Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Can Sport Go Too Far?
Posted by: scottpaschal ()
Date: March 16, 2006 10:43AM

Right or wrong isn't part of my thought here. I answered your statement you used from Bob Kraft. I did the best job I could. His statement was misleading, possibly causing harm to others. Why did he choose to mislead? I do not know. I can only speculate based on past experience with him.

Am I right? I only tried to explain his statement from my experience with the issue. His statement was invalid and based on conjecture. Even the date he used was misleading. Some of his information came from the pro player's former coach, who was not happy to lose his former player. Reverend Kraft and the pro player's former coach are friends for many years, and business partners with joint venture tennis camps based on Christianity.

An interesting note, the pro player's former coach was a strong man of faith. The pro player has publicly stated her former coach claimed to receive a revelation from God just before she played a pro match last summer in Wimbledon against Mary Pierce.

She states he claims God told him to tell her to lose her match against Mary Pierce so that, in her victory, Pierce could tell more people about God. As the former coach sat with Pierce's family during the televised match, the pro player, who felt she could have easily won, lost 9-7 in the 3rd set.

Shortly after, she quit tennis and sank into a massive depression. About 5 months later, she became suicidal. Shortly after, I came into the picture. As stated before, she is back on tour and moving forward with her life.

Did the former coach receive a revelation from God? As he and Reverend Kraft spiritually advised the pro player in Wimbledon, what did God tell them?

As she sank into depression, both of these men soon left the pro player.

Have I made mistakes as a coach. Sure. Teaching anything to people is full of learning for both teacher and student.

Have I ever received a revelation from God which caused me to tell one of the top players in the world that God wants her to lose a match?

Nope.

Have I kept a player from committing suicide, who was told by her coach, who was traveling with the Reverend Bob Kraft as their spiritual advisor, that God revealed to him she must lose her 2005 Wimbledon match against Mary Pierce so that God could get the glory?

Yep.

scott paschal

Options: ReplyQuote
Can Sport Go Too Far?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 16, 2006 07:34PM

Scott:

You seem to have a very good memory when it comes to precise details used to attack others, but became vague and general when addressing your own behavior.

"Have I made mistakes as a coach. Sure. Teaching anything to people is full of learning for both teacher and student."

Here are some more specific details posted on another thread by Rev. Kraft. He offers a critque of both your "ministry" and "individual" method.

[b:d11ba50b83]Ministry Method[/b:d11ba50b83]

1. Develop a website, claiming things that are gross elaborations or lies. (see A. below).
2. Take photos of world class players with ICTA staff (which consists of a few people) at tournaments and then post them to their site as a way of gaining creditability.
3. Approach churches, ministries or individual supporters asking for financial assistance, using the website as a means of acceptance.
4. Purchase booth space at pro tennis tournaments, gathering emails, donations and selling items for profit as a means to support their work. T-shirts are being offered either in person or via their website at $23 USD per shirt.
5. Offer Christian Academy services for youth or aspiring professional players, with prices at $60,000 a year.
6. Attack various existing ministries who ask questions of their claims via emails send to their contacts or via Internet message boards. Their end result is to shut down message boards that question their claims.
7. A history of physically threatening via emails those who question their claims

[b:d11ba50b83]Individual Method[/b:d11ba50b83]

1. Provide a free one way airfare and housing for any well know players to attend the Academy.
2. House them in housing surrounded by both Mr. Paschal and his two female assistants, in the same housing.
3. Separate them from their family, especially their Father and Mother.
4. Separate them from other Christians that they have known previously.
5. Use of thier photo immediately upon thier website.
6. Use the title for Mr. Paschal with the player of 'Adopted father' or 'tennis dad' or 'tennis daddy'.
7. Have the player assist with various activities to the promote or support the group, such as moving T-shirts around for selling.
8. Use a mixture of love, fear and a feeling of obligation to Mr. Paschal to control.
-----------------------------------
1. February - Marek Czerwinski, key listed junior on the website, as left the group. Julia Valkulenko, key listed WTA player, as left the group and is trying to stop the group from having booths at pro tour tournaments.

2. March - Scott Paschal posts on the Internet excerpts on a book that he is writing which is an attack and critical of Julia Valkulenko and existing ministry on pro tennis tour. Czerwinski and Valkulenko photos are still being used to promote group.

3. March 15 - Link to Story on Julia Valkulenko removed on ICTA home page but still on site. (in the interest in protecting Ms. Valkulenko, I will not give out the link but have retained a copy for records. It was a very unflattering and damaging story written by Mr. Paschal on her and two others involved in ministry)

4. ICTA is listed for tax-exempt purposes in the State of Florida: INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN TENNIS ASSOCIATION INC
(c/o GARY SCOTT PASCHAL) 39-B WELLHAVEN LN
PALM COAST, FL 32164-4110 Charitable Organization
( Tennis, Racquet Sports Clubs, Leagues)
( Please note that it is not filed under religious organization and it is not known if a church or religious organization has oversight of any gifts or funds. For this reason we suggest that no gifts be made to this organization)
[www.taxexemptworld.com]

5. Through Internet Archives a message board (tennis.info) that was the only source of information for several years of this group and then removed can be accessed. It is quite eye opening as to the posts. [web.archive.org]

