Abuse of Power in the Gangaji & Eli Jaxon-Bear Community
Posted by: jeannelucille ()
Date: November 11, 2006 09:40PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: starter ()
Date: November 14, 2006 05:01PM

wow. the sex-with-the guru game. this is an intelligent discussion by people on all sides who are having their hearts' broken. thank you for posting this.

Date: November 16, 2006 11:30PM

You're welcome. :)

I just found another relevant reference to Gangaji and Eli, written by a skeptic who reluctantly attended one of their satsangs at the urging of a friend who is a devotee. Here it is:

[westofsoho.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: November 17, 2006 12:07AM

Interesting. I'll have to forward that link to my friends who attend Gangaji's satsangs.

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: November 17, 2006 02:04AM

Here's another interesting perspective:

[hinessight.blogs.com]

and another:

[aubreypub.typepad.com]

Date: November 17, 2006 05:43AM

Thank you Gulab! Here is yet another link:

[www.dailytidings.com]

Re: Abuse of Power in the Gangaji & Eli Jaxon-Bear Community
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: September 09, 2008 07:35PM

Word on the street was, Eli Jaxon-Bear had stepped away the Leela Foundation shortly after his affair with a student came to light. However, he's back in action again:

[[url=http://www.leela.org/]Leela Foundation[/url]]

Re: Abuse of Power in the Gangaji & Eli Jaxon-Bear Community
Posted by: VoodooDali ()
Date: January 22, 2009 08:18AM

I don't know if Gangaji is running a cult or not, but she certainly does cultish things. She is on public access TV here nearly every day. I found out that she encourages her followers to buy her dvd's and request that they be shown on their local public access stations. I live in an area where there's practically a yoga center on every block. One of Gangaji's pals, Andrew Cohen, has his compound nearby. All the programs I've seen are from around 2003. I wind up watching them sometimes because it comes on right after Democracy Now.

I find Gangaji's style very peculiar. She speaks through clenched teeth like an aristocratic woman who is trying to avoid getting wrinkles by preventing herself from smiling or frowning. I catch myself staring at her mouth for most of the program. It just looks so strange. There's also that forced expression of bliss (or constipation?) so many of those guru types seem to cultivate.
Gangaji usually invites some audience member up to speak with her. I remember one episode in particular where a thirtyish woman came up. Gangaji took her hand and the woman began talking about her problems. I don't recall the problems or what Gangaji had to say up to that point. What I do remember is that the woman replied to Gangaji - "I'm trying to grasp what you are saying." Gangaji seized on that - "Grasp. Why do you need to grasp?" and on and on and on about the bad selfish grasping ego this unfortunate woman possessed. All she had done was tell Gangaji that she couldn't make sense of Gangaji's obtuse gobbledy-gook. And yet the woman was grateful - grateful to be attacked! Or maybe just being polite since she was in front of an audience? Anyway, the whole interchange was sickening.

And yeah - on Gangaji's website, it looks as though she's doing satsangs with Eli again. I've never seen him and I don't want to.

I wonder if there's a way to get her show off of my public access?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.