Current Page: 2 of 3
Landmark Infiltrates Minds & Workplaces
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: August 10, 2007 09:24AM

It seems to be the hotbed of LE activity. This may have to do with a vague mental health licensing body, international reciprocity issues, and a country of only 20 million people.

I have to share though: LE is on FIRE there. My ex worked in a salon that was designed as she said "to be an optimal workplace by someone applying Landmark technology."

I feel compelled to write this as my ex-fiancee stated that Landmark's positition on material posted on these message boards...were all generated by Rick Ross and that the handwriting analysis expert Landmark hired indicated as such.

We filed a K-1 finacee visa last month after talking about marriage for the better part of a year. She told me Landmark allowed her to be free to express to me that she "loved me and wanted a life with me."

One week ago, before she began working on staff at the Landmark Centre in Sydney, she called me up on her way to work and terminated the relationship. A day later, she used Landmark jargon, doublespeak, and when that failed, justification she'd gleaned from me on abusive relationships.

From what I can gather, she'd done yet another course and learned what the difference between a 'decision' and a 'choice' was, and therefore cound not marry me or act on the visa. A day earlier, she was ecstatic that I'd booked tickets to visit her family in Australia over the Christmas holiday as she introduced me to her Landmark colleagues as her "beloved fiancee."

In June, I boke off the engagement and attempted an intervention with her friends and family because she effectively wanted me to break the law regarding residency required by US immigration laws so that she could live near a US Landmark center, and I didn't live in the same state as one.

I was asked to do the Forum repeatedly, even after she promised she wouldn't ask me again after I said I didn't want to do it.

Even after other members at a workday told her not to.

Even after her courses and staff members and coaches told her "no means no and accept no and leave it alone."

Eventually, despite her important training, she made it a requirement of marriage. I agreed to doing the Forum because I loved her.

When I met some LEC members in Austin, their behavior and lack of boundaries disturbed me so much, a major center stated to me that they had sent me a letter of apology twice (because I never received the first one, and actually I never received the second one. I now doubt the honesty and integrity of the center leader who promised that the letter was sent). I was also given a scholarship to do the Forum for FREE. I'm sure once this is read by Landmark, when I call that certain center back, they'll have no knowledge of this event. So I'm writing about it here.

The day before she ended our relationship, she owned that she had been very manipulative throughout the entire relationship. My understanding is that Landmark gave her the tools to be completely unreasonable and selfish.

Multiple Landmark members (including the staff member who gave me a scholarship) told me they caused whatever relationship they were in when they began Landmark courses, that their dogged insistance that their partners do the Forum caused the relationship to end and they realised that was a mistake...not only from experience, but because they were instructed to accept "no" the first time.

These are your Landmark staff members, people. Somewhere in Sydney, my fiancee has taken over for a staff member temporarily (11 months) and is being rewarded for her completely irresponsible behavior and lack of honesty and integrity.

It is because she's been good at recruiting new members and having enrollment conversations...and an unquestioned devotion and loyalty to the organization. Near the end, she went from saying Erhard had no role in Landmark to "Werner was a victim of a character assasination. I met members in Australia that say he is a wonderful man."

This is the truth, and I feel it must be told. My name is not Rick Ross.

I am an unfortunate victim of Landmark Education, LLC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 14, 2007 01:01PM

Celina, I would like to know where you are, the US or Canada? I know that Lululemon forced its staff to attend Landmark. There is also addresses to write to in British Columbia where I am encouraging people to voice their complaints. Landmark cohersive tactics and brainwashing have no place in a supposedely "free" society. They have to be held accountable. So if you are in British Columbia, please write to Wally Oppal, the Attorney General of BC, (Parliament Buildings, Victoria) as well as the Complaint Department of the School of Psychology in Vancouver.

Thanks,

Date: August 14, 2007 01:08PM

Vic-Luc
I'm sorry you had to loose your fiancee to Landmark. And that you were used so Badly...but I am glad you did not accept the FREE course, because by now you would be just another Brain washed Landmark Junkie - and there are already too many out there. It kind of reminds me of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers, only insert Mind-Snatchers.

*sigh* it IS very disturbing, and I am going to do everything I am able to get them investigated here in BC, and hopefully kicked out.

Date: August 14, 2007 01:12PM

I am so glad that we have this forum. I only hope that people who have got sucked into the Landmark/EST vortex of brainwashing and unethical, damaging, unlicensed group-therapy will come to their senses.