Can Sport Go Too Far?
Posted by: PastorBobKraft ()
Date: April 07, 2006 09:47AM

Last posted update at end of this message: dated April 7, 2006 (for the latest information, review the end of this posting)
--------------------------------------------------------------
When a person goes to the www.christiantennis.net website it looks very good. In fact, too good. They list no other sports ministries or churches that they are involved with on the website despite having a name of Christian. The principal people involved, numbering three people, have no employment or ministry history listed. My primary concern is that they solicit and receive donations from individuals, churches and organizations and they attract young children for live in training. I am concerned when I understand the lies, misrepresentations and manipulations that went on behind what is claimed. The full story is below. - Reverend Bob Kraft

Ministry Method:
1. Develop a web site, claiming things that are gross elaboration's or lies. (see A. below).
2. Take photos of world class players with ICTA staff (which consists of a few people) at tournaments and then post them to their site as a way of gaining creditability.
3. Approach churches, ministries or individual supporters asking for financial assistance, using the website as a means of acceptance.
4. Purchase booth space at pro tennis tournaments, gathering emails, donations and selling items for profit as a means to support their work. T-shirts are being offered either in person or via their website at $23 USD per shirt.
5. Offer Christian Academy services for youth or aspiring professional players, with prices at $60,000 a year.
6. Attack various existing ministries who ask questions of their claims via emails send to their contacts or via Internet message boards. Their end result is to shut down message boards that question their claims.
7. A history of physically threatening via emails those who question their claims

Individual Method:
1. Provide a free one way airfare and housing for any well know players to attend the Academy.
2. House them in housing surrounded by both Mr. Paschal and his two female assistants, in the same housing.
3. Separate them from their family, especially their Father and Mother.
4. Separate them from other Christians that they have known previously.
5. Use of their photo immediately upon their website.
6. Use the title for Mr. Paschal with the player of 'Adopted father' or 'tennis dad' or 'tennis daddy'.
7. Have the player assist with various activities to the promote or support the group, such as moving T-shirts around for selling.
8. Use a mixture of love, fear and a feeling of obligation to Mr. Paschal to control.

Financial Support Method: To be posted.

Reality:
(See B. below)
--------------------------------------------
These are the latest posting on the Internet on "International Christian Tennis Association'

Dated: Feb. 1, 2005: Cult Education Forum, The International Christian Tennis Association, Tennis Ministry? [board.culteducation.com]

Dated Nov. 30, 2005: Using God for either personal or professional gain is nothing new. In fact, there is a tennis organization called the International Christian Tennis Association that lies about themselves and uses exaggerations and false claims to lure adolescents to a tennis academy that does not even have 1 tennis court: [sonicbooms.blogspot.com]

Dated Feb. 18, 2005: Lying in the Name of Jesus: [www.faithwriters.com]

Dated March 1, 2006 International Christian Tennis Association (ICTA) listing under Sects or Cults.
[tennisministry.com]

They have used at least four Internet addresses that ICTA has used:
www.ictatennis.net (since shutdown)
[home.OurMinistry] (since shutdown)
[ictatennis.ourministry.org] (since shutdown)
[www.christiantennis.net]
[www.christiantennisassociation.net]

Yearly Website Archive available on the Internet:
[web.archive.org]
--------------------------------------------------------
Some of the earliest posting on the Internet starting February 23, 2003. A message board that was the only information for several years that had posts questioning Mr. Paschals and ICTA claims. It has since been removed.
ICTA Fact or Fiction: ICTA Fact or Fiction:
[web.archive.org]
ICTA Fact or Fiction update:
[web.archive.org]
Why care about Scott Paschal and ICTA: [web.archive.org]
Message board index:
[web.archive.org]
Ordained Minister: [web.archive.org]
WTA partnership: [web.archive.org]
Club GM false: [web.archive.org]
New club/business ventures False - [web.archive.org]
Claims and Refusals: [web.archive.org]
Restraining order: [web.archive.org]
Buiness ventures False: [web.archive.org]
Club member: [web.archive.org]
Liar/abuse: [web.archive.org]
Melody, Rachel Snelen: [web.archive.org]
Mr. Paschals former brother in law: [web.archive.org]
Club member comments, children: [web.archive.org]
Paschal lies at club: [web.archive.org]
Pattern of lies and deception: [web.archive.org]
----------------------------------------------------
On July 20, 2002 I received a polite letter from concerned parents of a junior player, asking questions about a supposed tennis academy and ministry known as 'International Christian Tennis Association". Here is that letter and reply.
Link: [pub32.bravenet.com]

I was glad to hear about this ministry and reviewed the ITCA website at that time, and have reviewed the site for the four years since. Having been in the tennis industry for over 30 years myself I was immediately concerned by the claims made on the website as of July, 2002.

A.
1. Director of ICTA, Mr. Scott Paschal coached more WTA/ATP players than anyone in the world. The site claimed over 60 WTA/ATP professional players were currently coached by him and at this Christian tennis academy.

2. The ICTA had training academies in many locations around the world, including their training center in USA, Europe, Canada, and Australia and their main base in Arlington/Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. They did not list any addresses, phone numbers, exact locations or staff details however.

