Re: James Arthur Ray huna.com Matthew B. James, Tad James NLP.com
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 09, 2011 03:26AM

When trained NLP guys like this start jabbering about "Huna" (or whatever) is terrible that 99% of the new agers just take it at face value.
What is it really?

Its the Rabbit Hole, and he wants to take you down into his rabbit hole.
He's already Pre-Framed it, saying it takes 15 years to learn. So that means he wants to influence you, and have you buy his stuff for 15+ years.

What is it?
Its pure conversational hypnosis. That's it. Its a sham.
The NLPers know it, even though they occasionally pretend to believe in the "content" like "Huna" or whatever.
But they can start using the Confusion Technique on you instantly, put you into a trance in seconds, pre-frame you to be their customer/student/follower for 15+ years.

What does this have to do with James Ray? Everything.
That is exactly how he did it, just with different "content", like his Journey of Power mish-mash. Its just a smokescreen, to distract your mind, while they do their real work, re-engineering your mind, without your awareness, mainly to take all your money.
James Ray just happened to be more reckless and sadistic, so he pushed it to the point of herding people into a human oven, after dehydrating themselves and starving themselves.

But its the EXACT same persuasion techniques being used all over the place, not to kill people, but to get people to do other crazy things, like sign contract for 100K for courses they can't get out of, and pay for it with a reverse mortgage.
Does the LGAT guru care the customer loses their house, or commits suicide once they figure out they have been bankrupted, or have a mental breakdown from the stress of the brainwashing tech?
No the Guru does not care, you are not even a number to them. Only the most ruthless wolves keep doing it, and they don't care.
Tough shit for you. All they care about is #1, the guy in the mirror.

Will the James Ray trial expose the precise techniques being used, and wake people up?
Or are the mass public too self-absorbed and incurious to wonder what is really going on?
If the public doesn't start waking up to these techniques, then the cynical Gurus will just say I told you so, and keep getting away with it.

There needs to be a NEW educational subject area, of dozens of experts, writing books and making TV shows, carefully explaining to the public the exact nature of these predatory persuaders. Perhaps the time has finally arrived.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 09, 2011 05:54AM

It looks as if James Ray has sold up, lock stock and barrel, to another IM'er who is doing a closeout sale of his homestudy courses:

[www.jamesray.com]

Does this mean that he himself doesn't much rate his chances of an aquittal? Or is he running out of ready cash to pay his expensive defence team?

Date: March 09, 2011 08:45AM

One can only speculate, but since all the lawsuits are going to wipe everything out, they just sell everything off to a front-person, and let them take their chances.
That IM scammer even installed a crooked "cancel" button on one of the pages, that if you press CANCEL it means you stay on the page. That is the way these guys think, always about deception. It never even occurs to them to tell the truth.

But the trial video, is that being put up by the new IM scammer, or some hacker prankster?
But it wouldn't be surprising for the new IM scammer to use the trial video to drive traffic, all publicity is good publicity to them.

Hopefully someone very soon will find out who this new IM person is, the Droid should be able to find that out!

Posted by: Penelope ()
Date: March 09, 2011 11:03AM

I was watching the trial today on In Session, the picture of the sweatlodge tent just blew my mind. I went to a sweatlodge once many years ago and I even have some photos of the tent, it was big enough to hold about 10-15 people at the most, and it was covered with cotton blankets NOT anything plastic. I only lasted one round, it was so hot I felt like I died and went to hell. But the people were incredibly nice and understanding and didn't put any pressure on me AT ALL to go back in. Even so, I was a bit embarrassed and felt like a whimp for not seeing the whole thing through. If everyone else could handle it what was my problem? So even without an asshole like James Ray there to make a person feel like a total failure for not taking it to the extreme, or being 'sacreligious' for trying to get some fresh air, I think it's normal to feel like you somehow whimped out by not going through the whole experience. And James Ray knows how to push those buttons in people.

If Colleen's family is there, is there any chance they will testify? Has Rick Ross testified yet? I haven't been following the whole trial, just catching parts of it here and there.

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: March 09, 2011 04:59PM

No one from Colleen's family is on the witness, and although the prosecution mentions her death in some of their documents (especially regarding the JAR team's response), it is unlikely (but not impossible) that it will even be mentioned. It was mentioned earlier on this thread that Colleen's sister will be on In Session on Friday night March 11.

