Subliminal graphics on Christian Music Cd's
Posted by: gabriella422001 ()
Date: April 06, 2006 10:54PM

I asked this question a couple of years ago, and then lost track of this board. Has anyone here ever seen any subliminal graphics on Christian cd's, ie the word sex written subliminally (often disguised in the hair) written on the top of the Christian artist, or some sex related theme, or other theme that people will pick up on subliminally, but not at a conscious level. I know this is done routinely on most products, at least i BELIEVE it is, but I wonder if anyone has any examples on Christian products. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 06, 2006 10:58PM

Nope.

Never seen anything like that at all or heard about it.

Nothing reported that I aware of.

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: August 25, 2007 01:35AM

"rrmoderator"
Nope.

Never seen anything like that at all or heard about it.

Nothing reported that I aware of.
You might want to check out the book, Subliminal Seduction by Bryan Wilson Key. (Or is it Wilson Bryan Key). I had that book when I was going for my Master of Science in Management degree. I came across something about subliminals when I was putting together my Carlebach CDs. Try doing a search on the web.

Re: Subliminal graphics on Christian Music Cd's
Posted by: Regularjoe ()
Date: February 14, 2008 08:41AM

Willaim Poundstone in his book "Big Secrets" pretty much coverd this. Thought I would not say that is has NEVER been done, I have never seen any objective, independently discovered examples of it. Nor has Poundstone.

I would say it is certaintly not standard. The sad truth is that humans aren't that complicated. If you put a tought looking guy next to a pick up truck, every man will get the message.

Joe

Re: Subliminal graphics on Christian Music Cd's
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: April 07, 2008 09:35AM

If subliminal messages work (they don't and have never been proven scientifically to work) then Madison Avenue would rule the world (they don't and never will). Lets face it folks, we ain't SMART enough to see subliminal messages...our brains (at our current level of evolution) are barely able to grasp OBVIOUS PRODUCT PLACEMENTS IN HOLLYWOOD FILMS! Next time you watch a movie/TV show, watch for the branded products. Keep a list with your friends, you'll be shocked at how much you miss. Subliminal???? We have enough F***in' trouble keeping up with the "LIMINAL"!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.