3. They claimed to be a Christian tennis ministry, but listed no church or other ministry affiliation.

4. They claimed to have reached one million people in the tennis world.

5. Photos of well known world class tennis players posted on the website, who are not known to be Christians taken with their staff. Justine Henin Hardenne photo (used without her permission, since removed) was prominently displayed. It appeared to be an effort to promote and give creditability to the site.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

B.
I contacted Mr. Paschal in August 2002 with a polite letter, pointing out the message that was received on our ministry message board and requesting from him the following: His Academy address, his church contact and his Pastor Name and contact. No documents have ever been provided.

I then began to follow this supposed ministry website and have done so for this period of years.

1. May 24, 2002: Message board quote: Subject: Maria Sharapova: Maria and her friends from Russia are also now part of the ICTA. It is a Christian tennis organization. Maybe that should be talked. She often refers to the ICTAtennis.net website and hits with the ICTAcademy players at tournaments. She even lost to one... graciously. (Sharapova has never said anything privately or publicly about ICTA and more than likely this posting is written by one of the three primary members of ICTA as they often post messages to boards under aliases. We also find it amazing that someone unknown from ICTA would beat a world number one player.)
Link: [p095.ezboard.com]

2. August 30, 2002, I received a harnessing email from Scott Paschal. Our ministry message board was then flooded with letters, either supporting the ICTA or threatening, in one case physically threatening either myself, or threatening others who began to post legit questions about ICTA or Mr. Paschal. I began to have to remove posts that were coming from this group. We received several hundred posts in a period of a few months, eventually forcing me to shut down our ministry message board. However some of this old board still remains, and may be reviewed at: [pub32.bravenet.com]

3. Through investigative techniques available on the Internet, I was able to determine that the postings that are harassing or supporting ICTA on our message board were coming from Arlington, Texas and from one computer. The posting that are from his assistants also match the other posting that are signed with other names. (pointing out that many are forged or alias names but from one source.)

4. I find Mr. Scott Paschal listed in the United States Professional Tennis Association member listing book, rated a P3 (the lowest form of coach rating) and living in Arlington, Texas. A USPTA Master Pro in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas tells me that no academy such as ICTA exists in that town and would be well known if it had pro players.

5. Mr. Naessens from Greece, contacted me. He is a tennis coach, club manager and had contact with Mr. Paschal via email. He was given assurances that ICTA would send him money to build up his club. After a short period he found out their claims were not legit, threatening and he broke off contact with them. He has posted information on this group in various locations on the Internet to expose what he felt were their false claims.

6. September 25, 2002. An example of a strange and harassing letter on our message board from a ‘supposed’ tennis student of Mr. Paschal and ICTA Academy student, Katerina Yvkenoia. [pub32.bravenet.com]

7. September 27, 2002 email from Mr. Paschal assistant, Rachel: Quote: Scott is also heavily involved with the USTA High Performance dept. and is teaching them how he has successfully developed so many WTA players and brought them together. He speaks at Churches/high schools/colleges and is writing a book on sports supplements for women on the WTA tour in conjunction with the USTA trainers. (To my knowledge this is all false.)

8. October 8, 2002 email from Mr. Paschal assistant, Rachel: Quote: ‘Our USA academy staff and full time players personally attend the 2nd largest church in the country and have a home base with them. When we advertised this fact last year, many enemies from around the world would threaten the church with bomb attacks…as well as over 20 churches around the world. I have personally taught tennis for the ICTA at 16 Christian sports camps where we have all enjoyed much fellowship.’ (Despite a request for the churches name or sport camp location, none was ever provided.)

9. October 21, 2002 - A message board posting on Central Florida Tennis site proclaiming the greatness of Scott Pascal. (Mr. Paschal has posted articles on the Internet using other names, and we believe this is the case here.)
Link: [cache.zoominfo.com]

10. November 22, 2002. Mr. Paschal mentions in an email that he has contact with a Christian tennis ministry and academy in south Florida, ‘The complete Player Institute’. I contact the Director, Mr. Scott Williams and he mentions that he has had no contact with Mr. Paschal and does not know him. [www.cpitennis.com]

11. November 23, 2002. An email sent out on the Internet by ICTA. Quote: ‘ICTA and ICTAcademies International! will announce a partnership with two top ATP players in January, 2003! You will be amazed at who have become ICTA supporters. These players have offered to work with ICTAcademies International! in training our top young ATP and WTA players.” ( No further announcements were ever made and no players named).

12. Mr. Scott Paschals, two female assistants mother, Joy Snelen contacted me. She told me that she was concerned about her two daughter welfare and them living with Scott Paschal. She also felt that Scott Paschal was separating her from her daughters. She also contacted David Paschal, Scott's brother and who is a Baptist Pastor. Mr. David Paschal contacted me and after checking out David Paschal Pastor qualifications, I called him. He told me that he had not had contact with his brother for a number of years; that his brother had a history of lying and he felt was mentally ill.

13. Scott Paschal emailed me after his brother and his assistants mothers had contacted him and mentioned contacting me. He was threatening and told me to remove any negative posting on our message board that had to do with ICTA. He mentioned that the girls mother was a child abuser and abusive to the girls, he was protecting them and that the mother was found guilty and would be put in jail shortly. I replied to Scott Paschal to provide court documents so stating the facts as he related them and I would gladly remove any posting from the mother to our new message board or any concerning ICTA. (No documents were ever provided.)

