Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: October 09, 2012 03:20AM

Thanks for posting and preserving Ian's blog on his experiences in the cult school. This was a phenomenal find.

The purpose of Ian's blog seemed nostalgic and to get in touch with others who shared the experience. He's obviously trying to make sense of it all in a most gracious way. He's putting the pieces together and looking for confirmation. The blog is over a year old with no new postings.

It must have been an intense time of bonding for these young men separated from family in a foreign country. Like prisoners of war, they must have this unique and shared understanding with each other. Some of the brothers had different mothers and fathers. There are a lot of half brothers and sisters in the cult due to changing wives and husbands. At the time Ian went to the school, only the really "serious" devotees sent their kids away. Not all families were comfortable with this. They also had to have money to pay the tuition and be serious enough to go (see the application form from the newsletter).

The kids Ian mentions; the Bishops, the Gaizon's, Tamayo's, Harvey's were top disciples running important projects and businesses for Butler. Gaizzon ran the gas station on Maui that was connected to the Wayne Nishiki run health food store and gift shop. Besides the indoctrination the boys received, it freed up the parents to serve Butler full time without distractions. The repercussions of the broken homes, multiple step parents in the cult, and being shipped off for years must have had serious consequences. Ian mentions that his mom changed gurus. She was one that left Butler for another vaishnava. I think Ian was lucky because for the first 10 years of his life he led a normal kid life before his Mom joined the cult. His Mom later broke from Butler. Ian himself seems to have had a creative and independent streak. He also got himself kicked out of the school. These things, I am certain helped him to escape and make a good life for himself.

It is interesting how the schools kept the boys busy with sports along with cult brain washing. I am sure the boys don't see it as mind control until they study up on the psychology of it. I wonder how the girls schools were run? What was their curriculum? Did Wai Lana's kids go to those schools?

I did find out that a couple of Butler's disciples are also involved in California politics. Madhavi Kennedy (Madhavi Knickerbocker) is on the California State Assembly. Her father, a one time Sai follower who was initiated by ACB, Rick Knickerbocker has been a Supervisor for the City of Vacaville for years. (Vacaville is close by the Butler enclave in Sacramento).

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 09, 2012 03:30AM

Ian's blog is too important not to quote from.

baguiobrahmacharislive.blogspot.com

Quote: "Friday October 7, 2011 - "We always hear that a picture is worth a thousand words. And this may be true in most cases, but what you don't see in these photos is the underlying realities that were at work. For one, we were all very young, ranging from ages 10-30+. Most of us in the bracket of 12-17 years of age. That you can see. What you can't see is that we woke up at 4:30am every day. We chanted various sanskrit hymns and used the better half of or morning and evening time in fairly deep spiritual activities. Deep is not the right word. We were engulfed in a lifestyle and a series of beliefs that went very deep in terms of our convictions about who we were, what God was, what education was etc etc etc. The list goes on. In each of these faces was a "boy" who was struggling with various emotional, sociological, cultural and spiritual realities. But not in the same way that someone who went to a "normal"school went through. We did not have the comfort of mom and dad. Some of the guys even lost brothers whom they were not able to see at the time. We delved heavily into issues of ego, false identification of the body, karma, reincarnation, and otherwise fantastical conceptions of reality. But yet, somehow, under it all, and perhaps even more apparent in these photos (which were graciously sent over by Nitai Bishop), we were just a bunch of boys trying to make sense of what was happening to us biologically and emotionally and spiritually. It was no doubt different for each of us. Some of us were very much engrossed in the activities around us, while others spent time in a swirl of confusion that has probably lasted a good bit of their lifetime. I don't mean this in a negative sense by any means. I'm just trying to be realistic and objective about it. Those ages, 12-17—how many can claim to know anything at that age—in retrospect. There was no doubt many wise kids there (wise guys too). Some of these boys to me were guys who stated off at the school being total boys and ended up being very serious about their spiritual practice. In fact you often saw that. New boys would come and swim in a daze for some months—maybe even a year—but then eventually something would snap—and we'd start to really dive deeper into our practice. I'm not going to go into detailed captions here of everyone as I don't honestly remember. If anyone does, please drop me a line and I will be happy to point out people individually. Instead, what I am doing here is juts giving a few memories and feelings that arise with each image." End quote.

Vera, you are absolutely correct in your observation. Quote "Besides the indoctrination the boys received, it freed up the parents to serve Butler full time without distractions. The repercussions of the broken homes, multiple step parents in the cult, and being shipped off for years must have had serious consequences. Ian mentions that his mom changed gurus. She was one that left Butler for another vaishnava. I think Ian was lucky because for the first 10 years of his life he led a normal kid life before his Mom joined the cult. His Mom later broke from Butler. Ian himself seems to have had a creative and independent streak. He also got himself kicked out of the school. These things, I am certain helped him to escape and make a good life for himself. " End quote.
How many other boys as well as girls remain scarred from this experience?