Let's call it as it is - a racket, a swindle, a bunch of self-interested individuals preying on people when they are at their most vulnerable.

Date: August 14, 2007 03:24PM

The Shadow
Vic-Luc
I'm sorry you had to loose your fiancee to Landmark. And that you were used so Badly...but I am glad you did not accept the FREE course, because by now you would be just another Brain washed Landmark Junkie - and there are already too many out there. It kind of reminds me of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers, only insert Mind-Snatchers.

*sigh* it IS very disturbing, and I am going to do everything I am able to get them investigated here in BC, and hopefully kicked out.

I work in mental health. I'm a counselor. There's no way in HELL I'd join these feebs. That's why I didn't get why my ex joined them.

I chalk it up to being to lazy for uni and grad school. Unlicensed therapy is 11 months training in Landmark time, the legal route is 6 years.

My 6 was worth it.

Date: August 14, 2007 05:54PM

Hi Vic-Luc

I wish I had seen this RR forum in May-June/ that was when my friend did her first course - and I think she did the Advanced Course a month later - maybe I would have been able to talk her out of it - but probably not - she is going to have to borrow money to do the SELP course, unless of course she is "volunteering" her time (cleaning toilets at the Landmark/EST office downtown).

Perhaps some people are just programmed to take what they think is the "easy" way ....

well, I have until October to try to talk her out of it - do you think I will be able to do that?

Date: August 15, 2007 01:06AM

The Shadow
Hi Vic-Luc

I wish I had seen this RR forum in May-June/ that was when my friend did her first course - and I think she did the Advanced Course a month later - maybe I would have been able to talk her out of it - but probably not - she is going to have to borrow money to do the SELP course, unless of course she is "volunteering" her time (cleaning toilets at the Landmark/EST office downtown).

Perhaps some people are just programmed to take what they think is the "easy" way ....

well, I have until October to try to talk her out of it - do you think I will be able to do that?

No. Once they get it in their head that LE is going to completely change their life and they're surrounded by cheerleaders to stay in the program vs. the few people they will tell her "have rackets," well... just gotta let 'em go.

People prone to joining cult-like things have a predisposition for that type of stuff. It's low self-esteem bolstered by an outward display of huge self-esteem. And a lack of formal counseling or an aversion to it. Lack of direction and education were common things I saw.

People who want to do it will read this stuff with the LE imprint "Rick Ross writes lies." It won't mean a thing to read anything because they have a confirmation bias.

Date: August 15, 2007 03:07AM

*sigh* :( I'm afraid you are right...I think I already knew that...she is already manifesting signs of an imminent crash...I guess I am just going to have to wait it out and see.

Thanks.

But if anyone has any suggestions on how I can help her please let me know. Right now I am just sticking as close to her as I can, giving her "unconditional (well, somewhat unconditional) love and support" -- but I WON'T give her money!

Date: August 15, 2007 06:25AM

The Shadow
*sigh* :( I'm afraid you are right...I think I already knew that...she is already manifesting signs of an imminent crash...I guess I am just going to have to wait it out and see.

Thanks.

But if anyone has any suggestions on how I can help her please let me know. Right now I am just sticking as close to her as I can, giving her "unconditional (well, somewhat unconditional) love and support" -- but I WON'T give her money!

Your "unconditional love and support" is going to do what it did to my ex: feed the addiction of LE approval cycle. No matter what you do, in the end, you will be "holding her back from realising her true potential," UNLESS YOU DO THE FORUM.

Date: August 15, 2007 01:35PM

Hi Vic-Luc,

hmmmm, feedback noted...I see what you mean...but I am not prepared to just cut her loose. OK, so I will have to rethink this...

I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT NOT NOT :roll: going to sign up with the Landmark/EST Junkies....first of all because I do not have the money, and second of all because I do not have the stamina (I have a physical handicap and I get very tired very quickly) and third of all I think they are all nut-jobs! - sorry, but I really do...I could not tolerate 15 minutes of the recruiting session, how do you think I could tolerate 14 hours in a room with those loonies? (if this is flaming, please correct me, and I will stop, but honestly the though of sitting in a room with a man standing on a stage shouting at me is not MY idea of "education" - forget about it!

so, Vic-Luc, what do I do? - to quote "you know who" - I'm listening, :wink:

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.