Current Page: 10 of 26
Re: Dave Lakhani, exploringthemind.com cult interview
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 22, 2010 02:20AM

It was my comment, the oversight remark was a bit tongue in cheek given his remarkable 14 year oversight of CAN as a Scientology front.
I have emailed the blog owner asking for a mention of the issue next to the audio button.
I can see that Dave does not want to draw attention to his performance here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dave Lakhani, cult interview, exploringthemind.com
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: January 22, 2010 02:45AM

Good show, Stoic!

It'll be fantastic if the blog owner of "Exploring The Mind" listens to you and posts a WARNING about the Cult Awareness Network in a prominent place.

I'd like to think that the blog owner will be just as concerned as Mr. Lakhani says he is about the problem with CAN... seeing as Mr. Lovitch felt it important to blog the interview with Mr. Lakhani. He actually raved about it: "I believe Dave Lakhani over delivered on this one."

It really is a simple matter of posting a warning where people can easily see it.

Come to think of it.... perhaps Mr. Lakhani will think it important enough to announce the problem with CAN on his own blog as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 02:46AM by helpme2times.

Date: January 22, 2010 03:31AM

The given email address: help@hypnosisnetwork.com has returned as 'invalid email address' so this may be a flog rather than a blog--just set up to sell stuff. There is an real address given so I will snail mail that.
If Dave was serious about correcting his oversight I think he would ensure that his retraction was adjacent to the broadcast of that oversight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 03:37AM by Stoic.

Re: Dave Lakhani, cult mind control tactics, covert manipulation
Posted by: ImthatDave ()
Date: January 22, 2010 03:48AM

Everyone -

If you go to the contact page it is help @ hypnosisnetwork.com, you had the wrong email address.

The editor of the site has been traveling and I just spoke with him today he is having an addition made to the site itself indicating the issue with CAN. I left a message asking for the change as soon as I found out.

I put the post in the comments because depending on how you view the list (for example, I view newest first so my post comes up first) people will see it there first and it is from me directly. I also put it in the comments because the editor was traveling and hadn't returned my call and I wanted to get something on the site sooner than later.

It was my decision to recommend Steven Hassan and I recommended him because he is a licensed mental health professional and a widely recognized expert. I also asked the editor to mention this forum in his editor's note in the permanent post.

If I have reason to address CAN on my blog based on something else I'm talking about I'll definitely mention it and link to the 60 minutes report. I'm currently going through material to see if I've recommended it anywhere else.

Dave Lakhani

Date: January 22, 2010 04:14AM

Stoic -

I just sent an email to help @ hypnosisnetwork.com and got a response within five minutes. You may have misspelled something or sent it to hypnosis.com which is what you put up earlier before you edited your post.

Dave Lakhani

Date: January 22, 2010 04:20AM

For anyone who listens to the replay and for everyone here, the correction has been made just below the player

Replay page: [exploringthemind.com]

And, a comment was made in the comments section that is emailed or otherwise updates everyone who wants to be updated who've made comments on the post in the past.

This was all put into place as soon as I discovered that CAN was now a Scientologist run organization and before Stoic contacted Hypnosisnetwork.

Dave Lakhani

Date: January 22, 2010 04:59AM

'How to Protect Yourself from Coercive Groups and Leaders
Download MP3 (Length: 53:54) (Subscribe on iTunes)
This interview was cut off a little short due to some technical issues, so we apologize for the abrupt ending. All you missed was the closing statements. Anyway, I apologize – Michael

*Important: In the middle of the Interview Dave mentioned The Cult Awareness Network (CAN) as a resource. Dave just contacted me and let me know that this is now a Scientologist front (long story…). Anyway, he recommends Steven Hassan’s website www.freedomofmind.org or Rick Ross www.culteducation.com if you want to learn information about cults, cult deprogramming and group coercion. Sorry for not catching this earlier.'

Dave has prevailed on the blog owner to post the above directly beneath the podcast.
Thanks, Dave.

exploring the mind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 05:01AM by Stoic.

Dave Lakhani, NLP Master Practitioner, where's the proof? With who?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 22, 2010 06:09AM

Dave Lakhani is still at it, always the Applied Propagandist.

The poster says to Lakhani, that it must have been an oversight, to not mention that he was alerted to his "mistake" about CAN and Scientology on the RickRoss.com forum.

(By the way, that is not just a mistake, that is serious gross negligence, and could actually ruin vulnerable people's lives by referring them into the clutches of Scientology. Has Lakhani even APOLOGIZED yet? Frankly, an apology is not enough. What if some vulnerable people coming out of a cult have now been lured into the Scientology system, thanks to Lakhani's referral to CAN? Lakhani did worse than those who promoted and referred people to James Ray, as James Ray was not widely known as a scammer yet...
...except that James Ray was identified as a dangerous scammer right in these threads 3 years ago, including complaints about people with BURNS NOT BEING ALLOWED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL, which were posted on the Oprah forums. No wonder Oprah is silent, as she is also complicit in this case).
Oprah just crowned this sleazy salesman James Ray the new Werner Erhard. There were some horrible complaints about this guy on the Oprah boards, people getting ripped off 10K, and lots of people burning their feet in his "fire-walk" and not being allowed to go to the hospital. This guy is very bad.

June 29, 2007 [forum.culteducation.com]

But concerning Lakhani's blog comment deliberately ignoring this forum, Lakhani says.."It was not an oversight, I chose to list Steven Hassan because he is a licensed mental health professional.".

