Good News Mission cult
Posted by: esfes1025 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 12:43AM

Hi,

Just found this site and wanted to share info about a cult that I used to be apart of about 7 months ago. I saw someone else who posted something... more as an outsider. But here is my blog about them as well as their website. This one is one of the more deceptive ones as I do believe people do receive the free gift of Jesus... but I believe that their leaders are not saved and are much like what 1 John warns about... Those that seem to have the Message, but are actually belong to Satan. This became evident to me when I saw the verse in 1 John 4:18. The members there live their days by fear of the pastors and fear of screwing up, and fear that they will be cut off if they do/say/think the wrong thing. These leaders know the Bible, and have a way of manipulating it.

Here is a link to their website as well as my blog about my experiences while I was involved with them which was shorter then most people... about 7-8 months:

[esfes1025.wordpress.com]
[www.goodnews.or.kr]

Also... those who pray... please pray that this groups eyes would be open. I also have two friends who went around the same time I did, but are still there. One of which is currently trying to get his family there and his family is high risk to be pulled into this group.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good News Mission cult
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: January 04, 2010 06:55AM

esfes1025, I sent Travis2008 a private email through Rick Ross' site letting him know you are newly here and posting on this destructive church. I hope he responds and adds to your posts as I and others would be interested in his plight and news of his girl friend.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum. Glad we have someone who was once active with the church. I checked out your blog as well.

Posted by: esfes1025 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 07:41AM

thanks for your welcome Sparky

Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: January 07, 2010 08:32PM

This group is very active on Korean university campuses, under the guise of IYF (International Youth Fellowship)
[www.iyf.or.kr]

Lots of focus on English education (something every Korean student studies) and travel abroad on their missionary / volunteer programs.
I attended one of their speech contest a few years ago, almost every speech was about how good their "church" was.
A promo video followed that would have put the Moonies to shame.

Here's another of their sites: [biblecrusade.com]

Esfes, good luck with your blog!
This is one cult that has managed to fly under the radar, I hope your blog helps correct that.

www.jmscult.com/forum

Posted by: joonyah ()
Date: March 05, 2013 03:33PM

I am a person that has attended the GNM church for a very long time and I can tell you that this church is definitely a cult. They have many of cult like characteristics like: brainwashing, manipulation, and deceitfulness. However I would like to state that this cult is some respect more dangerous than the Moonies or Jehoviah Witness, because they do rely on the Bible and there are some truth to the things they teach. However they often do speak out of context from the true meaning of the Bible and use cleverly phrases like "break your heart", "change your heart", "or that you are evil". Basicly these words are used to make the victim feel guilty and destroyed so that they are left in a weak state where they have no choice but to accept what the pastor says. IN GNM whatever the pastor says comes directly from God so disagreeing with them and they will immediately starting attacking you and claim that "you haven't received salvation", just because you happen to disagree. It's one of the clever ways to manipulate the brothers and sisters in the church and making them feel guilty. At first I felt there was something wrong with me and the pastors are always right, but I now know that this is pure brainwashing. The GNM church often claims that they teach the Bible correctly and they teach it in entirely, but that is not the case. Often times they will just disregard certain verses from the Bible and only emphasis the verses that benefits the church. Many people would sell their lands, homes, cars, and just about everything to give offering to the church and grow Pastor Park's empire. Although they rarely tell their members directly to pay money (sometimes they do), they do pressure the members into making many unnecessary offerings and would often them they have no faith, or that they are caught up by "their own thoughts" and give them a sense of guilt and pressure to pay the church. Members of the church are pressured and therefore have to keep paying for the church. The pastors of the church have a great amount of power within the church, and there is a lot of politics and a hierarchical system with Pastor Park at the top. Basicly all the members are brainwashed into thinking that everything coming out of Pastor Park's mouth came directly from God himself. So they never question his motives and just blindly follow what the pastors tell them to do. The Pastors also tell them members that if you leave the church, bad things will happen, and eventually you will come back. That is why many of the people are very insecure, sometimes crazy, and will do everything the church tells them to do.

The IYF is another manipulative tool they use to lure unsuspecting college students into joining the program. The way it is advertised is to bring all these students together and bring them to other countries to learn the culture, teach English and do varieties of different programs. In actuality it is just a way to recruit them as short term missionaries. It's really that they would just randomly bring students who are not very intersted in religion to go there and do something they had no idea they were going to do in the first place. Often they are kept in churches and not allowed to leave the church without the permission of the pastor. They go from church to church and promote GNM church to get people to join it. It's a church yet it's operated just like a business. They claim that their goal is to bring salvation to suffering souls but in actuality it has more to do with growing their empire. Many students find it attractive because they offer to go to another country at a cheap price, thinking they are going to get free vacation, only to be shocked and controlled by the pastors there. Most of the students who come back from the IYF never comes back to the church. I feel this is very misleading and they should make it clear to people who are joining the program that it is a religious program so that they don't get the wrong idea. Perhaps a better thing to do is not getting involved with the IYf and Goodnews mission in the first place. haha

In any case I wrote this blog so that people can have a better idea of what Pastor Park's GNM is all about. They might have been a good church in the past, but slowly it has grown into a cult and right now it definitely is a cult. Rather than focusing on salvation they place more emphasis on buildings, cars, and other materialistic things. There whole focus is to grow, grow and get large much like the way a business operates. I urge people to stay away from this dangerous group. It may appear pleasant in the beginning but the longer you stay, the more destructive it becomes.. It is like an addicting drug where at first it there is pleasure and very little pain, but as time goes by pleasure part is replaced with pain, where there is more pain than there is pleasure,and you are stuck in a position where you are addicted to it and cannot get out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.