I expect they will bring Rick Ross in fairly late in proceedings. The defense seems to be adopting a kind of reductionist approach to witness testimony, trying to dismantle each element of the cumulative effects of Ray's manipulative techniques. (No one was FORCED to sign the waiver, or FORCED to cut their hair, etc.) -- RR will of course be explaining how each of these small incremental steps are designed to "knock people off balance" (as JAR puts it).

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like the defense is also trying to bore and irritate the jury into forgetting the horrifying testimony they have just heard. Pity RR can't watch and analyse their techniques and explain to the jury what the defense is up to.

Incidentally, more shenanigans are to be expected from the defense each time Hermia Nelson (already mentioned on this thread) gets involved. The defense suddenly produced photos of her which they got "last night" from her and didn't enter into evidence. Nelson was sitting with JAR's family in the courtroom.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 10, 2011 10:27AM

James Arthur Ray jury hears the voice of one of the victims:

[www.dcourier.com]

Date: March 10, 2011 05:05PM

'James Arthur Ray jury hears the voice of one of the victims:'

The robot has the audio posted, scroll down through the updates to the bottom of the post:

[saltydroid.info]

Date: March 10, 2011 05:25PM

An interesating comment appeared on the salty droid blog which I reproduce here in its entirety. I don't know how authentic it is but hope that the Droid follows up:

'Sue Walton
Reply:

March 9th, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I was in the Creating Absolute Wealth programme when we all went out on this assignment last year.

Two things I personally find disturbing.

When we got back and the large group had reformed, James Ray was looking for input on what the experience was like.

A gentleman stood up and wanted to speak about watching this woman fall to her death. He was shut down in a nanosecond. Cut off by Ray.

Ray came to Toronto for an information session. I had the opportunity to ask him questions about the death of Colleen Conaway. I can tell you with out a doubt that what he said to me personally on the phone doesn’t reflect anything like what is documented here.

I’m not saying that this article is incorrect.

What I am saying is the information that was given to me recounting the death of Colleen doesn’t match in any way.

Also, the problem with these waivers that we had to sign. Is this.
We blindly signed these waivers on the morning the program started. You had to sign or you didn’t get into the room. Also, there was NO INFORMATION whatsoever released providing detail of what would happen inside the programme room.

There was choice given to the participants. You either sign them or don’t if you don’t you don’t get in. Period.

I am still sickened by the whole situation and that which followed in Sedona.

Sue Walton
Toronto, Ontario, Canada'

Perhaps this will encourage a few more attendees at the Horton Plaza Mall to speak out.

Re: James Arthur Ray - Sue Walton - Colleen Conaway
Date: March 10, 2011 10:27PM

It reads like a real comment, and the person appears to have given a name, so that could be followed up.
But the information about the waivers is 100% correct, that is how the LGAT seminar scammers do it. They CONCEAL all aspects of the program, not to help you of course, but so the persuasion techniques work. If you know what is happening, it doesn't work, and you won't buy anything from them.

They throw a massive waiver at you AS you are arriving in the morning, with dozens/hundreds of people entering in a rush. If you don't sign the form in a couple minutes, they won't let you into the seminar, which many people have flown into. And don't forget, in fact there are NO REFUNDS for these seminars, no matter what they say.
So most average people with no training, just sign the waiver without reading it.
Anyone who reads it properly, won't enter the seminar, and that is the way they want it, they have you PRE-PAID fee with no refund already. If you are the kind of person who actually READS what they SIGN, then the LGAT Guru doesn't want you.

But what did James Ray say to this person about Colleen Conaway?
Why are the San Diego investigators not doing anything?
Why didn't they interview this person?

Re: James Arthur Ray - Sue Walton - Colleen Conaway
Date: March 11, 2011 12:23AM

The James Ray 45 minute deathlodge audio is something important to listen to.
Its a cross between James Ray copying Tony Robbins language patterns and audience interaction, mixed in with various persuaders and New Age nonsense, all the way up to including some of the techniques used by Jim Jones.
What these extremely disturbed psychopaths want is absolute control of other people, even to the point of death.

(audio links)
[saltydroid.info]
[ update 6 :: 10 March 2011 ]
Death Ray Death Lodge 101
Death Ray Death Lodge 102
Death Ray Death Lodge 103

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.