagree with YOU then. I really hate the "blame the victim" mentality that is so popular and trendy now.

Date: December 22, 2006 06:26AM

Gulab Jamon
Freedom from Chains
Gulab Jamon
Freedom from Chains

Well, I really have to disagree with YOU then. I really hate the "blame the victim" mentality that is so popular and trendy now.

And as I equally dislike the "it's eveyone else's fault, even though I am the actor here, except mine, which is much more prevelant.

Posted by: sametanner ()
Date: December 22, 2006 07:46AM

When I first read FreedomfromChains' comments, I was sorely tempted to respond - but I figured "Nah, not worth it!" Well, old son, now it's worth it.

Freedom from Chains, I really don't care how well educated you are or think you are - your opinions are ignorant and arrogant. Just wait until it happens to you, and in one way or another, it will. You can't avoid it, getting taken is part of the human experience. But with those "It won't happen to me, I'm too smart and savvy" blinders you've got on......I can almost guarantee you will fall hard.

Been there, done that, and keep the T-shirt as a reminder.

Date: December 22, 2006 02:36PM

Freedom from Chains
Gulab Jamon
Freedom from Chains
Gulab Jamon
Freedom from Chains

And as I equally dislike the "it's eveyone else's fault, even though I am the actor here, except mine, which is much more prevelant.

Do you really think victims of cults don't feel terrible enough? Do you think they don't blame themselves? Believe me, they put themselves through enough hell emotionally. They don't need YOU dumping criticism and blame on them too!

Date: December 22, 2006 02:38PM

sametanner
When I first read FreedomfromChains' comments, I was sorely tempted to respond - but I figured "Nah, not worth it!" Well, old son, now it's worth it.

Freedom from Chains, I really don't care how well educated you are or think you are - your opinions are ignorant and arrogant. Just wait until it happens to you, and in one way or another, it will. You can't avoid it, getting taken is part of the human experience. But with those "It won't happen to me, I'm too smart and savvy" blinders you've got on......I can almost guarantee you will fall hard.

Been there, done that, and keep the T-shirt as a reminder.

Freedom from Chains's attitude would make him/her a great cult leader!

Posted by: sametanner ()
Date: December 22, 2006 02:48PM

I have to admit he's got the right attitude, but I really think he's not that smart. He's getting off on goading responses and just regurgitating stuff he's heard elsewhere. Re-read his comments - nothing original there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.