Really? Oh no he dihn't.
He only listed Steve Hassan's website, as he obviously did NOT want to also link this forum where his atrocious and dangerous Scientology blunder was exposed, along with many other very serious questions about Dave Lakhani.

But now all of a sudden Dave is only referring people to licensed mental health counsellors?
Dave Lakhani recommends all sorts of salesmen, internet scammers and many others who are not licensed in any way, other than licensed to make fast money now by covert persuasion and rapid covert conversational hypnosis tricks.

Is Dave Lakhani licensed?
Dave Lakhani says he is a "Master Hypnotist" [forum.culteducation.com] QUOTE by Dave Lakhani:
"I'm also one of the world's fastest hypnotists and can put people into trance in seconds."

Where is the link to Dave Lakhani's license as a hypnotist, or hypnotherapist? Where did he study, and with whom, and for how long? Does he have a diploma, or license in hypnosis?
Of course not, nothing is listed anywhere, just vague claims.
(by the way, Lakhani is NOT one of the worlds fastest hypnotists, he literally copied that phrase word for word from Richard Bandler, who actually is a rapid hypnotist).

Also, why won't Dave Lakhani post ANYWHERE on the internet, who certified/licensed him as an NLP Master Practitioner, and when and where?
Why is he ignoring that? Why won't he post the evidence, so it can be cross-checked?

Is it because he is not an actual NLP Master Practitioner?

Some people get some general NLP information off the internet, and read a few NLP books, and maybe take a single general Richard Bandler weekend seminar which anyone can take, and then they start running around calling themselves an NLP Master Practitioner, as a way to dishonestly promote themselves to try and charge more money.
If someone is going to advertise themselves as an NLP Master Practitioner, they have to PROVE IT.

Why is Dave Lakhani refusing to answer that question?

This is a real object lesson in these self-professed "experts" running around making vague and deceptive marketing claims, to promote themselves and their internet businesses. Not only can they liberate your money from your purse, they can also make terrible blunders and with gross negligence and ignorance, refer people to Scientology, for example. With friends like that, who say they are "on your side", you don't need enemies.
Ignorance is not bliss, its dangerous and can ruin lives. Combined with arrogance, misdirection, deceptive tactics, exaggeration, intimidation attempts, dishonest marketing language, and covert persuasion and conversational covert hypnosis...
...plus many other tactics...like trying to trigger emotional responses and rapport related to being your best buddy and "friend", that is the kind of covert manipulation that needs to be exposed from top to bottom.

And its not just about one particular person, that knowledge can be generalized to others who do the exact same techniques.

Dave Lakhani, NLP covert conversational hypnosis
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 22, 2010 06:41AM

by the way, there appears to be some clarification on exploringthemind.com about the hypnosis email address.

But more importantly, and this is a huge subject.
So far, the things Dave Lakhani is saying about "hypnosis" and covert hypnosis, and conversational hypnosis, cannot be trusted. On a scale of accurate knowledge, with 99% being the highest trust, then on this subject Dave Lakhani is very very low, way under 10%, very close to 0.

This is a very complex and highly subtle area, of how language, conversation, suggestion, persuasion, trance, and many other aspects of human consciousness operate.
There are very complex and advanced ways of communicating, where they are able to DENY hypnosis exists, while at the exact same time doing trance-techniques to people.

Again, its a gigantic area, and people literally study it for years, for many hundreds of hours.
There are ways to learn some decent information about it, some of it posted in other threads. But one should always try to learn from the horses mouth, and not from those who are 5x removed from the source material, and have warped and perverted it into a sales process, as a way to extract money from people. People, who then misdirect, and deceive people about what they are doing, as they are doing it.

At best, this can open up the can of worms knows as covert conversational hypnosis, and how that is marketed, sold, and propagandized. Its not like an area of proper knowledge, where there are real scholars who have explored the issues in an intellectually honest way.
What has happened, is that hordes of outright greedy and deceptive scammers have taken it over, and there is so much distortion and misdirection, its close to impossible to understand what is really going on without some serious intellectual effort.
A good rule of thumb, is that about %99.999999999 of those selling it to the general public, are just using it as "content" to sell product, and really don't know what they are talking about.
How can you learn something from a "teacher" who is consciously deceiving you?

There are a few good sources where accurate knowledge can be aquired in this area, which can be linked to as time goes by.

Dave Lakhani is absolutely NOT one of those good sources, as can be seen even in these threads, and elsewhere.

Re: Dave Lakhani, NLP Master Practitioner, where's the proof? With who?
Date: January 22, 2010 06:59AM

'And its not just about one particular person, that knowledge can be generalized to others who do the exact same techniques.'

Indeed, seeing how this works in principle makes it more likely that when the next con-man tries it we will be more quickly aware that this is a dangerous ploy. That awareness gives us options, to back away, avoid the person completely, to take measures to protect ourselves. I personally don't think it a good idea to engage directly with such a con-man. Recognition of the tactics should be a strong signal to avoid the person.

Dave did post a RickRoss link along with Steve Hassan though, and I think an apology probably too much to expect. The retraction is there, adjacent to the podcast and flagged. The damage done has been rectified for the future.
I know from my own experience that I have no control at all over the ethics and behaviour of others and would not want such control even if it were possible. (which it most certainly isn't for any extended period of time)

I think Dave has done the right thing and he probably has a whole spectrum of reasons for doing it--that's his business. I'm just glad he's done it.

(minor correction to the above, the posting was done by the blog owner at Dave's request)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 07:05AM by Stoic.

Current Page: 10 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.