Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Landmark Education - Canada/South Africa/Great Britain/Australia/USA
Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:59PM

Hello everyone,

I am very interested to know what is going on in these countries.

This is what you can do;
- alert your government, friends, collegues etc
- tell your personal story

I know you are already doing some things. Do whatever you can to make information about Landmark Education public in your country.

Br
Lars Bergwik / nettie (my former self here on rickross) / nisseberka (on youtube)

PS I know landmark has some activities here in Sweden already :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 03:00PM by Lars Bergwik.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark Education - Canada/South Africa/Great Britain/Australia/U
Posted by: ExLand ()
Date: June 12, 2009 09:15PM

Hi Lars

I'm returning to Cape Town shortly where Landmark is based in South Africa. I have a few good ideas, which I will implementing over the next few months.

I'll stay in touch via email- it's safer :)

Keep up the good work!

Exland

Re: Landmark Education - Canada/South Africa/Great Britain/Australia/USA
Date: June 15, 2009 04:32PM

thanks Exland!

Date: June 16, 2009 07:51PM

Lars,

A couple of nights ago I downloaded a recent podcast from a Radio National Australia 1 hour program discussing Landmark.
There were a couple of former Landmark workers who spoke about their involvement.

The show host also played an interview with a Landmark promotions? director in the U.S. which was a bit of an eye-opener.

One of the former (4 year?) paid employees mentioned signing a work contract.
She basically worked 12/13 hour days Mon-Fri and also some of Saturday for approx. $25,000 a year.
That is less than $10 an hour.
When I heard that, I thought the Landmark business owners must be laughing all the way to the bank.

The show was not highly critical, just matter-of-fact in its presentation style.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:21AM

the transcript for that show is posted in another thread.
and the hourly rate was closer to $6.41 an hour, which might be under their minimum wage?

Landmark Education, Background Briefing ABC Radio Australia transcript [forum.culteducation.com]

The show tried to be "balanced" but Landmark really hurt themselves in that. For example, the comments made by the Landmark rep are so transparently dishonest as to be almost unbelievable. They will literally say anything.

and the recruiting information is very damaging to Landmark, as it exposes their methods to the public.

But of course, one problem with these types of programs is that the journalists have no training in understanding how LGAT's operate. They should also interview experts in LGAT's to explain the processes being used on people.

Posted by: Shu2002 ()
Date: June 29, 2009 08:49PM

Hi there,

Have just found you site and it is a real comfort to know that there are other like minded people out there. I am from Ireland and although they do not yet have offices landmark are getting a foot hold but I think they can be stopped. I need to hear from others in Ireland who think the same way. I attended a seminar recently and it was just appalling to see educated people taken in by this dangerours crap. Where the f**k does education come into these programmes. Sorry not going to rant, yopu already know all this, just get a little angry at times. Hope to hear from you.

Date: July 13, 2009 03:51AM

Go get them Shu2002 - it can be done.

We closed them down in Stockholm.

BR
Lars Bergwik

Date: September 07, 2009 08:25PM

I read through the ABC transcript and i agree, it is reality reversal.

Posted by: reptar ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:11PM

In Australia:

Senator Nick Xenophon is on a campaign to have Scientology made illegal, stating they are a criminal organisation. I have just sent Senator Xenophon the following letter:

Senator,

I applaud your stance on Scientology within Australia. I agree they are a criminal organisation.

Although I don’t want to distract for your campaign for an inquiry into Scientology, I am wondering if there are any campaigns to investigate Large Group Awareness Training organisation. In particular, Landmark Education is an organisation with very similar recruiting technique to Scientology, and a history of labour abuses, hypnosis and mind control, wrecking families, relationships and lives in its wake. They have been banned from France and Sweden, having been labelled as cults and exposed on national TV reports. Can you advise me of any campaigns?

Yours sincerely,

*name withheld*

I actually doubt he wants to take on too big a target at once, although it would be pretty amusing watching Scientology and Landmark try to cooperate a joint defence.

Posted by: reptar ()
Date: October 25, 2010 03:32PM

I received two responses from Senator Xenophon's office today, the first to say that they acknowledged my e-mail, and would run it past the Senator directly, the second was the following response:

--

Dear *name withheld*

Thank you for your email to Nick Xenophon regarding Landmark Education.

The Senate Inquiry into Nick’s Private Senator’s Bill, the Tax Laws Amendment (Public Benefit Test) Bill 2010 looked into the tax exempt status of all organisations, including organisations such as Landmark. You can read about the Inquiry here.

Nick will continue to seek further information about all allegations of abuse and improper treatments from organisations. If you have any further details, you are welcome to send them to him.

Thanks for your email and for showing your support.

Yours sincerely,

*name withheld*

--

So it seems that Senator Xenophon is interested in any information you may have about Landmark's abuses. I believe that if Landmark _is_ operating within the law of Australia (which is highly doubtful), then change the law so they aren't.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.