14. I next read in several Christian magazines, including Charisma, Mr. Paschal was being interviewed in the articles claiming that he had a large Christian tennis ministry, a Christian tennis academy, quit his $100,000USD a year job as General Manager at the Player's Racquet Club, and other claims all for the 'call' of God.
Websites:
[www.crosswalk.org]
Since removed - [www.charismamag.com]

15. I received various emails at times polite and at times threatening either from Mr. Paschal, or his two helpers during the next several years. I replied politely but desired to keep the communication to the minimum. An example is this statement from an October 8, 2002 email from Scott Paschal to me, 'I will coach more WTA pro players this year than anyone in the world. ‘One things that stands out that has been posted in various ways and at various times on the website is how often it changes. Examples of this:
Listing Academy around the world.
Listing millions Christian contacts around the world.
Training of many world ranked players.
Naming several well known world class professional players as Christians.
Giving the impression that well known WTA/ATP players either know them or in some way endorse them. Having pictures taken with pro players at a tournament unawares of its intended use by that player and them posting them on the ICTA website.
Claiming that various WTA/ATP players are Christians, are reaching others for Christ, when if fact they are not known Christians. Two players publicly state that they are Jehovah Witnesses.
He continually mentions being taken to legal court by others or him taking others to court.

16. As I studied the ICTA through various Internet search engines, I found a message board, that had hundreds of posting from irate people who had questioned or been threatened by anyone associated with ICTA. These posting went on for about one year and then the website administrator shut down the message board, listing the reason as abusive posting. At that time, this seemed to be the only place that tennis players could find information on either the ICTA or Mr. Paschal.
Message Board (since removed): [tennis.info]
Cached on the Internet at:
[web.archive.org]
(See 2006 #36 below for a detailed sampling of these postings)

17. On Internet search engines, including Christian engines Mr. Paschal has often listed as the "tennis great Scott Paschal'.
Link: [www.google.com.hk]
[www.atletasdecristo.org]

18. ICTA website lists that they sponsor $10,000 USD pro tournaments in Australia, Europe and US. (No events held.)
[web.archive.org]

1. A claim made on their website, which has since been removed, is the following: We are the world's only legitimate Christian ministry for the sport of tennis, registered as a non profit and having a governing board of directors, proclaiming Christ to the world.
Link (since removed): [www.christiantennis.net]
Link: [www.christiantennis.net]

2. March 13, 2003 Christian Internet Search engine posting -"Provides a Christian tennis ministry in over 100 countries around the world. ICTAcademy trains WTA and ATP professional players who then travel the world as ICTA Christian missionaries. Parent and coach ministries, and a great prayer board for all to post their prayers. Founded by tennis great Scott Paschal." (Not in 100 countries, No Academy training WTA/ATP player who travel as missionaries and no message or prayer board on their website)
(since removed) [www.crosssearch.com]

3. September 7, 2003 - Scott Paschal attacks Jeff Davies who questions his claims: (also attacks against others see 2004 #5, 2006 #14, 2006 #21)
[72.14.203.104]

1. March 23, 2004 - Christian magazine, Chrisama Magazine runs an article on Scott Paschal: Quote Mr. Paschal: 'An Assemblies of God church in Longwood, Fla., raised $1,300 for the booth.'; 'NASDAQ-100 organizers took off $2,500 from his ministry's $10,000 booth fee.'
Link: [www.charismanews.com]

2. March 23, 2004 - I began to see posting in Christian magazines on the Internet that ICTA Academy was now located at "Players Racquet Club" in Palm Coast, Florida and that Mr. Paschal was the club, General Manager. I called the club, asking for Mr. Paschal and was informed by the "General Manager' that Mr. Paschal was no longer there, and the ICTA was never located there, Mr. Paschal was never the General Manager, was hired based upon his claims to promote the club, and took care of the grounds and marketing of the club. He was fired after a short period from member complaints. The General Manager felt that the group he claimed to have "ICTA" as more of a cult and that he was living in the same house as two other unmarried female helpers of his.
Link: [www.charismanews.com]

2. August 2004. I met a highly USA ranked junior player, Lauren, her mother and father at the US Open. They were committed Christians. They told me they had heard about the ICTA Academy in Palm Coast, Florida and arranged a visit with the intention of enrolling their daughter for year round training. All three in this family, told me, that they went to the "Racquet Club of Palm Coast" in Florida, met Mr. Paschal and his two female assistants. They left that day, with no intention to return. The reasons given were that the claims of training students were false, no substantial staff and lastly the daughter would be housed in the same house as Mr. Paschal and his two female assistants.

3. August 2004. I met Scott Paschal and one of his female assistants at the US Open. Mr. Paschal spoke about 2 minutes to several other Christians that I was with on the site grounds and then left. His female assistant stayed apart and away. Later the Director of Athletes in Action for tennis told me that she had been contacted by him and also felt that something was not quite correct. A retired Christian tennis tour player also mentioned that he had been contacted and asked my opinion.

4. September 3, 2004. ICTA newsletter sent by email lists that they plan to reach 2.4 million people in 2004-05 and ICTA will host mission trips to the 6 largest pro tournaments in the world...US OPEN, Australian Open, Pacific Life Open, Nasdaq 100 Open, French Open, and Wimbledon. (No one has seen them at the US Open, Pacific Life Open, French Open or Wimbledon).

