Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: hypnosis marketing
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 19, 2011 10:02AM

Experience can be misleading. That is why stuff has to be tested scientifically to rule out the effects of wishful thinking and what has been termed confirmation bias--the tendency to notice and remember only those events that match one's beliefs and ignore whatever does not match.

"its a natural state we going into numerous times every day"

Just because something is 'natural' doesnt mean it is not powerful.

If hypnosis is powerful enough to be beneficial, it has the potential to be harmful if used unskillfully or for the wrong sorts of situations.

The kinds of trancework discussed on RR.com are very much more powerful than ordinary trance states and for that reason should only be done by licenced mental health professionals trained to assess whether hypnosis is the best treatment for a particular client. And that requires training in diagnostics and patience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mynotic ()
Date: January 19, 2011 10:12AM

corboy

The kinds of trancework discussed on RR.com are very much more powerful than ordinary trance states and for that reason should only be done by licenced mental health professionals trained to assess whether hypnosis is the best treatment for a particular client. And that requires training in diagnostics and patience.

what kinds of trance work is that?

people that work in mental health would likely have limited experience in this field so their own judgement would be biased to what they know.

1st i would seek out a hypnotherapist that has been doing the work for years rather than a mental health professional for advice on hypnosis.

Date: January 19, 2011 10:53AM

how is the trance work different to what is taught in hypnotherapy?

Date: January 20, 2011 12:09AM

What do you want from the message board?

Date: January 20, 2011 12:14AM

walter1969 also wrote this

"Gregory Bateson soon after endorsing B&G repudiated both of them and NLP when later asked about NLP stated: 'If someone says they know NLP, run don't walk away from them.' Bateson was ticked off at them because he saw the toxic direction NLP had took and that a lot of it's leading adherents went power mad.

Milton Erickson never had a good thing to say about either since he had to tell both of them to leave after only two days at his home.

Satir, well she was Bandler's psychotherapist. Bandler and the NLP community has done everything possible to cover up this part of his personal history, along with his cocaine addiction, the murder of one woman and the odd death of his second wife and now him battling diabetes. NLPers have a vested interest in promoting a squeaky clean if eccentric bandler as it's co-founder instead of the out of control coke addict and all around SOB that has lied about everything he's every done.

Here's one link:
[www.pinkmoan.com]

Oh and what Corboy has stated is very much true, if you use NLP techniques on people without their conscious approval - it will turn into a monster much like the many high profile trainers in the NLP community. Worse this is encouraged by the trainers, they routinely tell students to go out and practice on people without their consent during the breaks.

How does performing techniques on people without their consent turn one into a monster? Because you cease to respect that person's boundries and rights not to be screwed with, you in effect reduce them to a object like box. Kinda like the same way psychopaths view people.

[forum.culteducation.com]
"

Date: January 24, 2011 11:39AM

the reason i came here was out of general interests.

yes bandler is a lying sack of crap but do we really just shoot the messenger? he did figure out how these therapist operated and how they were so effective.

and lastly would like to thank for the posts going through especially when there is a screening process for the posts.

Posted by: spiritedangel ()
Date: April 16, 2012 06:28AM

I was "caught up' with a man who ended up to be some kind of crazy God Nazi. He had advertised on the internet that he had a PhD in counseling and was a licensed and insured hypnotherapist. I live in SC where licensing is a complete joke. After almost a year of him using hypnotic, NLP and fear tactics to keep me coming back, I looked into all his so called "credentials." The man had NONE. It was all a lie which I finally figured out after he told me he operated under this logic, "Once I admitted I was a liar, I was no longer a liar." I don't think he even had a GED and I strongly suspect his wife is cognitively disabled to have not figured out what a crazy con artist he really is. If murder were not a crime, I would love to torture and put this guy's lights out for good. He's still out there operating in Charleston, SC and I still fear his retribution for finding out the truth about him. He calls himself "one of God's teachers."

Posted by: stars ()
Date: June 13, 2012 10:55PM

This happened to me, you can hypnotise someone if you sit next to them, imitate their gestures, and synchronize your breathing with theirs....someone hypnotised me like that.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.