Date: October 10, 2012 10:23AM

I wonder if Ian has heard anything from the cult since his Blog was mentioned here. Here are a few quotes of Ian from his obviously authentic account of his young life in the Chris Butler Cult. My own comments are in bold.

“So, over the years I have been able to tack down a few of the guys. A handful really. Most don't really want to share much of their experiences and talk about it. In most cases I have NEVER found an online reference to the school aside form some anti-cult sites.”

We can assume that the Rick Ross Forum is one of the anti-cult sites Ian mentions (since these pages are so prominent in the search results).

I recall being close friend with Chay (Chatanya Nitai Das)… He always had his beads and was chanting. He once told me that his mother was like 14 or 15 when she had him. Nuts.

Does anyone know the story of this young girl’s pregnancy and if she was sexually abused within the cult?

… it was said that the Guru, Chris Butler, had written most of 2 of his most famous books there, Reincarnation Explained and Who Are You? Also, apparently at that time he expressed some interest in starting a school their for boys. As far as I recall, he had stayed there for some time "recovering" from various health issues. The guy used to be a kundalini yogi in the 60-70s and really weakened his immune system doing it.

I recall reading on this forum that Butler’s claims of yoga expertise is just one of his many frauds and his illness is psychosomatic according to his own Doctor.

"The house belonged to the headmasters mother. He came from a very wealthy family and this was just one of many houses that they owned and I guess Mr. Tamayo [Ramon 'Toby' (Tapasya Das)] had dibs on this one."

Is this the same Tamayo family that Tulsi Gabbard married into? It would be nice to know if Butler discovered at this point how to trick his followers into supporting the expensive lifestyle he continues to live.

Keywords are listed below to lead the curious to the Rick Ross Forum and Ian's account:
Nitai Bishop
Narottam Bishop
Chatanya Nitai Das, or Chay
Narshinga Harvey
Domodar Giazzon (Jiva)
Mohana Giazzon
Ramon 'Toby' (Tapasya Das)
Carlos "Haridas" Tamayo
Manu Gonzales
Swarup Tibby, son of Acharya Das (Allan Tibby)

Ian Brian Shimkoviak aka Haridas S.

Baguio City, Philippines

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:19AM

from IAN'S BLOG
“So, over the years I have been able to tack down a few of the guys. A handful really. Most don't really want to share much of their experiences and talk about it. In most cases I have NEVER found an online reference to the school aside form some anti-cult sites.”

It is VERY DIFFICULT to get people to talk about their experiences in the cult, young or old. It is part of the story. Ian does not understand yet how secretive the cult really is and why the school is kept off of the internet. He was a kid with childhood memories. It seems that his parents were not deep insiders, so he wouldn't know a lot. As Vox stated, even serious parents are kept in the dark. The main purpose of the school is to break the bonds of attachment with family and grow people to only serve Butler. Ian also does not fully get that he witnessed first hand a group of young boys succumbing to mind numbing indoctrination. They lost, maybe some of them permanently, the ability to retrieve their critical thinking skills and the ability to discern opposing and contradicting ideas. He does not realize they were all taken away during really formative and important developmental years! He suspects something, but his own programming is over writing his suspicions. He is conscious that something not all good happened, but does not realize the full extent of the mind f#ck Butler did on all the boys... Some of the damages may be leaking out as he hits his 30's. It may be affecting his own family relationships without him knowing why.

flash
Is this the same Tamayo family that Tulsi Gabbard married into? It would be nice to know if Butler discovered at this point how to trick his followers into supporting the expensive lifestyle he continues to live.
YES.

Date: October 12, 2012 01:18AM

Here is some more information on Toby (Tobee)Tamayo and his “school” in Baguio City. My links below point to the street address of the school as well as Toby’s phone and email contacts in case Ian wants to get in touch. Also, dabcult may wish to inform the distraught mother whose children were kidnapped and sent to the Philippines.