5. October 4, 2004: ICTA attack two tennis coaches who have questioned their claims.
Link: [web.archive.org]

6. November 15, 2004 they made the following claim on their website: During the next 10 weeks, ICTA President Scotty Paschal, our ICTA staff, and our Christian Tennis Academy students and their parents plan to travel on mission trips to: Australia: Melbourne, Sidney, and Brisbane. USA: California, Hawaii, and Las Vegas. Europe: Rome and Milan, Italy; Paris, France; Luxembourg, Germany; Athens, Mt. Olympus, and Thesseloniki, Greece. New Zealand: Aukland and Christchurch. (None of which can be substantiated.)

7. Mr. Scott Paschal lists himself on the ICTA website (since updated to minister, 2006 removed) as an ordained Minister and Pastor. (No credentials or sponsoring organization is listed or known.) [www.christiantennis.net]

8. Starts to solicit funds on home page via support for ‘voluntary staff’ and for land as a Christian ministry.

9. ICTA website quote: During 2005 and 2006, the ICTA has a goal to build an entire Christian tennis community complete with 24 condos surrounding a 40 court tennis complex. The tennis complex is the vision of Scott Paschal. With 20 clay courts, 14 hard courts, 2 grass courts, 3 indoor courts, and 1 stadium court which will seat 10,000...This tennis resort will have a sports missionary training center, a homeschool center, a full service fitness facility, an olympic sized pool, shower facilities, and a full service pro shop! (No ICTA tennis center has ever been built, they are currently teaching on public courts.)

1. The website lists Marek Czerwinski, as a full time student at ICTA Academy and as being the 2005 USTA number one ranked 18 and under boy. I have not seen Czerwinski at any Grand Slam junior events or on the USTA National Boys Junior team. He is listed on the USTA website as being number one in bonus points for one month. The USTA 2005 end of year rankings do not show Czerwinski as being ranked in the top 100 18 and under juniors in US, which is an accurate listing of his ranking.
Link: [tournaments.usta.com]

1. March 3, 2005. Mr. Scott Pascal email: Quote, ‘an 11-year-old Russian orphan named Anna I am in the process of adopting. Anna is a top 10 Russian player in her age group and a very special young lady.’ (To date we do not know of a confirmed adoption, and find this quite interesting in light to other player references to ‘tennis dad or adopted father’ on the site.)

2. November 2005 - WTA End of Season Tour Champions in Los Angeles, the ICTA website, which is constantly changed and emails have given the impression that they have some 'official ' capacity with the WTA tour. The reality is that they purchased a viewing booth at the tournament from the tournament organizer not the WTA tour and which is available to anyone. Mr. Paschal was there and through a source that went to the booth, I was told that very few people were there. Also no video for ICTA was shown on the stadium screen as claimed by their website.

3. December 2005 - A former top 100 women WTA player trains with Mr. Paschal. She has now quit after a short period there. The method of operation for ICTA to attract players is as follows: Provide free airfare to the Florida. Provide housing. Separate them from their family. Immediately start to use their photos on the website, to validate their claims of great players and to attract additional players. Surround the player with Mr. Paschal assistants by living with them all in the same house. Control of the player by both love and anger. Mr. Paschal states that he has become her 'tennis dad'.

1. Mr. Paschal on the ICTA website and lists that he will be attending a series of pro tennis tournaments as the 'official Chaplain" of various pro tournaments. (Among these he lists Wimbledon, US Open and French Open, which do not have an "official" chaplains.) [www.christiantennis.net]

2. ICTA lists as going to Melbourne, Australia for the 2006 Australian Open for a mission trip. (Cannot find anyone who saw them there. Not substantiated.) [www.christiantennis.net]

3. Scott Paschal coaching home page quote: ‘My tennis friends and mentors are the among the top coaches in the WTA/ATP who spend their time running academies, coaching top 100 WTA/ATP players’. (We cannot find anyone who knows him and recommends him as he states.) [www.socialtennis.com]

4. March 1 – A source who has been to the ICTA Academy says that the academy consists of Mr. Scott Paschal, as the coach; two female assistants who also are students, and two male students.

5. February - Marek Czerwinski, key listed junior on the website, as left the group. Julia Valkulenko, key listed WTA player, as left the group and is trying to stop the group from having booths at pro tour tournaments.

6. March - Scott Paschal posts on the Internet excerpts on a book that he is writing which is an attack and critical of Julia Valkulenko and existing ministry on pro tennis tour. Czerwinski and Valkulenko photos are still being used to promote group.

7. March 15 - Link to Story on Julia Vakulenko removed on ICTA home page but still on site. (in the interest in protecting Ms. Valkulenko, I will not give out the link but have retained a copy for records. It was a very unflattering and damaging story written by Mr. Paschal on her and two others involved in ministry)

8. ICTA is listed for tax-exempt purposes in the State of Florida: INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN TENNIS ASSOCIATION INC
(c/o GARY SCOTT PASCHAL) 39-B WELLHAVEN LN
PALM COAST, FL 32164-4110 Charitable Organization
( Tennis, Racquet Sports Clubs, Leagues)
( Please note that it is not filed under religious organization and it is not known if a church or religious organization has oversight of any gifts or funds. For this reason we suggest that no gifts be made to this organization)
[www.taxexemptworld.com]

9. March 16: Scott Paschals posting to a Forum: Subject: Christian minister in tennis ministry needs support. Quote: This would be an initial investment of approx. $21,000, including lawyer service. (We can find no record with any church of Mr. Paschal being a minister. This appears to be an attempt to begin to request money from a forum outside of tennis.)
Link: [www.paxilprogress.org]

10. March 17 - ICTA homepage has removed the word official as posted "Official Chaplain" from their webpage for the following tournaments, US Open, Wimbledon, French Open, Pacific Life Open, Nasdaq 100 Open, Bausch and Lomb Championships, Family Circle Cup, J and S Cup, Western and Southern Financial Group Womens Open, Bank of the West Classic, JP Morgan Chase Open, Tennis Channel Open, China Open.

