extreme guilt
Posted by: deren84 ()
Date: July 11, 2009 03:27PM

HI, i been browsing a couple of the pages in this forum

i accientally fallen into a therapy/self help cult, i didnt know it was a cult of course

thing is,

i feel extreme guilt

my eyes are a little swollen, and have tension headaches

and my head really aches, i feel guilty about the stupidest things

(i didnt know this amount of guilt was possible to feel)

i wish i could go outside but the guilt of being around others seems to hit me real strong

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: extreme guilt
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 12, 2009 05:51AM

deren84, sorry to hear about your plight with this group. Did you seek out this 'self-help group' because of your feelings of guilt or were your feelings of guilt created and/or amplified by attending this group?

Can you tell us what your therapy group is called and who it is run by if you know?

Thanks and goodluck with your struggle.

Posted by: deren84 ()
Date: July 12, 2009 08:15AM

Sparky
deren84, sorry to hear about your plight with this group. Did you seek out this 'self-help group' because of your feelings of guilt or were your feelings of guilt created and/or amplified by attending this group?

Can you tell us what your therapy group is called and who it is run by if you know?

Thanks and goodluck with your struggle.

well i got working on it because i thought it was gonna improve my life, just add some kind of boost

anyways, this pretty much got in the way of my goals....

the whole thing was real stupid, its makes to make you feel ashamed and guilty of your shame and guilt

then also uses guilt and shame to stop feeling guilt and shame for other things.. "get rid of the shame"

"under achievers just cant get rid of their shame"

anyways, anybody know a book so i can stop feeling this stuff? i know these ideas are stupid, i also feel like i hurt those around me by not doing certain things

like i need to reframe things or something

ill post the name of the group in a moment

Date: July 12, 2009 09:08AM

There is a current 'guru' that O'Reilly supposedly pitched (according to the website) that lays guilt trips on people. I found it's website here:

[www.nomoremrniceguy.com]

Does anyone know if this is the hypnotic cult that teaches shy men how to lie and misrepresent themselves to women at bars etc. for a hook-up? It sounds really smarmy and new-age bullshit.

Anyone with info on this would be great.

Date: July 12, 2009 09:31AM

Dr. Robert Glover of the idiotic "No more mr nice guy" cult guru:

“Dr. Glover is an emerging figure in the Men's Movement as crystallized by Iron John a decade ago . . . minus the hokey rituals.” The Seattle Times

(Iron John is aparently one of these 'warrior' teachers who sit around and bang drums and curse your mother and bemoan being mistreated by mean-ol'-women and society in general).

'Dr' Glover lists himself as a family and marriage consultant ("liscensed"!) in Washington state. Nowhere did I see if his "doctorate" was earned (Phd) or bought (bullshit). This guy looks like a maniac taking advantage of shy men WHO HAVE NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM. He preys upon their "weakness"(of which THEY HAVE NONE) to rob them of $125 bucks and up per "session". This guy is a guilt-salesmen. "You are not good enough to be a success in business, be successful with women (DATE 12 DIFFERENT WOMEN IN 12 WEEKS is one of this idiot's seminars) or, well, apparently most of his guilt is about being no longer inadequate with women, whatever the hell that means.

Now, Rick Ross always says that therapists should be licensed and formally trained. In some areas I understand you can get "licensed" merely by sending the state a cheque. Maybe Washington state is one such lax state.

Obviously, a 'therapist' so licensed with no formal training would not pass the Rick Ross smell test. I don't know about 'Dr.' Robert Glover's credentials (assuming he has any) but my nostrils are burning with a nasty stench comming off this clown.

Thanks for letting me rant!

DR. Sparky.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 09:39AM by Sparky.

Posted by: CTEL ()
Date: October 04, 2009 10:45AM

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: October 22, 2009 10:53PM

''Healing the Shame that Binds You'' by Bradshaw.
Easy reading. Very good book. Bradshaw helps define the difference between good shame (which enables a human to recognize and correct unproductive behavior), and toxic shame(which causes self-loathing).
Are you still reading these posts?
When did your guilt feelings begin? Was it before or after you stumbled upon this cult group?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.