Current Page: 1 of 10
Sathya Sai Baba, frauds, tricks, global cult research thread
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 15, 2010 03:28AM

Here's a thread to research the fraud, scams, tricks and worse from the global cult of Sai Baba.
There are a zillion links, videos, and exposes online already.

Here is one to start, which has many links in it.

Sai Baba - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com [www.skepdic.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

There are many mentions of Sai Baba in this forum as well, about how Sai Baba uses images in his persuasion of his followers.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sathya Sai Baba, frauds, tricks, global cult research thread
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: September 15, 2010 04:58AM

Just happened to have this link bookmarked: [www.strippingthegurus.com]

That's from a longer piece that exposes various other fraudulent holy men, crazy wise adepts and gurus of various spurious or actual traditions.

There are many YouTube videos about Sai Baba such as "Sai Baba Exposed - Part 1 of 4": [www.youtube.com]

Unfortunately, he has the support of influential politicians in India and it's a bit late to do anything about the situation. Even if he was thrown in jail tomorrow he's so old now the damage has been done and he's got away with it for several decades.

Having said that, there is something to be learned from it all in case anyone is considering joining any similar Eastern or Western group centred around an "avatar" or "sat guru" or whatever other grandiose title they give themselves.

Date: September 15, 2010 05:21AM

Sai Baba's people bribed the local officials to keep a lid on everything, so yes its a very important example for study and research.

Sai Baba was/is also brilliant in his tactics, using life-size posters of himself in an orange robe with his wild hairdo at "satsangs" around the world.
He then "suggests" he will visit you in your dreams, and that is a miracle.
It works. Stare at life-sized posters of a guy in orange with a huge hairdo, chant for hours and months, and you will start dreaming those images.

Just look at the images these Sai Baba guys use. [www.sai-fi.net]
That is diabolical brilliant propaganda.

He does cheap tricks, and people believe it.
He says he is Godman, and can't speak English.
He tames elephants in videos, with the elephant trainer in the video!

Its horrifying what a psychopath can easily get away with.

Date: September 15, 2010 05:24AM

For those who are new to this, study this Sai Baba image very carefully. Its brilliant cultic propaganda, and there are countless other images they use.
[www.sai-fi.net]

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:51AM

He's also very fond of adolescent boys. A lot of these people set up cults around themselves simply so that they can get away with certain practices that would otherwise either land them in jail or alienate them socially. If you want servants to do your bidding, easy access to the type of human beings you'd like to sexually exploit, money and power, use whatever hook you can find that will appeal to your chosen crowd. In this case "miracles" for Hindus and Westerners into exotic mystical practices, and some baloney mythology about being an "avatar", that is, a messiah chosen by god to do god's work in the world. They will flock in their thousands. At least, they did. I wonder if anyone would get away with this kind of act these days? It's a bit old hat, isn't it? Very 70s, specially the hairdo.

Posted by: JayJoseph ()
Date: September 16, 2010 01:24AM

I will personally be reading and taking a hard look at Sai Baba and his teachings for personal reasons.....A very good friend of mine is a therapist and some of his "advice" he has given me is probably HEAVILY influneced by Sai Baba....It has to be because when I ask him who has influenced him the most he tells me Sai Baba...I have not agreed with everything he has told me but it is deeply painful because this friend has helped me througha WHOLE LOT.....He is a therapist who has a family, has mentioned Sai Baba but not really pushed him onto me.....He has shared that he too has has a nervous breakdown in the past....I am wondering if there is a way to maintain a friendship and even hear his advice BUT discard anything that has to do with Sai Baba teachings.....I am curious if anyone else has gone through this when a friend entered a cult/religion/LGAT OR when they found out that a friend was involved in any of there aforementioned....By the way, a big thanks to The AntiCult for his or her sharing of valuable information here on RRI

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 16, 2010 02:51AM

Article and website on SSB by Brian Steel

[www.saiguru.net]

Kevin Shepherd--problems with Sathya Sai Baba

[www.kevinrdshepherd.net]

Timothy Conway--concerns about Sathya Sai Baba

[www.enlightened-spirituality.org]

Robert Priddy--SSB Deceptions Exposed

[robertpriddy.wordpress.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 16, 2010 02:58AM

A bit of advice:

If any of us receives unpleasant private messages from pro-Sathya Sai people, notify Mr Rick Ross and send him a copy of the offensive PM. Do not reply in person.

Do not allow any bullying or unpleasant behavior to go on within the PM system. This message board and the private messaging feature is meant to be a bounded space where persons once bullied or confused can encounter respect and honesty.

(Murders in Sai Baba’s Bedroom) Basava Premanand
Date: September 20, 2010 02:32AM

[www.indiansceptic.in]
Basava Premanand
(17 February 1930 - 04 October 2009)

B. Premanand, the doyen of Indian rationalist movement, is no more. He breathed his last on Oct 4, 2009 at 2.20 pm at Podannur, Tamil Nadu. He was 79. According to his wishes, his body has been donated to the local medical college.

Born on 17 February, 1930 in Kozhikode (Kerala), Premanand was a keen observer of paranormal phenomena even in his childhood. In his teenage, he approached assorted swamis and gurus to gain spiritual insights but soon fell out with each one of them when he realized that they were all fakes. In 1969 he met the ace Sri Lankan skeptic Dr. Abraham Kovoor who was in India for his “Miracle Exposure” lecture tour. That was a watershed in the life of Premanand, who immediately plunged headlong into the campaign of debunking spiritual tricksters. After Dr. Abraham Kovoor’s death in 1978, Premanand continued Kovoor’s famous challenge of offering One Lakh Rupees to anyone who could demonstrate psychic abilities under fraud-proof conditions. Admittedly, there have been few takers.

During his tumultuous campaign spanning over three exhilarating decades, Premanand visited almost every village and town in India exposing godmen and their miracles, conducting science workshops for the educated and the laypersons, giving public lectures and demonstrations. He visited about 49 countries with his mission to spread skepticism and critical thinking. He was given a Fellowship by National Council for Science and Technology Communication of Government of India for his efforts to spread scientific awareness.

Premanand’s most famous target has, of course, been Puttaparthi Sai Baba, the number one spiritual fraudster in India for decades. Once he famously filed a Civil Writ Petition in Andhra Pradesh High Court against Sai Baba under Indian Gold Control Act! He wanted the government to proceed against Sai Baba for materializing gold from thin air because it was violative of Section 11 of the Gold Control Act, which mandated the permission of the Gold Control Administrator for manufacturing gold! Given the clout godmen have among all strata of Indian society, it is not at all surprising that the case was dismissed by the court. Premanand has compiled a massive collection of records on the infamous murder of six individuals in Sai Baba’s ashram on 6 June 1993 and has brought it out as a book (Murders in Sai Baba’s Bedroom) running into more than 800 pages. This book is a “collector’s item” for those who want to know the truth behind the shady dealings in the ashram. (cont'd) [www.indiansceptic.in]

Re: (Murders in Sai Baba’s Bedroom) Basava Premanand
Date: September 20, 2010 02:46AM

Sathya Sai Baba Bedroom Murders [www.saibaba-x.org.uk]

THE UNRESOLVED, COVERED-UP 1993 MURDERS IN SATHYA SAI BABA'S BEDROOM REVISITED [www.saibaba-x.org.uk]

[www.saibabaexpose.com]

Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.