11. Bausch and Lomb Championships reports that they have no contact with Mr. Paschal or ICTA.

12. ICTA webpage quote: Scott Paschal has scheduled to coach Julia Vakulenko, and Chaplain for TCI, at many of these events. (Julia Vakulenko is not being coached by Scott Paschal as of this date, but information remains on site that he is.)

13. ICTA webpage quote: Congratulations to Marek Czerwinski, a fulltime student at the International Christian Tennis Academy. ( Marek is not as of this date being coached by Scott Paschal, but information remains on site that he is.)

14. Mr. Paschal has written another story that shows an insight into this viewpoints and beliefs. Quite revealing. He uses the word 'Goon " to describe other believers and these are the same people who he is promoting on his homepage as being his top 'students'. They have since left him and he uses this article as a way to attack them but continues as of this date to use their photo and story on homepage for ICTA promotion.

15. As ICTA frequently changes his webpages, some times daily, I am keeping a record and also posting upon the information for your reference. I have in some cases removed the names of those mentioned in a derogatory manner by Mr. Paschal to protect them.
ICTA Website archive: www.tennisministry.com/icta1.html

16. The webhost for ICTA, www.acstechnologies.com has reviewed the ICTA site. The webhost company has suggested that others contact them with their concerns for them to consider additional action: Email: sally.grantham@acstechnologies.com

17. March 20, 2006 - Scott Paschal article quotes: "God allows satanic influences inside Christian ministry! Here's the kicker... without those satanic influences God's plan can't be accomplished to fulfillment! "; I love what Judas did!; "Can we give Judas a hand here? Everybody clap."

18. A new link for selling T-shirts on the ICTA homepage and this leads to a link that promotes receiving donations for 'volunteer staff"

19. Website quote for donations: "The International Christian Tennis Association is a not for profit Christian sports ministry." (Please note in a posting above, #8, of the exact status for this organization according to records and we can find no official link to a church or sports ministry.)

20. March 20 - ICTA website quote: 'Donations for training allow for a 47% tax deduction for tax paying Americans.'; 'Training donation rates are as follows; 'Price for the week is $950 US with full room and board with 3 meals per day'; To avoid such additional costs, we suggest you send your payments via U.S. money orders of U.S. bank drafts.'; "Please note carefully that all donation fee payments to ICTA are non-refundable under any circumstances.'. (Please note that this so called Christian ministry. ICTA does have tax deductable status according to information that we have, but it is not for religious purposes and has does not have church oversight. Please be aware that this in fact may be a form of not paying taxes for ICTA.)

21. March 21: An attack against Mr. Phil Naessens, who questions Mr. Paschals claims: Quote: 'Satan's Foot Soldier- The Lies of Phil'

22. March 26: Website Quote: You will travel to pro tournaments with him and/or your team and have the opportunity to hit with other pro players Scotty coaches and/or advises. One very interesting aspect of our training is our ability to work with many fine coaches from around the world, either at home or on tour. Coaches who are dedicated to the game and who strive for improvement. (We can find no pro players as of this day, outside of one assistant that is ranked WTA at 9999 that Paschal coaches. The website does not list any coach around the world or on tour that Mr. Paschal names.)

23. March 26 - Website quote: Players travel from Russia, South America, Norway, Canada, USA, Japan, and New Zealand specifically for the opportunity to train with us. (We know of no other players from the places listed, except the USA, as attending either now or in the past. Our information is that currently only two players attend, Mr. Paschals assistants, Rachael and Melody Snelen from the US.)

24. March 27 - Mr. Scott Paschals two assistants and also students have been listed on the ICTA website for many years as WTA players and also as coaching the players who are touring professionals and ranked juniors. The 2006 Florida section USTA women's rankings list for both players. Rachael Snelen: 26; Melody Snelen: 67. Rachael Snelen is ranked for the first time on the WTA: 9999 singles and doubles (As of this date we can find no ranked juniors or adults with this academy, except for the Snelens.)
[usatennisflorida.tournaments.usta.com]
[www.wtatour.com]

25. March 27 - Housing for players both male and female is offered in the same house with Mr. Paschal. Mr Paschal has stated in other postings that he is 38 years old, single and unmarried. Quote: Coach Scotty offers his large 4 bedroom/2 story home for housing up to 8 select players.

26. March 27 - ICTA Website Quote: In 2004, ICTA Ministries touched the lives of over 400,000 people. In 2005 we reached 550,000. Reaching over 750,000 by September 1, 2006. 006 Missions Goal: To reach over 1,000,000 in attendance at pro tennis events. Under the partnership and guidance of Christian ministries who have successfully reached millions of people worldwide. (They appear to state these claims based upon the number of people who attend a pro tennis tournament and not upon the actual number of people they disciple or have personal contact with. We can find no testimonials on their website from any Christian ministry that they work with.)

