Ex-Hebrew Roots/Messianic Warned by the Lord about this deception
Posted by: glorytohimonly ()
Date: August 10, 2011 09:29AM

This testimony is published at http://hebrewrootsmessianicdanger.blogspot.com/ I've posted a portion of her testimony here.

Hello brethren,

I know you do not know me, but I have been a fellow-follower of the Hebrew Roots/Messianic movement for several years, even as you. While sitting under the teachings of the Hebrew Roots/Messianic movement (henceforth I will refer to it as HR/M for brevity), I received an urgent message of warning to pass along to anyone in HR/M who is willing to listen. This may be a very difficult letter for some of you to read and accept, but I plead with you to please read it with a soft heart, an open mind, and take a moment to ask the Holy Spirit to provide a witness in your spirit to what I am going to say.

Before I give the urgent warning, I will first provide a little background information so you can see the whole picture better. I was made aware of and introduced to this movement back in late 2006, but I did not really have much interest in it, except I wanted to learn about the Old Testament on a deeper level. So I just kept it in the back of my mind and continued with my walk in the Lord apart from it.

The following year, I began to receive emails from friends who wanted me to understand why they thought this movement was such a blessing to their lives. I finally decided to give in and read a document about the Greek versus Hebrew mind written by Brad Scott. Most of it sounded logical and true, but my spirit became offended at a few comments he made, so I put it down and rejected it altogether.

Months later, the same brother sent me the same article, along with some other new ones, and insisted that I read them. I gave in again and began reading, only this time, it got my attention more, and even though there were a few things that still bothered me, this time, I focused more on the truth part rather than the offensive part.

This was my point of entry into the HR/M teachings. For a couple of years, I studied a bit on the feasts. My involvement in this movement consisted only of studying various materials, either text or video; however, I never became involved in a congregation. In more recent years, I stopped listening to these HR/M teachers because my spirit became increasingly disturbed, although I did not fully know why. But, even though I stopped listening to the teachings/teachers, I maintained some of their practices, such as observance of the Sabbath, abstained from unclean foods, etc. Just the very basic tenets of the doctrine.

I never got deeply entrenched, nor did I ever listen to the more extreme teachings, like Michael Rood and Avi Ben Mordechai. Quite honestly, my spirit sensed something seriously wrong with these, and I could not even open their websites.

One of the things that disturbed me the most about what I was seeing was the division, strife, and contention this movement was bringing to the body of Christ. Paul is very clear that the body of Christ is to be one body and function under one Spirit. This is not what I was seeing, and it began to grieve me deeply. That is why I have always maintained that we must not judge each other based on what names or titles we use for God. This alone causes a lot of friction.

Those who know me and have read my messages know that my focus in ministry is to turn believers’ eyes toward the Shepherd of our faith, Yeshua/Jesus and to learn how to hear the voice of HIS Spirit. If we do this, He will teach us and lead us into Truth. (John 16:13, 1 John 2:27) But I noticed the HR/M movement never spoke about this, so I began to distance myself even more (from teachers and teachings), although I maintained the basic tenets as truth.

Now that I have provided a little background information, I will proceed with the EXTREMELY URGENT WARNING I have been given to pass along to any of my brethren in HR/M who will listen. Please soften your hearts toward the Holy Spirit and seek Him diligently on what I am about to share with you.

Sometime last year, I suddenly began having some demonic attacks that I could not figure out. They were mostly subtle at first, but as months went by, they seemed to multiply and got worse. It got so bad, that I got to the point of severe mental and physical anguish. It was at this point that I decided to do extended fasting (a 40-day fast) to seek His face and find out what was happening. About 2 weeks into the fast, He began giving me dreams and visions that served to give me messages about the truth of what was happening. It was through this difficult struggle against the demonic (it was TOUGH) that I was able to break through into Father's Light and SEE what was actually happening. I will tell you about a few of the dreams and visions in a short while, but first let me back up to some things that led into this ordeal to begin with.

Up until the attacks began, everything seemed normal. I was living what I thought was according to the Word of Truth, including the basic tenets of the HR/M movement. Nothing out of the ordinary, as I saw it. I noticed the demonic attacks began growing in intensity and frequency. It got so bad after a while, I could not eat! I'll skip the details of what the demonic did to me and get to the main point. Sometimes, the only way to break through demonic strongholds, etc, is to fast and pray for extended amounts of time. The worse the bondage, or should I say, the more strategic the demonic web against you, the longer and harder the fight will be. This was the case with me here, as I will continue to explain... [YOU CAN READ THE WHOLE TESTIMONY AT HER SITE: http://hebrewrootsmessianicdanger.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ex-Hebrew Roots/Messianic Warned by the Lord about this deception
Posted by: Jill M ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:30AM

I would love to know more about this, but your blog is denying me access. (I can understand why you may need to make your blog private). If possible, I would love to read more about your experiences with this movement.

Thanks!

Jill

Posted by: hjhilton1 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 08:11AM

I am really struggling with this movement and would desperately like to read this testimony. Why is no one allowed to see it? I'm so desperate for help and to know about this, but the intro is pointless without an invite.

Posted by: JGIG ()
Date: June 18, 2013 03:23AM

hjhilton1,

The above testimony was posted on several forums as well as in a comment at my site. The writer had a few different sites, but as far as I can tell, they've been taken down. I don't know why.

Regarding the Hebrew Roots Movement, there are more folks learning about how it deviates from Biblical Christianity and the cult-like tendencies in the movement.

I came across your post while doing a search - an article that may help you to sort out how the HRM lures folks into their belief system can be read here:

Hebrew Roots Movement - Salesmanship 101

There are also testimonies there from other folks that were in and are now out of the Hebrew Roots Movement on the Testimonies Page.

I hope that helps!

-JGIG

Posted by: hjhilton1 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 06:26AM

Thank you tons! This really helps, and shows me that what is constantly discussed reads like a textbook definition of the doctrine. I miss my relationship with my Savior. Thank you again for sharing this!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.