Peak Potentials a very dangerous group
Posted by: Charlie Brown ()
Date: April 10, 2008 11:42AM

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who could share some of thier experiences with this group.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Peak Potentials a very dangerous group
Posted by: daybreak ()
Date: April 22, 2008 04:51AM

Attending one of these courses, 'Millionaire Mind Intensive', led to me register here _during_ the course.

Listening the first day was like playing 'cult phrase bingo': 'changing the world'; 'must do this now, time is running out'; 'don't be like the rest of them'; 'this here is a special supportive loving group, people out there aren't like this'. The days were _very_ long -- 8:30AM - 11PM. For some of the people in my area, it was an hour drive each way -- There's no way for them to get a full eight hours of sleep - even if they gave up eating and showering in the morning. By the second day, the breaks were getting shorter, and often there were other ‘mini’ meetings during them.

By the end of the third day, I was rather depressed by the whole matter -- The majority of the people that I met were kind people, rather than the 'greedy spammer' type. I only met three people who were clearly selling feces shamelessly.

As for other peoples' experiences, when you search here for ' Peak Potentials ', ' Eker ', or ' Millionaire Mind ', be sure to change the date from 'Last 30 days' to 'All Dates' - some of their conferences have already been discussed extensively here - see this thread for talk on Enlightened Warrior Camp.

Re: Peak Potentials a very dangerous group
Posted by: coolenough ()
Date: June 04, 2010 12:49AM

I took the Quantum package of courses in 2004/05 when it was offered for $9995. After that I upgraded and took the Train the Trainer 2 course. In that course Harv, the owner, explains his sales strategies and teaches the participant how to craft and operate their own "training program". What I became aware of is, one of his strategies is to keep clients in his programs for as long as possible. To that end he was literally creating programs "out of thin air" to keep us running to the back and offering up our credit cards for another $1500 course. It was quite amazing to see 3/4's of the room buy into a program that didn't exist a half hour earlier. I didn't.
I came to the realization that if I was ever to attain the status of "wealth", what I needed to do was stop taking Peak Potentials courses and apply the material in them to my benefit.
I was present when MOSHOG (Mind of Steel, Heart of Gold) was first introduced - Harv actually inferred that the course was channeled into him by some unknown power. (He used the word "channeled"). Of course he was preaching to the converted so his assertion was accepted without any noticeable dissent. I did get swept up in the overwhelming value he was offering to first time attendees and registered for it. However, once I'd taken Train the Trainer and come to the conclusion that it was a course that provided the tools to create a similar business for myself, I decided to transfer the MOSHOG tuition over to Train the Trainer 2.

I've never considered Peak Potentials to be a scam, although it is an amazingly effective sales organization. My experiences with the organization have been positive and I don't consider myself brainwashed or controlled. It didn't bother me to break an arrow or bend 3/8th inch rebar with my throat; being choked to the point of nearly losing consciousness and participating in simulated attack/defense situations was actually useful training for me. I got a lot out of his courses.
I don't agree with claims that his recruitment methods are similar to those of Landmark. Yes, Peak Potentials does encourage its clients to spread the word and recruit new clients. However, to my knowledge Landmark and most of the other Personal Development Workshops do not pay actual commission dollars for referrals. Peak Potentials is a very SLICK and POLISHED sales organization and they have a sophisticated online "ambassador program" to pay commissions for recruiting new clients. Landmark and most of the dozens of others programs offer only intangible "points" to their clients for bringing in new business.

People claim his sales techniques are "ruthless", perhaps they are. They are highly effective, there is no doubt. Where I have a problem, is with the background commissions Harv is collecting from every organization that he allows into his "Millionaire School" or “Wealth and Wisdom” programs. Harv is introducing and vouching for the integrity and value of the products others are offering when he really doesn't have any more knowledge or understanding of them than the participants do.
As an example of this; Harv is being sued along with Michael Lathigee (head of the Freedom Investment Club group of companies) who has attended every Millionaire School since 2003. At these events Harv has touted the investing acumen of Mr. Lathigee and his stellar reputation for providing outsized returns. Based on Harv's strong endorsement and Mr. Lathigee's sales presentations many attendees bought into extremely risky real estate programs and have lost substantial sums of money. There is a prospective class action lawsuit underway (US District Court in San Francisco), attempting to obtain refunds from both the Freedom Investment Club and Peak Potentials (for the commission money received for Harv's ringing endorsements). For additional details paste this URL into your browser: [www.canada.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.