27. ICTA website quote: Now in 2004, 30 years after the International Christian Tennis Association was first launched, the ICTA stands poised to reach over 2,000,000 per year worldwide! (A contradiction to #26 above.)

28. March 27 - ICTA website Quotes: 'ICTA was originally established in the mid 1970's in Dallas, Texas.' and on thier logo: 'Established in 1997'. (We can find no one who knows of ICTA in the 70's, 80's or early 90's and this is contradiction.)

29. ICTA Website Quote: 'In the early 1980's, Scott Paschal was given the blessing of developing the ICTA.' (At Mr. Paschals 2006 age of 38 years old, this would make him the leader of ICTA anywhere from age 17 to 12 years old.)

30. March 27 - ICTA website Quote: 'Scott Paschal developed his tennis teaching skills, his tennis playing skills, and his Christian ministry skills for the next 20 years as God developed him to guide the next phase of the International Christian Tennis Association.' (We can find no ministry that Paschal worked at prior or that is listed on the ICTA website. We can find no prior job employment listing for tennis listed on the website.)

31. March 27 - ICTA webpage attack a person, Rev. Bob Kraft, who questions ICTA claims (also attacks against others see 2003 #3, 2004 #5, 2006 #14, 2006 #21)

32. March 27 - Paschal newsletter quotes: 'electronic SATANPODS, sorry, I mean IPODS'; 'spend hours browsing the Satannet on their Lucifertop computers in their bedrooms or watching nothing at all beneficial on the new high definition Satanvision Set'; "talking on her Satancell "

33. March 27 - Quote: Sports ministries such as the International Christian Tennis Association or the Fellowship of Christian Athletes follow the same call. We all exist to share the Gospel and disciple God's people. (ICTA often uses the names of other well known and established ministries on their website. They never claim a working relationship with them or have testimonials from them, but that they follow the same call. They have listed in the past "Promise Keepers" and in an email sent out "Tennis Ministry International" both long established and well known ministries.)

34. April 1: All tournament logos and references to "Scott Paschal" being either the official Chaplain or Chaplain at various tournaments is removed from the ICTA website.

35. April 4: Scott Paschal uses a message board to attack Rev. Bob Kraft and another person who questions his claims. His previous attempts to attack others who question follow the same pattern. The method: Paschal attempts to find common ground and friendship with the website administrator and then suddenly attacks others and when the administrators does not agree are themselves attacked or abandoned.)
Link: [board.culteducation.com]
See other examples with others at:
a. [72.14.203.104]
b. [www.christiantennis.net]

36. April 5: ICTA Request for vehicle donations:
Link: [www.vehicledonation101.com]

37. April 5: Mr. Paschal writes and posts on website a strong attack on Rev. Bob Kraft. (Since removed and changed.)
Current Link: [www.christiantennis.net]

38. April 7: Five weeks after Marek Czerwinski and Julia Valkulenko left, photos and stories on them are still posted on ICTA website despite being asked to remove the information. These are used to promote the group and claim that Czerwinski is a student there.

39. April 7: ICTA Website change: Prior quote: Saved by Scotty from suicide. Current Quote: Intervened by Scotty from Suicidal Deperesssion.

More information will be posted as it becomes available at:
[tennisministry.com]

Can Sport Go Too Far?
Posted by: PastorBobKraft ()
Date: April 13, 2006 07:28PM

Additional updated information can be found at: [tennisministry.com]

40. April: Dr. Dennis Littleton of First Baptist of Palm Coast, Florida states that Mr. Scott Paschal does attend there. That neither himself or the church does not know him well and does not endorse his or ICTA ministry.

41. April: Ministries that have been mentioned on ICTA site or via email: GotLife.org (established) Food the Hungry (stated working relationship - not established), David Nassar Outreach (stated working relationship and Pastoral role - not established), Chris Tomlin (stated working relationship - not established), Tennis Ministry International (not true), Southern Baptist Conference (not established), Fellowship of Christian Athletes ( FCA Florida has never heard of ICTA), Promise Keepers (not established), David Wheaton (David at 2006 US Open stated that he received one phone call from Paschal and does not work with him). (they are asked to look at the ICTA website for creditability and we feel that the ministries do not know the methods ICTA uses)

42. April: Ministries have been approached and/or asked to participate or donate products for their ICTA/booths: www.churchsports.org (work together) and First Baptist Church of Palm Coast (provide materials) and an Assembly of God church in Longwood, Florida. (provide money) (they are asked to look at the ICTA website for creditability and we feel that the ministries do not know the methods ICTA uses)

43. April: ICTA website quote: Remembering Gene Scott, Founder of Tennis Week "I kept my friendship with Gene private." (It is a very difficult to get a personal testimony from someone who has passed away. I have contacted Mr. Scotts office to see if this story as Paschal relates it is true. However based upon Mr. Paschals history of using others names without their permission and changing stories, we need to take this into account on accuracy. Please note that I would like nothing more than to find something that Mr. Paschal says or writes that is totally accurate.)

44. April: WTA (Womens Tennis Association) is involved in examining the issues as related to a tour player.

45. April 10: Pro player photo link changed from story on pro player to plan of salvation from Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) website:

46. April: Email to Church Pastor attacking Rev. Kraft: Quote: are you willing to be held legally liable for his actions? (Scott Paschal contacts at least one church and one ministry that Rev. Bob Kraft has contact with asking questions.

