Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and the Life Coaching scam
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: December 13, 2008 09:45AM

Thats something that has always had me in a bit of a puzzle. If Byron Katie is saying, as quoted by Anticult, that it is a wonderful experience to loose 100% of the money you have, why would she want liabilty waiver forms to be signed? After all, what is, is.
And if she really feels that losing 100 % of what you have is fine, and could be a great spiritual experience, then why is it that it appears she is going out of her way to make sure it does not happen to her?
Strange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: quackdave ()
Date: December 13, 2008 11:07AM

Anticult:

Do you, or does anyone else, find it curious that Daniel Amen (mentioned in this thread as being connected to Byron Katie), author of "Change Your Brain", has a testimonial accredited to him on the back cover of Guy Finley's new book about living a fearless life? Also, is Chris Amen (the one who signs the emails from Guy's Life of Learning Foundation) a relative? Wife, maybe?

I find nothing negative anywhere on the web about Guy Finley and the Foundation, but there's a lot of promotion of seminars, literature, CDs and DVDs aimed at the person who wants to discover "who they REALLY are" and a ton of other buzz words. Nothing is really expensive and Guy doesn't appear to be living the high life, as many cult leaders do, but the connection threw up a red flag for me. Are all these people somehow connected, and a few are just still under the radar? If I'm not mistaken, it seems that many or most of them live in proximity to one another in Northern California and Southern Oregon. That's where a lot of seminars, retreats and home offices seem to be for many of these organizations.

I'm trying to divest myself of all the baloney, in forms written and internalized, and I thought his stuff was safe to read until just recently.

By the way, in a previous post I believe corboy posted a link to an unfavorable blog about Katie. I read the blog, scrolled down a little and saw something like this:

These people are dangerous.

Is it true? YES
Can you be absolutely certain it's true? YES
How do you react when you believe that thought? VERY CAREFULLY
Who would you be without that thought? A SITTING DUCK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 11:09AM by quackdave.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and the Life Coaching scam
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 13, 2008 11:54AM

Also, in one of her CD programs mentioned earlier in the thread, she talks about a time when her house was "robbed". Something along the lines of she came home, and someone had taken a bunch of her stuff...and she says she thinks this is wonderful for the robber and hope he enjoys her stuff, etc.
(she then puts in a comment that if anyone takes her stuff she will call the police...to discourage any follower from believing what she has just said!).

So for the regular listener, this is all puzzling, it doesn't make sense.
But to the hypnotist and persuader, it makes PERFECT sense. You see, its all preparation.
She is trying to convince your unconscious that it is OK for you to be robbed...for someone to just ask for your stuff, your money, and you are to hand it over and feel good about it.
Well, when does this happen?
For starters, and The School for the Work LGAT, as shown in this thread, at a certain moment, Byron Katie asks people to turn over their wedding rings, jewellery and valuables, and as mentioned in this thread, there are stories of people handing over literal fortunes on the spot.

That's the point.
She is planting a hypnotic seed in your mind, that its ok to be "robbed" by her...(but don't try to give her the same medicine).

She constantly hammers home the point that you have to surrender EVERYTHING, not just the money, either. This is how people end up on their knees in front of her. This hits some people between the eyes.
It literally is using hypnotic-unconscious communication against people. Its almost unbelievable a person would do this to people, but believe it, they are doing it.
She is not the only one out there doing this type of thing.

So the message to your unconcious from Byron Katie is that SHE HOLDS 100% of the POWER, and you have ZERO. She can sue you, you can't sue her, as per the disclaimers.
She only wants people who agree to the power dynamic, where Byron Katie holds ALL the power, and you have none.
Its very blatant.

yasmin
Thats something that has always had me in a bit of a puzzle. If Byron Katie is saying, as quoted by Anticult, that it is a wonderful experience to loose 100% of the money you have, why would she want liabilty waiver forms to be signed? After all, what is, is.
And if she really feels that losing 100 % of what you have is fine, and could be a great spiritual experience, then why is it that it appears she is going out of her way to make sure it does not happen to her?
Strange.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Guy Finley
Date: December 13, 2008 12:17PM

hi quackdave...

Daniel Amen is a real businessman, cutting deals with anyone he can for biz cross-promo.

I don't know anything about Guy Finley, but the idea of living without fear is pretty nutty! Nothing wrong with healthy fear, that's natural. Its unhealthy fear that the problem.

But Guy Finley, at first glance, looks like the typical system. They "give" stuff away, or make it "cheap" but that is just marketing. As people get deeper into their system, everything changes, and that stuff is hidden.
For example, his Guy Finley "Free Self-Improvement Starter Kit"
...uh...that is sales 101...Reciprocity,
and one assumes he gets your email address, and contact info for that...and then starts selling his stuff. Once you buy the cheap stuff, then you get the phone call for "Coaching", then the seminars, etc.
Upselling.

But again, one would have to research Finley to see what's up with him.
He was a follower of Vernon Howard, which raises questions.
Also, he has a "Foundation" which lets face it, they all do this for the tax-benefits, no capital gains tax, etc.

He seems to be connected to Byron Katie quite a bit.
Search google for them, and there are over 1000 hits of pages with both of their FULL names on them. That is a very close connection...

copy the exact text below into Google, and search Google for...

