Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Michael Mamas
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 21, 2013 04:36PM

He also shares a good deal in common with Frog's teacher-figure, Nathaniel. Both grew up in Ohio. Both started their careers as physicists

Corboy note.

An undergraduate major is not the same thing as one's career.

In Mama's case, majoring in physics while doing undergraduate studies does not justify referring to him as having 'started his career as a physicist.' To be precise, Mamas started his career as a veterinarian.

One becomes a physicist in the professional sense by becoming a researcher.

In the most precise sense, one has not embarked upon a career as a physicist until one has published articles describing ones original contributions in the field, usually after one has earned a Ph.D degree and found a position at a facility where one can continue to do research.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Michael Mamas
Posted by: janicew1290 ()
Date: June 01, 2013 08:53PM

Hello,

I just joined this site, saw your post regarding your son, and felt compelled to write. Years ago, I attended Michael Mamas' School for Enlightenment and Healing in San Diego, largely because I found him to be humble, benign and because he did not seem like so many ego-inflated teachers. Sadly, as time progressed, my impression turned out to be incorrect.

Although I do not have the first-hand, precise details, Michael was alleged to have become became sexually involved with at least one, possibly two of the school's instructors, and possibly a couple of the students. This wouldn't have been any of my business or anyone else's business for that matter, had it not been for the fact that the school's co-founder, Michael's girlfriend/partner at the time, shared her hurt with the students. The matter culminated when, just prior to graduation, my class, en-mass, confronted Michael about this and he angrily denied that any sexual impropriety, whatsoever, was or had happened. As he tried to manipulate, actually browbeat, us, I and my fellow classmates were horrified and dishearten, that after three years of trusting this guy, he proved to be such a fraud. An eye-opening experience, because we'd dumbly swallowed his so-called holiness and perfection as a given.

I am much the wiser for the experience; it prompted me to write a novel, using the concept of a healer-gone bad as its premise.

I do not know if you care to share this tidbit with your son. I'd guess that it will not necessarily deter him from his path; Michael seems so normal, so kind and accessible; I really liked him for many reasons. But he also, like so many powerful people, abused his power, and it is very easy for needy souls to be taken in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.