47. April10: Scott Paschal attack against Rev. Kraft: A Pastor in a telephone call to Rev. Kraft states that he told Paschal over the phone what the church offered and did with Rev. Kraft and Paschal posted a letter on ICTA website taking his comments out of context and without his authorization.

48. April 11: Rev. Kraft receives an email from Scott Pascal: Quote: it's getting weird having you google things such as ...if it comes down to it, i will respond in a different way. (This was two minutes after I got of a Google search and named exactly the words I was searching, it appears that he was somehow monitoring my web activities and seems like a threat to me.)

49. April 13: Financial: but if you can find me tomorrow and mention this web log..I'll give you a 50% discount!
To advertise your products or services in F& T Magazine contact an F&T sales rep today at 386 793 0557!
Limited commercial advertising space available.
We volunteer our time for this ministry and raise our own support.
To book Scotty Paschal to speak at your conference, church or event:

50. April 13: Website Quote: Fall 2005 Tennis Camps Campers! Enjoy a week long high performance Christian tennis camp in beautiful Palm Coast, Florida. Camps are for ages 14 and up (special permission required if under 14). Pro tennis to beginners tennis camps... have a wonderful time of Christian fellowship and full time tennis! (I can find no other youth listed or photos for a camp. I am concerned as based upon the information stated above requesting children under the age of 14.)

51. April 13: ICTA website quote: I've coached Joe for over 6.5 years! Joe is a great kid and recently made the tennis team of the # 2 ranked Division II college in the USA. (No last name, no university, strange to say the least! We would like to verify)

52. April 13: ICTA Website quote: I talked to Spadea today. I like Vince. He's a neat guy. It's fun seeing him at tournament after tournament. (I spoke to Vince two years ago on Paschal and he stopped by his booth to help autographs, but otherwise has no contact he initiates. The photo that in on the home page of Vince signing autographs is several years old and is used as a means to validate the website)

53. April 13: ICTA website quote: Think ICTA leagues, men's meetings, tournament, pro-am, ICTA Rally to Win tour date, and dare we say let's all come together and sponsor an ITF Pro Tournament to benefit Texas tennis! (the website has been saying similar things around the USA/world for the past four years, and we can find record of any of this.)

54. April 13: ICTA website quote: ICTA Fun Fact: ICTA of 30 Years Ago? Did you know that a group of guys in the late 70's/early 80's tried to form the International Christian Tennis Association? That's right! A Christian top 10 ATP pro player, a Christian tennis pro, a Christian businessman, and Reverend Jim Baker of PTL, founder of the largest Christian ministry in the world, all gave it a go... and failed! About that time God placed a tennis racket in a teenaged Scott Paschal's hands.... Scott met one of these guys at the 2004 Nasdaq 100 Open and they have been close friends ever since. (In the 1980's a group of tennis coaches met for a Bible study in Texas and at their annual coaches meeting. Perhaps this is what Mr. Paschal is referring to. No history of ICTA, that anyone can find or know of. This is also in direct contradiction to Scott Paschals claim of ICTA starting at various time on his website from the 1980's to the 1998. We would like to know the name of that person so that they can be contacted and claims verified.)

55. April 13: ICTA website quote: Top WTA players are receiving much needed help for eating disorders. Younger 16 to 25 year old pro players receive Christian guidance. Older player are guided to potential new career paths. Coaches and parents of the professional tennis players receive Christian counseling. Scotty has traveled to the home of pro players to counsel and develop life plans. (Who are these players, not one supportive testimony from a pro player, that anyone can contact.)

56. April 13: ICTA website quote: In cooperation with Paul Campo, the CEO of TheGrinders.tv, ICTA will begin implementing our ICTA Pro Team concept this Spring 2005. (despite attempts to contact Mr. Campo, we have not been able to verify this. All Paschal information has been removed from thegrinders.tv website.)

57. April 13: ICTA website quote: In 2004, ICTA Ministries touched the lives of over 400,000 people. In 2005 we reached 550,000. (complete contradiction to others quotes on the website)

58. April 13: Mission training: ICTA website quote: This TMTC program with all its classes are taught by Scotty Paschal at the International Christian Tennis Association's Christian Tennis Missionary Training Center in Florida, USA. (It is noticeable that no other person is listed at classes taught. Also we can find no reference to Mr. Paschal qualifications for missions.)

Can Sport Go Too Far?
Posted by: LCC ()
Date: September 16, 2006 06:10AM

Mr. Paschal,

Strange to read you personal info and then compare it to your personal sites. Here you say that you are new at coaching and so on....Your sites state differently.

Here you say you wanted feedback on your thoughts but yet you state on other sites of yours, that you have been doing this since 1999.

Sounds like to me you need to get your lies straight before you begin typing anything. I am following, will follow, and will expose.

Re: Can Sport Go Too Far?
Posted by: shades31 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 07:33PM

Scott has married one of the twin sisters who moved into his “tennis academy” (small 1 Bedroom Texas apartment). The girls were 16 at the time and now they would be 25, 26 years old. He always stated he was “like a father to them” whenever eyebrows would raise or concerns would be voiced about their living arrangement. Guess we know better now huh?

[plugginaway4him.wordpress.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.