Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: cult leaders-evil or misguided? BRENDA MORGAN "PROCESS" WARNING
Posted by: shinethelight ()
Date: July 25, 2011 02:26AM

I appreciate what you have shared and how you have shared it.

Some years ago I became aware of a spiritual "Process" that was supposedly brought into the world by an enlightened being - an "innocent catalyst" named Michael Silverman. It was all about ego-transcendance, Surrender and Service. Michael had written many essays that we studied, along with meditation. The interesting thing about this Process - which I was attracted to and studied - is that Michael was not particularly interested in teaching what he wrote about, but gave permission to his #1 student, Brenda Morgan (movedbythelight.com) -to share/teach the information. Ms. Morgan was a licensed psychologist. That should have been a warning to most, but in the beginning, it all seemed quite innocent and helpful. Most of the people who were drawn to this "meditation group / Spiritual Teacher" were well educated, main stream people.

Needless to say, that over time the group became more and more structured. We were asked not only to support Michael (who lived in an hotel), but also Ms. Morgan. She continually claimed/claims that she was/is not a guru....ha! The group not only paid Michael hotel bill, for his books and cd's, gas, food, etc., but also for Intensive weekends and Retreats, but was soon paying her mortgage, landscaping - whatever she asked for - until they were finally asked to finance a large piece of land - GRASS LAKE SANCTUARY - in Michigan AND physically care for this land. Why? Because Ms. Morgan said it was so we could build a meditation/retreat center there. No one seemed to question this.

Once they had the piece of land, there was the endless time consuming search for grant money to pay for the land, supposedly to make it easier for everyone....until the Susan Korman Foundation for breast cancer research decided to let them do weekend retreat for breast cancer survivors. The group was told it was a way to serve, to give back to the community. (What happened to the idea of them having their own retreat center?) No one questioned this either. At least not openly.

I would like to mention that once the search for land began, Ms Morgan changed how she promoted herself. She went from being a "spiritual catalyst" to being a "meditation teacher and retreat facilitator". Her CD's were no longer available for sale.

The group, which was once a collection of people who just wanted to evolve, to being slaves to someone's vision which is no longer very clear. And yet they continue to "serve", to give all of their time, energy and money, to something/someone is leading them astray.

Looking back, I can see how most of Michael writings were clearly based on Adi Da's work...there isnt much difference. And like Adi Da, he died recently from battling dark forces, which he had been "consuming" for many many years.

I was fortunate, as I saw what was happening several years after becoming involved and walked away. Like most cults, the people who leave the group are publicly thrown under the bus so that people still in group will be too afraid to talk to them again. After studying cults, I now understand that this is one of the tactics.

One day, perhaps, people will come to understand that those who step forward as Leader's and Teacher's are no better or no wiser than they are. Those who may start something quite innocently, soon discover their power over others and become compromised.

If you are involved with this group or no someone who is, ask them to pause for a few weeks and look at the situation as it is right now.... If they can say with great clarity that The Process is NOT a cult, that Brenda Morgan is NOT taking from them energetically and financially, then more power to them!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cult leaders-evil or misguided
Posted by: Blaster ()
Date: February 24, 2013 05:13PM

My marriage was broken up by a cult. They persuaded my ex her spiritual path and working for them was more important than our two year old daughters well being and that she wouldn't be affected. Just what type of people will actively break up a two year olds mummy and daddy beggars belief.

Pure evil and I hope they rot in hell.

Re: cult leaders-evil or misguided
Posted by: Blaster ()
Date: March 20, 2013 08:36PM

I had a cult leader poison my marriage. We were happily married and discussing having a second child. The leader of the group my ex-wife had been seeing without me understanding what it actually was was persuading my ex to leave me.

Basically she broke up a little two year old girls mummy and daddy just so my ex could continue paying her for "therapy" and her ridiculous "courses".

Pure evil, psychopathic behaviour.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.