Cult survival guide
Posted by: Warfrog ()
Date: January 16, 2009 11:13AM

Suppose that due to some strange twist of fate you end up in a cult environment and due to the circumstances you are forced to stay there. What are some tips to prevent yourself from being brainwashed and psychologically damaged when you are forced to stay in a cult environment for a prolonged period of time?

I am asking this because more and more we are seeing covert cults commandeer places one must visit on a daily basis such as schools,colleges and the workplace.

Re: Cult survival guide
Posted by: humans4freedom ()
Date: August 11, 2009 01:06AM

I don't know if it's true, but I heard that arhythmic tapping of the fingers can defeat interrogation, as it disrupts the power of the interrogator. Not what you asked, I know, but possibly related phenomenon.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 11, 2009 09:10AM

This thread is reading like a conspiracy theory.

Speaking from almost 30 years of experience with cults, they don't covertly infiltrate public places in the way that seems to be suggested here.

What "cults" are you referring to?

Tapping your fingers?

I don't think that is meaningful.

Just get up and leave and if someone is bothering you report it to local authorities.

Posted by: dp198 ()
Date: August 11, 2009 09:44PM

I am asking this because more and more we are seeing covert cults commandeer places one must visit on a daily basis such as schools,colleges and the workplace.

If you know that they are a cult, walk away. Say no to what ever they are offering and walk pass them.

Date: August 11, 2009 10:05PM

Please be very specific, what "covert cults"?

Give examples of specific situations and offer examples with the names of those cults involved.

Your post doesn't make much sense at this point.

Date: August 11, 2009 10:06PM

Hi moderator,

I missed the word covert in a post I just read and sent a reply to, please don't post it.

Date: August 11, 2009 10:08PM

Please answer the questionswithin my last post and offer specific examples of what you are referring to in this thread.

Date: August 11, 2009 10:11PM

Sorry Mr. Ross, I missed the word covert.

Date: August 11, 2009 10:53PM

dp198:

Why are you posting here?

What groups are you specifically discussing?

Please name the groups.

Date: August 11, 2009 11:17PM

Hi Mr. Ross, I was replying to Warfrog, but when I read Warfrog's comment, I missed the word covert so his comment read differently without the word covert in it. I thought he was talking about cults in general.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.