Visitor Comments from www.rickross.com
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 20, 2002 03:00AM

"I was once told your website was a 'cult group,' but because I was warned to stay away I took a good look instead. As free individuals it's our right to become aware and help others to beware. I learned the very hard way about cults. Once I put my brain on a shelf and let others do my thinking for me."

"I've always been fascinated with these types of organizations and how they function. I remember seeing a 20/20 report on CBJ years ago and feeling so angry and disgusted, that these types of people are out there doing their best to destroy critical thinking and the lives of those they get involved, while collecting money for themselves."

"My heart grieves for those who have been abused by churches that take scripture out of context in order to control, beat down and demoralize! I have seen interpretations of scripture with a twist. And rarely do such church leaders submit themselves for correction after being caught in lies. Instead there is always the escape clause 'touch not mine anointed.'"

Options: ReplyQuote
Visitor Comments from www.rickross.com
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 12, 2002 10:55PM

I have a friend who's into Christianity. She told me one time that you need "simple faith". I told her, "look, I turned my life over to Jesus Christ when I was 14 and I got burned." I also wound up in a fight that was going on between that church and other competing churches on LI including Pastor Profeta's. I think it was Jessica Hahn that brought him on.
With the internet, I think you really have to do a lot of comparing notes before you get involved with anything at all.
Caveat Emptor still applies, especially in the world of religion.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.