Current Page: 29 of 45
Re: Guru Swami G
Posted by: psyborgue ()
Date: July 04, 2013 06:19AM

Did people leave their families or friends for Swami G? Was it implied they were being held back spiritually by them or some-such? Again. I apologize if you've answered this already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 06:20AM by psyborgue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: diddly ()
Date: July 04, 2013 06:26AM

Only voluntarily. People are now asked to become celibate / renunciates if they want to continue getting her one-to-one guidance and "go on to realization", whether or not they are married; but, no one has been asked to leave their families or homes.

I think I've given all I can give on this thread. Everyone that visits will have to choose for themselves.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 04, 2013 07:04AM

To whom it may concern:

There will be no "bashing" of anyone that is a meber of this message board.

That is against the agreed upon rules.

No one should blame a victim of a cult or guru in any way, shape or form.

Anyone that does this will first lose their pre-approved status and then if such victim bashing does not cease, that person will be banned from this message board.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: July 04, 2013 10:51AM

[Moderator note: Dabcult was subsequently banned from this thread for rule violations and his posts were deleted.]

Dabcult;
Are you saying that you are a licensed mental health professional? If so, what code of ethics do you follow? Ie the APA's ( American Psychological Association)?
or are you not licensed and are a rebirther and hypnotherapist attempting to discuss other people mental health without any psychology degrees or accreditation?
Just trying to clarify here.
If you are a licensed health professional then you know what the code of ethics says about dual relationships, appropriate boundaries , financial transactions etc.
If you follow the APA s code of ethics then you know whether additional gifts on top of counseling fees are acceptable or not. Are they?
What are the problems with power differential; who holds the power in the therapist/client relationship?
How do you think that the same types of challenges might apply in the realized being/disciple relationship?
What about client confidentiality/ Under what very specific circumstances can a mental health professional break client confidentiality? Do you see those conditions as applying here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 08:27PM by rrmoderator.

Date: July 04, 2013 04:14PM

dabcult
IS YOUR INFO SHARE ...CAN YOU POSTE IT HERE PLEASE
IF TRUTH THESES MIND GAMES ARE NOT VERY ENLIGHTEN

You make it sound as if Diddly is making all this up. I've seen the posts on Swami G's facebook page with my own eyes. I'm not going to post the links here as I don't think it's fair to further publicize her unethical disclosures, but the fact is she has revealed private correspondance between herself and Diddly. She also read correspondance out on youtube. I can also confirm the "hell realm" comment Diddly spoke of as well as comments implying she's miserable and not doing well.

Guru Swami G on Facebook
All i can say is i pity the state of mind spin they are in and entertaining as it's a ripe hell realm of their own construction and doing.

Guru G has said "Attempts to Defame will be met with disclosing the Truth". To me that's a not-so subtle message, not just to Diddly, but to anybody who might speak out, that attempts to do so will result in disclosures of potentially embarrassing private facts. I can't imagine there is a person in such a group who hasn't said something they wouldn't like revealed publicly. That's what people do when they trust a guru.

Yet these simple principles of confidence seem to escape this Guru. Instead of holding people's confidence closely and letting people agree to disagree, no matter what, she's used confidentially disclosed information as a weapon to shut people up who see things differently than she does. That's not the act of somebody who is holy.

[Moderator note: Dabcult was subsequently banned from this thread for rule violations and his posts were deleted.]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 08:27PM by rrmoderator.

Date: July 04, 2013 04:40PM

dabcult
KIND A FREIGHTENING HOW YOU BRAINWASH YOURSELF IN THINKING
" Grace and Light is truly the only salvation in this WORLD "
Yes. I'm sure she "brainwashed herself". Perfectly reasonable explanation, especially from someone purporting to be a therapist who helps others deal with past cult trauma. Forgive me if I'm skeptical. Then again, as you say you have your "own set of rules" and you "follow your heart" rather than a set of ethics set down to protect patients.

dabcult
THE THERAPIST MUST HOLD THE POWER ....IF NOT ANOTHER THERAPIST AS TO BE CHOSEN
No. I'm sorry, but that's not how therapy works. The role of a therapist is to listen to a client. The client ultimately is supposed to guide the therapeutic process. Therapists do not encourage a power imbalance. Therapists do not:

1. imply a client will fail, or implode without their therapy.
2. disclose private details of client's lives to others, even if their clients talk about them in public first.
3. act like they have the one true solution.
4. tell people not to read books, lest it be bad for them.
5. take advantage of client's weaknesses - instead they build healthy boundaries.
6. encourage dependence on the therapist.
7. accept lavish gifts, much less encourage them.
8. encourage people to stop thinking for themselves.

