Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Robert T Kiyosaki
Date: September 09, 2006 09:42PM

My sister reads all of the books by Robert T Kiyosaki and swears by them.

Today, I picked one up and said, "You know he is a Scientologist, right?" Or was. Right? "Just thought you should keep that in mind as you read it."

My sister went ballistic. It wasn't okay for me to disregard a person's work because they are or were a Scientologist. It was paranoid and narrow-minded of me to worry about such things. Had I even read the book?

I said that on the basis of the back of the book I would not read it. He talks about how the modern education system plants seeds of financial failure that subconsciously fester and only his book can reverse the damage.

Well, she said I was crazy. It wasn't normal, my thinking.

The way I figure, if Robert T Kiyosaki can talk on the back of his book about the education system planting seeds, then I can equally worry about the seeds possibly being planted by a Scientologist's text.

Am I right in thinking Robert T Kiyosaki is or was a Scientologist? Is it crazy to be concerned about the writings of an albeit ex-Scientologist? On matters not-strictly-Scientology?

Options: ReplyQuote
Robert T Kiyosaki
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 23, 2006 12:07AM

Some interesting stuff at this link that questions Kiyosaki's integrity, methods and beliefs: [www.homeschoolblogger.com]

Robert T Kiyosaki
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:30AM

Robert T Kiyosaki
Posted by: bb01234 ()
Date: January 05, 2007 04:59AM

What I've found here (in the UK) is that when Robert T Kiyosaki is refered to negatively many people say something like ' oh well, EVEN IF he's not all he's cracked up to be I've still applied his ideas so he must be good'.

I think most people on this forum would recognise blind obedience there.

Rgds

Brian

Re: Robert T Kiyosaki
Posted by: itslocke ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:15AM

I wouldn't disregard someone's information or knowledge solely based upon their spiritual beliefs. Sounds pretty prejudice to me. Also, you're pretty foolish if you don't agree that the US public school system is pretty far behind and doesn't teach our children much of anything useful through practical application.

Re: Robert T Kiyosaki, John T. Reed's analysis
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 29, 2009 01:52PM

read this website below, which details the endless lies and frauds by Kiyosaki.
Also, this forum has other threads about Kiyosaki, search for his name.

Kiyosaki is literally a blatant, proven, scam-artist.
His ideas are horrible, and this website below shows how many of them are even illegal.

John T. Reed's analysis of Robert T. Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad, Poor Dad
[www.johntreed.com]

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: July 12, 2009 01:23AM

Yet Time Magazine had an article and Q&A last week regarding making money and being an entrepreneur in a tough economy.

Posted by: SideOfBacon ()
Date: August 24, 2009 08:23PM

Kiyosaki shared a couple ideas that helped me see money in a new way. I was busy trying to vaguely become "rich" when I learned what it really takes to become financially free... big difference, actually. Anyways, I don't know much about the guy's religious views. But, I do know that his business knowledge is good and his marketing is excellent.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: August 25, 2009 01:04AM

SideOfBacon
Kiyosaki shared a couple ideas that helped me see money in a new way. I was busy trying to vaguely become "rich" when I learned what it really takes to become financially free... big difference, actually. Anyways, I don't know much about the guy's religious views. But, I do know that his business knowledge is good and his marketing is excellent.

[www.johntreed.com]

Again, read the above article and see what you think.

1. There is no "rich dad"
2. There is no "poor dad"
3. He made up the whole story.
4. His marketing is excellent, his business knowledge is pathetic.
5. People who followed his advice wound up getting PUNISHED in the recent crash.

Aside from that, he's totally on the level!

Re: Robert T Kiyosaki www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: August 26, 2009 08:54AM

QUOTE EXCERPT

Summary
Rich Dad, Poor Dad is one of the dumbest financial advice books I have ever read. It contains many factual errors and numerous extremely unlikely accounts of events that supposedly occurred.

Kiyosaki is a salesman and a motivational speaker. He has no financial expertise and won’t disclose his supposed real estate or other investment success.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad contains much wrong advice, much bad advice, some dangerous advice, and virtually no good advice.

Dangerous advice:
"If you're gonna go broke, go broke big"
Convinces people that college is for suckers

Law-breaking advice:
Advocates committing a felony: have rich friends for trading stock based on non-public inside information, he says "That's what friends are for."
Recommends tax fraud by deducting vacations and health club dues
Brags about using a partner weasel clause in which his cat is his partner

Bad liar:
Can't keep track of his story
Shouts from the rooftops how rich he is, but refuses to disclose real estate portfolio because he "doesn't want people to know he has money"
Apparently lied about going bankrupt in 1985
Claimed his net worth is $50-$100 million depending on the day; his Rich Dad Poor Dad coauthor said in court that he only made $9 million

His "best teacher ever" changed repeatedly
'92 - Ralph Kiyosaki (Poor Dad)
'97 - Rich Dad
'06 - Buckminster Fuller

I'm not the only critic:
Wall Street Journal: "Rich Men, Poor Advice"
Smart Money Magazine: "Karma Chameleon"

Fiction posing as non-fiction:
Oprah needs to confront Kiyosaki about calling a fiction book non-fiction just like she did with James Frey
He asks why Rich Dad has to be any more truthful than Harry Potter
Admits fictionalizing on copyright page of Rich Kid, Poor Kid
Admits to 20/20 that he doesn't teach people how to get rich
"Marine corps made him what he is today" - he was laterally transferred to the Marine Corp from the Merchant Marine and Navy, he never went through the entry-level Marine training
Lied about desertion while serving in Vietnam (admitted later he just missed the boat)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.