Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Corporate brain washing?
Date: August 21, 2005 12:00AM

Ever feel sometimes like corporate America/the Gov. is trying to indoctrinate us via mass advertising into nothing but glassy-eyed consumers who slavishly pander to following subconscious assumptions:

1--You are powerless.

2--Happiness, self-esteem, worthiness, sex appeal, power and etc. comes from withOUT. So "BUY SOMETHING, DAMMIT; IT'S PATRIOTIC!"

3--Your work is your worth; thus the more you make (and acquire) the more *worth* and *entitlement* you have as a human being.

4--Therefore if someone has less happiness or material possessions than you then they obviously are less deserving.

5--People who deny the aforementioned "rules" are simply (with a patronizing tone of voice and expression) naive self-deluded kooks and/or trouble makers who simply "just don't get it."

Therefore we, the elite, are justified in summarily dismissing anything that they think or feel and "take steps" if necessary if they get to be too "inconvenient."

CNFT

BTW: IT would be nice one didn't have to logon again when submitting a post only to have the system lose everything you just typed. I learned my lesson the last and copied everything and then pasted it, but even so there's no excuse for this as no other system I've encountered ANYwhere else has this tiresome glitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Corporate brain washing?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 21, 2005 12:21AM

Your post may just have failed approval.

Not a glitch in the system that I am aware of.

Regarding "brainwashing"

See [www.culteducation.com]

Adverstising is different.

Corporate brain washing?
Posted by: CultEduMod ()
Date: August 21, 2005 07:22AM

If it takes you a while to make a post, sometimes the system can log you out.
To be safe, always make a copy of your post before you post it.

This happens on other systems as well, sometimes it is just a browser error.

Corporate brain washing?
Date: August 22, 2005 07:05AM

rrmoderator
Your post may just have failed approval.

Not a glitch in the system that I am aware of.

Regarding "brainwashing"

Adverstising is different.

Having reviewed this site, clearly mine is not the first non sequitor, highly speculative and/or emotionally charged observation posted here. And somehow, people being creatures far more of emotion than reason, I seriously doubt that it'll be the last...But at least I'm being honest about it.

As for the book, I own it, the full '95 edition as a matter of fact and read it cover to cover. Much like the book "A Tremor in the Blood" it should be required reading for all.

And thanks in advance for no more replies please. I'm not particularly interested if people agree with me or not. I just wanted to get people to consider television advertising in a new light.

And one more non sequitor!

I knew I had one in me!!!

Hey EVERYBODY! Want to do something partiotic!? How about slowing down on the freeways?!?

The typical SUV max's out on fuel efficiency at around 50-60 mph. After that you're simply trading gas for wind resistance.

What'll slower do?

It'll save gas which will lessen the terrorism tax (approx. 50 cents of every gallon) every time you fill up at the pump and ultimately low gas prices by saving more gas.

Next, OBVIOUSLY, it'll save lives, and finally that extra 10 to 15 miles per hour results in a negligible increase in how soon you arrive to your destination.

And finally nobody likes a road %$@*&! on their bumper.

Ciao,

CNFT

Corporate brain washing?
Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: August 24, 2005 04:01AM

Maybe one of the reasons we as a people are so vulnerable to outside influence from cults that would control us is that we have anesthetized ourselves through exposure to the media for far too long.
We could turn off the TV and read a book once in a while.
If I am not mistaken, better schools used to teach logic, ethics, and critical thinking. They don't seem to do that anymore.
Having been brainwashed, or for whatever reasons, cult-followers tend to relinquish control to the cult leader, so critical thinking is still not a high priority.
Obedience is.

We have a responsibility to ourselves to hold onto our power. If we subscribe to outside control of our thought processes by buying into advertising and media pressure, we have no-one to blame but ourselves.

It's all politics. Politics driven by money.
(Then again, cults and politics seem to go hand-in-hand.)

Corporate brain washing?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 24, 2005 06:20AM

Bonnie

The topic of advertising, corp. branding and persuasion techniques does fit under this general heaing within the message board.

The heading over this thread is under is "Coericive persuastion and Undue Influence."

Let's not do any victim bashing. It's bad enough dealing with cults without blaming their victims and/or demeaning them.

I have not met any cult members that willingly relinquished their power, it was rather a bait and switch con job foisted by some group accompanied by quite a bit of brainwashing.

Corporate brain washing?
Date: July 28, 2006 10:02PM

bonnie
Maybe one of the reasons we as a people are so vulnerable to outside influence from cults that would control us is that we have anesthetized ourselves through exposure to the media for far too long.
We could turn off the TV and read a book once in a while.
If I am not mistaken, better schools used to teach logic, ethics, and critical thinking. They don't seem to do that anymore.
Having been brainwashed, or for whatever reasons, cult-followers tend to relinquish control to the cult leader, so critical thinking is still not a high priority.
Obedience is.

We have a responsibility to ourselves to hold onto our power. If we subscribe to outside control of our thought processes by buying into advertising and media pressure, we have no-one to blame but ourselves.

It's all politics. Politics driven by money.
(Then again, cults and politics seem to go hand-in-hand.)

Freedom of thought seems the only remaining uncorporatised entity in the modern world. But if they could, they would: profiteers managing "thought plans" much like phone companies offer phone plans. I'll take a monthly pre-paid radical non-conformist thought plan, please?

Corporate brain washing?
Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: July 30, 2006 09:10PM

CultEduMod
If it takes you a while to make a post, sometimes the system can log you out.
To be safe, always make a copy of your post before you post it.

This happens on other systems as well, sometimes it is just a browser error.

I've been getting around the short timeout this board has by hitting preview regularly while I'm writing, so it keeps me logged in.

Corporate brain washing?
Posted by: NotOneOfThem ()
Date: February 23, 2007 05:37AM

I was working with a friend of mine video taping a "Training Session" for a National BBQ restauraunt. The plan was that if the President/founder of the company was unable to make it to one of these pre-location opening training sessions, they could play the DVD of his talk for that day, and perhaps use other sections of the DVD we were producing.

We arrived an hour early to set up our two cameras and some sound equipment. In the room also were several employees of the company, trainers who were brought in to work with the next employees and teach them. This is common in the industry I have learned since.

Something I noticed was that one of the employees went around the 12 or so rows of chairs, about 5 on each side of an aisle and placed a sheet of paper on that chair.

Later, when the room started to fill up with people, I observed that these chairs were left alone by people when the arrived. These were people dressed in everyday street clothes. Then, a person dressed in a company shirt would move into the row at some point and in what looked like a random act, ask if someone was sitting at the place with the paper and then move it aside and sit there. The employees - trainers were scattered in the crowd.

My camera angle position was to capture crowd reaction and other coverage, my friend was taking main angles. I observed that the first people to start clapping and cheering loudly were the employees, scattered amongst the others. Then, following along, the rest of the people would join in.

The session had loud music, bright flashing lights and was more like a pep rally than it was a training session. I was told at the end that the real training took place over the next 3 work days.

I found it very interesting that this tactic was being used and have seen it since then, evening using it myself on the occasion. Someone in a group starts clapping, and others follow.

Strange how we humans work and can be influenced, but amazing still how some exploit it.

Regards,

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.