Philippine Daily Inquirer - Jun 3, 2000 - TOBY Tamayo and his wife Marissa takes care of foreign and local children whose parents are missionaries or single parents. This is a labor of love for him and …
[news.google.com]

email and phone contacts:
[www.philippinehoney.com]

Not surprising that Toby’s web site is hosted by the Cult Internet company dreamhost

[news.google.com]

[www.philippinehoney.com]

Thanks to atheist for this tidbit linking Tulsi Gabbard to Toby, his home, and his school.
[forum.culteducation.com]
It seems that Tulsi is complicit in the brain washing and worship of Chris Butler that goes on there. What would normal people find so evil about the so called school? Mind control practiced on children, feeding them the nail clippings and foot bath water of Chris Butler, worshipping Butler as a deity with his photo on the alter, etc. Please help me to explain further why we all worry about the harm being done by apparently well-intentioned people. I would love to see the photo mentioned below since it might be the only one ever to show Tulsi with her ex-husband, Eddie.
"Tulsi was once-upon-a time married to a Filipino, Alfredo Tamayo, of Laoag, Ilocos Norte, whose father Antonio Tamayo, Jr. is the son of the prominent General Antonio Tamayo of EDSA fame. The General’s father is Angel Tamayo, this writer’s Ilocos Norte High School teacher in English and athletics. Tulsi lived in the Philippines for some time and studied in Baguio City. According to Toby Tamayo, Alfredo’s uncle, Tulsi stayed in their home in the Philippines." Now I think the author, Atty. Emmanuel Samonte Tipon, meant "Eduardo Tamayo" instead of "Alfredo Tamayo."

[www.voy.com]

> > > Subject: Fw: Mike Gabbard's Filipino Ties
> > > Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:06:44 +0800
> > >
> > JUST A FEW CORRECTIONS TO THE ARTICLE: 1) PHIL AIR
> > FORCE (NOT ARMY)Col Antonio TAmayo Jr. and BRIG.
> GEN
> > Antonio T. 2) GEN ABAYA WAS NOT JEFF'S CLASSMATE
> > Mike and his wife of 35 years have five
> > children. One of those children is Tulsi Gabbard
> > Tamayo. Tulsi’s husband Eduardo has deep roots in
> > the Philippines and is the son of Philippine Army
> > Col. Antonio Tamayo Jr. and grandson of Philippine
> > Army General Antonio Tamayo.

> > Photo caption:: During a recent visit to the
> > Philippines, Tulsi met with Chief of Staff of the
> > Philippine Army, General Narciso Abaya, a former
> > classmate of Tulsi's father-in-law, Philippine
> Army
> > Col. Antonio Tamayo, Jr. From left-to-right,
> > Tulsi's husband Eddie, Tulsi, General Abaya,
> Tulsi's
> > sister-in-law Kaling Tamayo, and father-in-law
> > Antonio Tamayo, Jr.
> >

Date: October 14, 2012 01:34AM

This is for Ian: If by chance you happen to find this forum please take the time to read the last 20 pages or so of this thread.
We are not here to destroy anyone, rather, we are here to help people who have managed to escape the cult or for people who are looking
for information regarding the cult because of a loved one's interest or participation in this cult. There is a powerful and heartfelt message in these pages and I would urge you to take the time to read them. I see in your face not happiness but doubt and possibly confusion.
You are asking: "What happened to me".

You are hoping to connect with others who also experienced the things you did.

Please consider the following. Your childhood years may have seemed "normal" for you. It was in fact very disjointed. Most of us develop close relationships with our family, aunts, uncles, grand parents and cousins as well as siblings. You may have missed out on that due to your mother's decisions. That wasn't fair to you. Your mother may have been searching for something to fill a void in her life and unfortunately chose a path that was not clear to her and she took you along for the ride. What she met was a psychopath (Butler) . The defining quality of the psychopath is the inability to connect with another human on anything but the most superficial level. Because he cannot love, winning and domination become his first and foremost motivation. He feels no remorse, has no real sense of right or wrong and can be the most charming & charismatic person you'll ever meet. It is no coincidence that many cult leaders (Jim Jones, David Koresh, Charles Manson) exhibit most if not all of the criteria on the Psychopathy Checklist.
[www.hare.org] The man you met in that Malibu mansion was nothing more than a psychopath, who hastened to prepare yet again another crop to grind into submission and obedience. Had he truly understood his duty as a teacher, he would have sent you back to your family and told you to come back when you were old enough to decide for yourself which way your heart wanted to go.

But that never happened with Butler, did it, kind readers?

Use mine as a cautionary tale. Listen to your internal warning system, your friends and family. Take time to really get to know a "religious leader" before jumping into his group. Because it is far easier to enter into a relationship with a psychopath than to escape from one.
The damage that is caused to the innocent is extraordinarily profound.
I want you to know that you can be free of the nightmare, should you choose to be.
It is definitely possible. That is why we are here on this forum. Recognize that whatever is troubling you has a name. And it can be repaired.
You can heal.

Date: October 14, 2012 10:31AM

Ian is not the only person damaged by the destructive cult of Chris Butler. At least he escaped and is now free to ask questions and make decisions about his life. I'm not sure, but I think the people listed below are still trapped, robbed of their youth, and part of a fraudulent organization. When they discover their photos here and read a few pages, I hope they will make some comments. I'd be delighted if one of them would deny their current involvement by stating that Chris Butler is evil. We here all believe they are victims and encourage them to research the cult and find their way out.

