Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark-Lifespring-Impact Training
Posted by: eagle ()
Date: May 16, 2005 01:56AM

I posted this a few weeks ago with no response. :cry:

Posted: 05-02-2005 12:37 PM Post subject: Impact Training UTAH?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any comments about Impact Training located in the Salt Lake area? A family member receintly completed ALL courses and now we are having to deal the results. Some have been positive but some very negative and scary now that I've begun to research the power of LGAT's. We seen the recruitment of other family and friends and now a possible risk of fracture of immediate and extended family. The spouse is now considering attenance. No trained therapist has been involved. Should we be concerned about the short/long term psychological affects on this family member and what other advise can you give? Thanks...

Added...

With all of the talk about Landmark..is Lifespring or Impact Training similar? Is there anyone with this information comparing some of the LGAT's out there from a scale of "beware" or "might be alright"? I'm concerned....now 2 direct family members "graduating" from Impact Training and numerous friends recruited as well. Thanks...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glam ()
Date: May 16, 2005 08:59AM

IMO, Lifespring and Landmark are pretty much identical twins separated at birth. Both very similar and both very dangerous. There's info here about Lifespring:

[www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: May 17, 2005 01:22AM

glam
IMO, Lifespring and Landmark are pretty much identical twins separated at birth. Both very similar and both very dangerous. There's info here about Lifespring:

[www.culteducation.com]

Considering they were both birthed out of Mind Dynamics, there's probably some resemeblance :)

Someone who had done Lifespring described it as more focused on emotion and est/Landmark as more cerebral.

-- Caligari

Date: May 20, 2005 08:39PM

Thanks for the posts on comparisons between Impact and Lifespring. After further research the resemblance is obvious. I’ve read some of the forums on how to delicately approach “graduates” and have done so. I’m now considering educating some of the potential recruits and family members about the dangers.

Any advice on where to go from here? Is there any hope of stopping the influence of this LGAT on my family?

Thanks...

Date: May 20, 2005 10:24PM

There's no easy answer to that question...but the best thing to do right now is educate yourself as much as possible about cults, and try to stay on good terms with your family members until you decide what action to take (if any). There's tons of material available at this site and several book you can read, as well.

Glam

Date: May 21, 2005 01:24AM

Thanks...I've picked up the books Cults in Our Midst and Outrageous Betrayal. Any other recommendations on books?

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: May 21, 2005 05:50AM

eagle
Thanks...I've picked up the books Cults in Our Midst and Outrageous Betrayal. Any other recommendations on books?

I think it would be worthwhile to understand the concepts of Impact Training and work through the basis or assumptions of their ideas. And deduce their consequences.

-- Caligari

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 21, 2005 06:29AM

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is the explanation you are looking for.

Date: May 21, 2005 09:28AM

I also found "Battle for the Mind," by William Sargant, very enlightening. And as Rick has referred to, much of the info is available here -- check out the link he offered.

Glam

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 21, 2005 11:17AM

do some checking about details of the room set up.

This thread may have some information that can help get you started.

[board.culteducation.com]

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.