"Guy Finley" "byron katie"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 12:28PM by The Anticult.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and infantilization babytalk
Date: December 13, 2008 09:25PM

one other thing to drop in here...
in a book about neuroplasticity, the writer speaks about how people naturally regress in intimate relationships, when they call each other babe, honey, sweetie-pie, and other terms which evoke the earliest months of life when the mother expressed caring and feeding of the baby.

That is another explicit Byron Katie tactic, to call total strangers by those same intimate terms. Now granted, she has the sincerity of a waitress who calls you honeybun, but for people who are vulnerable and love-starved it works.

That is the Byron Katie babytalk, which is literally meant to REGRESS the audience, and to also set Katie up as Mommy Dearest.
One of the most basic techniques in hypnosis is Age Regression, and that is the best way to do it, to assume it is happening by talking in babytalk words and tonality.
Sadly, it works on the target audience.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Guy Finley
Date: December 13, 2008 09:33PM

Thanks, AC.

The connections I see from my early searches, are mostly (so far, anyway) sales people for everything 'newage' (I love to rhyme it with sewage) who want to make a buck reselling the literature and attendant concepts. But, I shall continue to Google all the names, which has served me well to date, including actually being the process which led me to this thread!

You also make a good point on how certain businessfolk seek to qualify and add credibility to their particular snake oil through flimsy alliances and name dropping. Anyway, I'm presently thinking that it's better to be cautious--err on the side of caution--during this period of my de-crapization. I once used to quote, "If it looks like a horse....", which I probably need to resume doing. I think it will help me with my fresh attempts at healthy skepticism.

By the way, I was thinking about the humor you use (i.e. the "Katie in the jar to the Sun") and was reminded of an early Star Trek episode (I know; an eclectic lot, aren't we) where Spock convinces Kirk and the Klingon commander that the only way to rid themselves of the 'demon spirit' (or whatever the alien entity was) that was attacking the ship, was to literally laugh it away. Seems to be working.

qd

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) the mini-Katie Cockroach Lady under glass
Date: December 14, 2008 02:13AM

some of the ideas of manipulating the internal images of Byron Katie in a funny way, are adapted from techniques of Richard Bandler, who was one of the guys who thought this type of stuff up decades ago.
It can be very powerful.

If someone is mentally mind-washed into Byron Katie, one of the best ways to get out of it, is to use Active Imagination and Imagery Rescripting.
So if a person has watched tons of videos of BK, and can see her face and hear her voice in their heads...they can CHANGE that.

Its hypnotic-judo, using the hypnotic techniques for good, and not for evil, like she does.

So one might take the image of Byron Katie, and shrink her down and put her tiny-head on the body of a cockroach, like an old B horror movie. And then she starts yacking in your ear in high pitched voice, and maybe in imagination you shut her yapper with a cork.
Then you take the mental image of the mini-Katie, with the body of a cockroach and put it in a jar, like a child with a spider.
So now SHE is the one who is utterly powerless.
Then if a person wants to be rid of her forever, she could be launched into the black hole at the center of the galaxy and is gone forever.

Those kind of Imagery Rescripting techniques are very powerful, and very simple.
You just repeat them over and over. Do it 15 min a day for a week, for example.
This could work with any culty Guru like this.
People can make up their own scenarios, and trust their own imaginations and thinking.

Its the exact same thing Byron Katie is doing to people, with her stories about the Cockroach, and all of her other stories and images.
You are just taking control of it, and evicting Katie from your mind, forever.

Maybe even from just reading this now...the image in our minds of Byron Katie is being permanently changed to seeing her with her tiny mini-head on the body of her Cockroach...trapped in a glass jar... with a cork in her yapper so she can't tell us her dumb fake Stories and lies over and over...as the jar with mini-roach-katie in it is launched into the black hole at the center of the galaxy and is annihilated forever...that is happening right now...the jar is closing in and being stretched by the black hole, and FLASH...all the matter and energy is gone forever...
Maybe that one image permanently modifies the internal image of Byron Katie in people for life...

ya never know...
;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2008 02:24AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 14, 2008 05:50AM

Imagine that BK is the Tidy-Bowl Man and flush her down the toilet.

Date: December 17, 2008 11:29AM

Yeah, corboy.

That mental image of the Tidy Bowl man is sure the down to Earth version. I think maybe some Earthy versions of the rescripting images may be just what the doctor ordered.

qd

Byron Katie, Brainwash:The Secret History of Mind Control, Streatfeild
Date: December 21, 2008 07:13AM

There is a recent book called BRAINWASH.
An interesting book to get from the library, with surprising conclusions.

Brainwash: The Secret History of Mind Control: Dominic Streatfeild
[www.amazon.com]

What is interesting, is that when he outlines many of the methods being used in this area, Byron Katie uses all of them...from using jargon, hypnosis, food and sleep deprivation (fasting and dietary manipulation), "charity" front-groups, unpaid "staff", and literally everything that is available, in one way or another.

One has to hope that those getting lured into this will be able to see what is going on at some point.
They need to step out of their emotional experience, and take a look at the techniques being used on them. That is why Byron Katie tries to con-vince them to stay in their own emotional experience, and not think about what is happening to them.

There need to be more texts written, outlining the specific techniques being used by people like Byron Katie, and many others. Its just a series of mind-control covert influence techniques, disguised within an entertainment/distraction package.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.