... at least not without risk of losing their license. By what I've read here, I can say that it appears Guru Swami G has done all theses things. You're right that legally, she probably can get away with a lot of these things as religious figures (and peer-to-peer groups) are exempt from regulations and oversight concerning therapists, but that's hardly saying much. It's the same excuse countless gurus, cults, and cult-like groups have used in the past to take advantage of people. It speaks more to an unhealthy over-abundance of religious tolerance than anything else.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 08:28PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 04, 2013 09:40PM

Dab, you have been helpful on the Chris Butler thread.

But not here.

But...typing all capital letters is the equivalent of shouting.

Those persons who have been yelled at by Swami G will risk having their anxiety activated if someone types posts in all capital letters on this thread.

All this is shifting attention to you, rather than to G.

Directing those all caps posts at diddly, who has already been dumped on by G in the G group as well as on this thread is not a skillfull way to behave.

Unless its to attract attention to you and away from G.

Posted by: Icarus ()
Date: July 04, 2013 11:36PM

I agree with Psyborgue and Corboy. Dabcult is not doing himself/herself nor Swami G any favors. Quite to the contrary, he/she is exemplifying the dangers of uneducated and unregulated self-declared counselors and therapists who make up their own rules as they go along with their clients -- people who are suffering and in need of help -- paying the price. Not only are the all-caps very offputting and rude, but what's with the wildly incorrect spelling and grammar? That itself raises some major flags. Dabcult, are you a native speaker of English? If not, then that may explain your atrocious writing and I apologize for the last remark.

Posted by: Icarus ()
Date: July 05, 2013 12:55AM

Dabcult - I think I figured out who you are from YouTube (videos you referenced above) and you indeed are French-Canadian with French as your first language. I indeed apologize for my last remark above. That you can communicate well in English as a non-native speaker is impressive. I can see why you've spelled certain words in the way you have.

Date: July 05, 2013 03:27AM

Dabcult,

She has posted "solid accusations" already. Multiple times. Even in list form for those with reading comprehension issues. She has made it clear, from her experience, exactly what happened and detailed what she felt was wrong with what Guru G did. Your repeated insistence (bordering on harassment) that she post "solid" seem to be implying what happened to her wasn't serious enough, as if her experiences are somehow invalid or frivolous. So what if her list doesn't fit Lifton's 8 criteria or Singer's six conditions. You never gave her a chance to get that far. I know that if you treated me the way you have treated her, I would be upset. And I have pretty thick skin. And you haven't even the decency to apologize for belittling her.

Furthermore, to suggest she name names of other participants, and in doing so, drag others into this without their permission is very unethical. I fully support naming and shaming the guilty, but dragging innocents into the crossfire or using them as cannon fodder is not ok. The ends do not justify the means. If people are too afraid to speak out, or if they feel it's not worth the trouble, they should not be forced to. Even if it means Diddly is sticking her head out there alone for the Guru to chop off. Each person has their own time to come out of a cult/cult-like group and speak out, if at all, and to try and force the issue would likely cause these people to retreat even further into the group.

As far as Guru G goes, i'm not at all surprised if she's lying about, defaming, or even bring Judaism into this about Rick Ross. It's what she did to Diddly, after all. It's her mistake to fight it, though. The more people she points to this website, the more will educate themselves on thought reform, and the more will leave her group. Some will listen to her (almost certain) admonitions not to read any of the rest of the site, but others will peek, and their minds might be opened.

Cults and cult-like groups have a tendency to be self destructive. If Scientology hadn't been so agressive with it's take-down of the Tom Cruise video, they would never have provoked Anonymous, which in turn opened the door to the press finally growing some balls. Then again, it's not like they could do anything else. It's their established doctrine to attack and that this point it's difficult to change. I wouldn't expect Guru G to change. She might think it would come across as a sign of weakness to her followers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 08:29PM by rrmoderator.

Current Page: 29 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.