Toby Tamyo and his boys

Nitai Bishop

Nitai is now a chef. I wonder if he has a recipe for toenail soup.

Narottam Bishop

Swarup Tibby

Damodar Giazzon

Mohana Giazzon

These photos are all public information and their identities are publicly linked to Chris Butler. If the people wished to remain private, they should have kept their lives secret.

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:38PM

Hi forum
A new little video

[www.youtube.com]

I am sure most disciples of the "GURU OF THE UNIVERS" do not have this view from their windows in the morning .

When will they wake up and realize they DO NOT need him to have a relationship with GOD??

Keep your money to get a better education .

Date: October 16, 2012 10:36AM

Jai Gabbard, now nearly 40, left home at 17 and currently lives in Australia with his four children. It might surprise you to learn that he remains close to his parents, Mike and Carol Gabbard, who he calls “my heroes”. Jai made the mistake of not making his My Space page private. He’ll probably hide it quickly, so take a look now:
[www.myspace.com]
Jai writes: “i dont have any secrets so i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve almost to a fault. you can ask me anything.” Really, Jai? What about your secret devotion to lunatic cult leader, Chris Butler?
I wonder why his marriage failed and why Jai has custody? Are the parents of his ex-wife aware of the secret of Chris Butler and are their grandchildren being fed the nail clippings of Chris Butler?

Jai Gabbard

The Gabbard Family (minus oldest son, Bhakti)

Chris Butler - Jagad Guru

From Jai Gabbard My Space page...

About me:
MY LIFE STORY born and raised in samoa, grew up in hawaii. left hawaii when i was seventeen to find fame and fortune in LA, hated LA and moved to NYC when i was 18. loved it. worked as a model in NYC (when i was young and beautiful) with ford men. lived there for nearly two years, fell in love with a beautiful aussie girl and moved to Oz.Got married four years later and had lots of beautiful kids. due to irreconcileable differences we were unable to continue our relationship. so separated at the end of 05. here we are in 07 and i now have my three boys living with me seven days a week and my little girl stays with us two nights a week. how many dads get to do that!!!!WOW!! now i'm a very busy boy! work hard, always chasing my dreams. love my kids more than anything. i find theres not enough hours in the day. days in the week. weeks in the year, and so on. to much i want to do so i try and cram it all in. certainly no time for much sleep. it's jai time! would love to meet positive, creative people passionate about their dreams. i dont have time for superficial people, so dont bother. i must always move forward through life. i,m a piscean and love the ocean. i'm a lifelong vegetarian and believe in karma, always! so i try to treat people the way i'd like to be treated. i am a perfectionist and hate half-assed work. do it right or don't do it at all. i like to share the love and hapiness i live with all. i find it very easy to enjoy the simple things and dont believe that stress helps anyone or thing. As well as photography, i make and sell coffee for a living. i also train people in the art of making coffee.(check out my video). i like painting peoples faces and have been doing so for a couple of years now. i love taking long walks on the golf course smackin a little white ball around. there is always music in my house. Always! I have lots of great dreams and ideas that i'm always chasing. I believe in myself completely and know i will achieve everything i apply myself to. i like to share my enthusiasm, and ideas with people. i would love to bring a group of like minded individuals together to help change the world. i can feel change a comin'. I try to keep an open mind, but have old school values. i dont have any secrets so i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve almost to a fault. you can ask me anything. i enjoy every day as it comes. i generally see the light in most people, sometimes its easier to see in some, and will think the best of you until you prove me wrong. its very important to me to be real, be yourself!! if your not comfortable with yourself, then change! until your happy with who you are! ALOHA TO ALL!! look forward to hearing frOm you. jai
Heroes
my mom and dad.
His current girlfriend: [www.myspace.com]

Date: October 17, 2012 09:54AM

dabcult
Hi forum
A new little video

[www.youtube.com]

I am sure most disciples of the "GURU OF THE UNIVERS" do not have this view from their windows in the morning .

When will they wake up and realize they DO NOT need him to have a relationship with GOD??

Keep your money to get a better education .

Thank you, dabcult, for your latest YouTube video exposing Chris Butler. You might have some excellent footage when his minions are bathing him in his yard facing the Mokulua Islands. I'm sure his bath water is saved for purifying purposes (maybe the soup at Down to Earth?) You have mispelled Lanikai in your video title and correcting it will insure better results with the search engines.
Enjoy your stay on Oahu and best wishes for more interesting ideas for exposing Butler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.